❔ QUESTION List of Serviceability Concerns

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I gathered these on YouTube from a former Lotus aftersales department employee who provided technical support and training to the dealer network. Has anyone dug into this or inquired with Lotus (or can you) on whether these concerns from recent outgoing models will be addressed in the Emira:
  • Under tray should be removable after the car is on a two post lift unlike the Elise/Exige where the rear one needs removing before being put on the lift safely.
  • Mechanical fixings should be corrosion-resistant for durability and cosmetics--an age-old problem on Lotus cars.
  • Exterior fittings such as body grills and louvers should be removable without removal of body panels (no removing front clam to unbolt front grille from the inside).
  • Maximize accessibility of electronic modules for connection checks or replacement without major vehicle tear down.
  • HVAC unit and polymer filters should be easily removable, ideally within the cabin unaffected by ambient temperature or water ingress.
  • Pipes such as HVAC, brake oil cooler pipes, etc. should be accessible, not stuck behind bonded panels as on the Elise/Exige/Evora.
These will lower both ownership and warranty costs--a win-win for everyone.

Last edited:

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
  • Pipes such as HVAC, brake oil cooler pipes, etc. should be accessible, not stuck behind bonded panels as on the Elise/Exige/Evora.
It looks like this one may have been addressed.....

Lotus-Emira-production.jpg

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just hope that my local service centre will have sufficient resources to be able to carry out any work required in a timely manner with more cars for them to deal with. My experience with my Evora 410 Sport was anything between six and eight weeks to get it seen for various warning lights, servicing and replacing the air conditioning unit.

They are really nice, friendly & helpful people, but just didn’t seem to have enough hands on spanners. Hopefully the new agreements with Lotus will include some service level agreements and measurements in place.

Has anyone heard who will provide roadside assistance for Lotus in the UK in the first 12 months of ownership?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts