latest colour info...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think that is one of the most sensible posts I've seen on here! Some people are in danger of getting in their own way. I also agree with what you and some others have said - there is a lot of knowledge and value in this forum they could be tapping into.
Thank you I have never been perceived as sensible before, that means a lot 🥰😁

AlexB

Reaction score
Only thing that would be nice about now is an online Q&A with the Lotus team so that all of these inconsistencies and unanswered questions could be put to bed. Otherwise they will fester for some prospective buyers and continue to do the rounds online
This is indeed a great suggestion. I wonder whether @TomE thinks Lotus might be prepared to set this up for deposit holders?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve already suggested they publish some FAQs and answers, based on questions that have come up at dealer roadshows and in the various forums and on social media. Some updates are “being considered”.

It would be great, for example, for the next email newsletter to include a video of Gav Kershaw talking about the suspension options.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In other news, Lotus say they will be publishing photographs of Emira body shells painted in each of the FE colour options.

Not sure on timeframe but “soon” and before the final deposit and configuration commitment is needed. This should be a big help on colour choices.

Rob

Reaction score
In other news, Lotus say they will be publishing photographs of Emira body shells painted in each of the FE colour options.

Not sure on timeframe but “soon” and before the final deposit and configuration commitment is needed. This should be a big help on colour choices.
Thanks Tom, helpful info as always. I’m happy to be an early adopter as long as this type of update, IE painted body shells are released & other full production details rollout over next few months. Be good to see actual interior colourways in time as well. I’m quite enjoying the buildup.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Was told the same yesterday. Will be before 3rd deposit made. And the green sample is correct.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thank you I have never been perceived as sensible before, that means a lot 🥰😁
You are welcome!
I am rarely perceived as sensible and intend to perpetuate that - this whole "growing up" thing is highly over-rated...

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I'm in a car club and someone in the clan has a friend who is on the Emira program and he has said 35 cars are in production and are at 'TT' (tool try out, i think that means they have been produced from production tooling?) stage with a target of first V6 cars being ready to ship in April!?! Hopefully these will be painted in the various colours and we can all see them soon.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm in a car club and someone in the clan has a friend who is on the Emira program and he has said 35 cars are in production and are at 'TT' (tool try out, i think that means they have been produced from production tooling?) stage with a target of first V6 cars being ready to ship in April!?! Hopefully these will be painted in the various colours and we can all see them soon.
Anyone else feeling like a production ready product available to customers in April could be optimistic 🤔

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Useful info and a contact worth cultivating!

I was told they had 86 cars to build for crash testing and type approval. Matt Windle joked they were all going to be painted “crash test blue”. Much better if they paint some in the FE colours.

Press and dealer demo cars are due earlier, but end April is still the target for first customer cars.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I was told they had 86 cars to build for crash testing and type approval. Matt Windle joked they were all going to be painted “crash test blue”. Much better if they paint some in the FE colours.

Press and dealer demo cars are due earlier, but end April is still the target for first customer cars.
Yes, far better to have some examples of each if only for some "REAL" comparisons, lost opportunity 😕

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, far better to have some examples of each if only for some "REAL" comparisons, lost opportunity 😕
I have been told that they will make test production cars in all colours available and will take all different type of angle pictures to show people before placing 3rd deposit down which will then lock in your configuration before production starts

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

He certainly is, I'm keeping him tapped up.
He says the following is the general process that is followed (he worked at JLR so he knows his stuff I'd guess);
A vehicle going into production has a number of gateways to go through. At each stage it has certain criteria it has to meet in order to pass through from all elements (Eng/quality/finance/supply) Inc suppliers.
VP is the first real build - these are test cars (climate test/crash/durability etc) some parts may be prototyped.
TT - is off tool parts - which is where they are now
PP (Pre Production) - big test of parts and process - getting the balance on the line to ensure its constantly moving with possible changes to the takt time.
They may split this into 2 builds PP1/PP2
J1 start of production - design is frozen - no changes
J1+90- that's when you can start to change things for eng/qual issues.

Even engine intros such as the I4 Merc will go through the same process.

firstlotus

Reaction score
Maybe this will help us with color selection... a friendly helpful person took the time to share this...

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't want to start Chinese whispers but I'm pretty sure a few people were told at Goodwood that the car would have closer to 416bhp. Wasn't Matt himself caught saying this on video?
Yes, definitely saw this video too. What would the point be for Lotus to advertise the car at 400 when it's actually 416?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Makes me laugh how people just can’t embrace the car for what it is. Like it buy it and if not best wishes in whatever you choose.
I think it's a case of you could accept it, IF there hadn't been a fair bit of contradictory info flying around that may have influenced your purchase decision in the first instance. Don't get me wrong I'm happy enough, but can see why folk get a bit upset.
I myself was expecting 416bhp and 1400kg. Sounds like that is 400 and maybe 1450 odd now. Means power to weight same as my old M2 Comp manual and was hoping for a smidge more

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Makes me laugh how people just can’t embrace the car for what it is. Like it buy it and if not best wishes in whatever you choose.
Makes me laugh how people think it’s wrong to question what is being said, even when some of Lotus’ direct communications are wrong such as ADAS being on the car, to now know it isn’t, without any official communication to say otherwise.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the goods supplied must match any description given to you or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase otherwise they can be deemed not fit for purpose.

Maybe it’s also the fact that for many people, they know the car is stunning but it’s probably a huge stretch at £80K, so it’s incredibly important they can make the right, informed decisions, and surely it’s not too much to ask for a manufacturer to give accurate, consistent information.

This is supposed to be the new, better Lotus, who want to attract many new buyers to the brand rather than just the existing fan base, so the old “just accept it how it is” doth butter no parsnips.

Didn’t stop me paying my second deposit though !!