• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Komotec carbon fiber wing

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Komo-tec just revealed their carbon fiber GT style wing for the Emira. Official pricing coming next month with first deliveries in February! Excited to see aftermarket offerings already! What do you think?

KomoTec-Emira-Carbon-Rear-Wing-2.jpg

KomoTec-Emira-Carbon-Rear-Wing-3.jpg

Last edited:

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very nice, sure will suit my Jan del HY very well! Price be interesting!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How much do we guess this is going to be. 2k? 3k? 5k?

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That's more like the Exige Cup or Evora GT430 wing. The Emira GT4 wing is a swan neck:

Lotus-Emira-GT4-live-debut-main.jpg

Good point! I adjusted the description. I was thinking of the 981 Porsche GT4 wing. ;)

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thank you for posting but it would be a hard no for me. I have never liked the wings with the metal brackets. They always looked especially horrible to me on the Cayman.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting but it would be a hard no for me. I have never liked the wings with the metal brackets. They always looked especially horrible to me on the Cayman.

Same. I always preferred the cleaner paint matched spoilers on production cars. The metal brackets always looked too aftermarket for me.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Kind of worried about mounting something on that flimsy plastic trunk lid. Does it have a metal bracket that goes on the other side? The holes on the inside should provide great drainage :D

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Kind of worried about mounting something on that flimsy plastic trunk lid. Does it have a metal bracket that goes on the other side? The holes on the inside should provide great drainage :D
They _have_ to provide a reinforcement bracket, and without stiffeners in place this wing is going to be mostly for show.

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not my cup of tea on a car like the Emira. It would also mess with the balance of the car if it's good at being an actual wing. In this case you would need a counterpart at the front. Not sure why anyone would just put the wing on its own on the car other than visual appearance.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I don’t like it at all, this seems more of a style piece than a functional wing.

Was looking for more of an Emira GT4 swan neck wing with a front splitter to match.
To be fair it will never truly be functional unless you mount it through the boot and directly onto the chassis.
Should make the boot easier to shut though lol

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To be fair it will never truly be functional unless you mount it through the boot and directly onto the chassis.
Should make the boot easier to shut though lol

Oh it can absolutely be functional without being bolted directly to the chassis and sacrificing the hatch lid, but that requires some actual engineering work -- but that's a whole lot more work than drill 4 holes into plastic ;)

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for sharing. That’s not going to be for me, I’m not drilling holes in my new car. It’s cool for those that enjoy the look, but I’d rather do reversible mods.