• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

JB’s Nimbus V6 manual

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After so many months of waiting and agonising over my build specification (July 12th 2021), she’s finally arrived! I went backwards and forwards, so many times on whether to pull out or wait for new colours etc, but ultimately, the promise of a protected price and imminent delivery was enough to swing it. I still have a suspicion that the car has been ready for some months and sitting on the tarmac at Hethel, as Lotus seem unable to give me a build month. Is there any way to find this out reliably?

Suffice to say that I am very excited to finally be behind the wheel of my very own Emira. For whatever reason, it just seems so much more special than the test drive or seeing them at the dealer or in pictures. At the very first stop after picking up at the factory, we experienced our first overwhelmingly positive reaction from a random man walking to his car. This is definitely part of the experience. Having been a recent passenger in a modern 911, I was very disappointed to see that not even other Porsche drivers acknowledged you with a smile or a wave. Certainly put me off ownership however “perfect” they are!

So happy to be (still) part of the Lotus club. Sun’s out, so off for another drive…

OP
jamesbxxx

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
046d8665-2547-4af3-a8cd-d6216c12d968.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks beautiful, congratulations @jamesbxxx ! :love: I hope it gives you many years of driving enjoyment!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations!

The VIN number should enable you to find out the build month, once the online VIN decoders are updated. Or if you order a Certificate of Provenance it includes the build date as well as the date of first registration.

OP
jamesbxxx

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations!

The VIN number should enable you to find out the build month, once the online VIN decoders are updated. Or if you order a Certificate of Provenance it includes the build date as well as the date of first registration.
VIN is showing year, not month on ones I've tried.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations @jamesbxxx! I have what appears to be the exact same spec on order! Please feel free to share any/all pictures or vids you can for those of us on the other side of the pond eagerly awaiting to share in the Emira experience :)

OP
jamesbxxx

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Quick update at 300 miles.
Minor issues so far:
1. Tracker wasn't correctly initiated from the factory. Apparently a few left the factory like this, but it was a simple case of Scorpion doing a hard reset in the car and no replacement unit required. Scorpion also confirmed that the phone app can be used in place of a tag.
2. Nearside front pad is chipped on the inside edge and is not connecting to the disc correctly (as seen elsewhere). Booked in to dealer for a warranty change later this month.
Initial impressions so far:
1. Performance is perfect for me. Feels much stronger than the car I test drove and is a lovely car for UK roads (Tour spec). The various sounds made by the engine, exhaust, gearbox and supercharger really add to the excitement and experience. Happy to drive along without the radio.
2. Infotainment and displays, clean, simple and good. To my surprise I don't really miss analogue gauges.
3. Seats are comfortable, but the back is too short for me, with the headrest dangerously low IMO. Leather is really high quality and lifts the cabin. Glad I chose tan to compliment the bronze in Nimbus, rather than black alcantara.
4. Nimbus looks very bronze in some light, but everyone loves the colour. Looks very classy, rather than shouty IMO.
5. Steering is a joy. The way the car turns into roundabouts makes me smile. So different to the numb feeling from my Yaris GR.
6. Loud enough for me, so no mods necessary here.
7. I'm going to change the oil after running in. Lotus said not required, but it's a cheap way to ensure longer engine life.
8. Space: Boot looks too small for a stand golf bag (?) and space behind seats a bit small for a dog bed but going to try soon!
IMG_5763.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Quick update at 300 miles.
Minor issues so far:
1. Tracker wasn't correctly initiated from the factory. Apparently a few left the factory like this, but it was a simple case of Scorpion doing a hard reset in the car and no replacement unit required. Scorpion also confirmed that the phone app can be used in place of a tag.
2. Nearside front pad is chipped on the inside edge and is not connecting to the disc correctly (as seen elsewhere). Booked in to dealer for a warranty change later this month.
Initial impressions so far:
1. Performance is perfect for me. Feels much stronger than the car I test drove and is a lovely car for UK roads (Tour spec). The various sounds made by the engine, exhaust, gearbox and supercharger really add to the excitement and experience. Happy to drive along without the radio.
2. Infotainment and displays, clean, simple and good. To my surprise I don't really miss analogue gauges.
3. Seats are comfortable, but the back is too short for me, with the headrest dangerously low IMO. Leather is really high quality and lifts the cabin. Glad I chose tan to compliment the bronze in Nimbus, rather than black alcantara.
4. Nimbus looks very bronze in some light, but everyone loves the colour. Looks very classy, rather than shouty IMO.
5. Steering is a joy. The way the car turns into roundabouts makes me smile. So different to the numb feeling from my Yaris GR.
6. Loud enough for me, so no mods necessary here.
7. I'm going to change the oil after running in. Lotus said not required, but it's a cheap way to ensure longer engine life.
8. Space: Boot looks too small for a stand golf bag (?) and space behind seats a bit small for a dog bed but going to try soon! View attachment 30153
Great to read your feedback.

For #8 you’ll be fine:
https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/real-world-boot-and-storage-test-including-golf-clubs.1360/

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
are those circles in the bumper the adas system or whatever? what purpose do they serve?

1692056572675.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would think so, its a standard feature in the FE.

OP
jamesbxxx

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First error code yesterday after a very light washing "Parking Brake Service Required". Car wouldn't respond to pressing the starter button but fortunately I was able to take another vehicle. Worryingly it would point to water+electric but cleared after a short wait.
Once up and running again, decided to go for an evening drive to cheer myself up. Bloody lovely!
IMG_5767.jpg
IMG_5771.jpg
IMG_5773.jpg
IMG_5774.jpg
IMG_5778.jpg
IMG_5779.jpg
IMG_5780.jpg

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After so many months of waiting and agonising over my build specification (July 12th 2021), she’s finally arrived! I went backwards and forwards, so many times on whether to pull out or wait for new colours etc, but ultimately, the promise of a protected price and imminent delivery was enough to swing it. I still have a suspicion that the car has been ready for some months and sitting on the tarmac at Hethel, as Lotus seem unable to give me a build month. Is there any way to find this out reliably?

Suffice to say that I am very excited to finally be behind the wheel of my very own Emira. For whatever reason, it just seems so much more special than the test drive or seeing them at the dealer or in pictures. At the very first stop after picking up at the factory, we experienced our first overwhelmingly positive reaction from a random man walking to his car. This is definitely part of the experience. Having been a recent passenger in a modern 911, I was very disappointed to see that not even other Porsche drivers acknowledged you with a smile or a wave. Certainly put me off ownership however “perfect” they are!

So happy to be (still) part of the Lotus club. Sun’s out, so off for another drive…
James - take a look at the days to first service reading on the central screen. Based on what mine is showing I believe this relates to when it was first started up - I.e. will tell you the time gap vs your purchase date (12 month service interval)

OP
jamesbxxx

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
According to the service readout, it was first started on 3rd April 2023. That's a 4 month delay before notification that it's ready for pickup! What happened here?!