JayEmms latest speculation

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Worth a look, comments on depreciation of the Emira and my current purchase of the 570s!

Thanks. Pretty informative. Interesting about the i4.
This belongs in the Review roster

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Interesting video. The i4 may wind up being produced in greater numbers than the V6 because of the now short window of opportunity to be able to sell the 6, but overall the V6 has 3 very attractive things going for it. One, sound. For people who like to drive sports cars, sound is important and the V6 has it. Two, the manual trans. For purists, combine great sound with a manual trans in a sports car, and that's a winning combination. Last but not least, number 3 is maintenance costs. Compared to the maintenance costs of those other cars he mentioned, the V6 Emira is an absolute bargain in that regard. Toyota reliability with Toyota maintenance costs.

Another factor is the cost of the car itself; especially compared to those others he was talking about. The Emira has the looks to compete with cars costing 3 or 4 times as much, but without the high maintenance or ownership costs.

What's going to have a great impact on the value perception of the Emira is how well Lotus supports it. If they can get mobile service vans in place to provide reasonable service for Emira owners, that will go a long way towards adding to the value proposition. If the support isn't there, or it isn't good, that's going to hurt them.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The talk in the trade is that the emira will be worth 5k over for six months max then don’t touch at all when in full production !
After 6 months there will still be a waiting list as long as your arm. You won’t see many secondhand Emira’s for 18 to 24 months that’s when the risk will start and the market is flooded with them. I think they will be massively popular for along time.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If they can get mobile service vans in place to provide reasonable service for Emira owners

Is this actually a thing? I've seen mobile detailer, but never mobile techs.. At least not offered by dealers/manufacturers.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Is this actually a thing? I've seen mobile detailer, but never mobile techs.. At least not offered by dealers/manufacturers.

Tesla does it, and it’s a fantastic experience. Book a service in the app and they send a van to your driveway. They can’t do everything that way, but 90% of the most basic maintenance stuff. They call them mobile rangers.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Tesla does it, and it’s a fantastic experience. Book a service in the app and they send a van to your driveway. They can’t do everything that way, but 90% of the most basic maintenance stuff. They call them mobile rangers.

Interesting. I guess it's easier with EVs not having to worry about fluids (spilling, disposing, etc). I just can't imagine mobile techs working in people's driveways in various lighting and weather conditions with no lifts. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The talk in the trade is that the emira will be worth 5k over for six months max then don’t touch at all when in full production !
And that’s why I have my backup lic plate for my backup Lotus. I’ll be ready to drive whether the flavour of the day is gas or electricity. Come on Lotus, get building something!

4EB8B6F1-C804-48A5-919C-FDD43FD425C2.png

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He starts by saying the V6 will lose value because the I4 will presumably be hotter, but ends by saying the V6 is the better one to have because it’ll maintain enthusiast appeal.

In other words, 🤷🏻

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
After 6 months there will still be a waiting list as long as your arm. You won’t see many secondhand Emira’s for 18 to 24 months that’s when the risk will start and the market is flooded with them. I think they will be massively popular for along time.
I don't think Lotus is going to be able to produce enough V6 Emiras to even meet demand before they can't use that engine anymore, much less flood the market. The V6 FE's being shipped to the U.S. will be model year 2024 cars, and they can only use the V6 through model year 2026. Unless they can start getting a flood of all the parts they need, there may very well be less than 10,000 V6 Emiras built before they have to sell i4 models only. That's for the entire world. Compare that with Porsche producing 300,000 cars just last year alone. The V6 Emira is going to be the rarest of the Emiras, and the V6 FE the rarest of all. Only 700 of those are being made for North America. I think they'll hold their value.

Weyland

Reaction score

Tesla specifically do this to keep costs down and profits up. They have a handful of centres to deal with battery and other issues but push as much work as possible to mobile. Different concept, they started this from the off and is also the reason they don't have showrooms.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think Lotus is going to be able to produce enough V6 Emiras to even meet demand before they can't use that engine anymore, much less flood the market. The V6 FE's being shipped to the U.S. will be model year 2024 cars, and they can only use the V6 through model year 2026. Unless they can start getting a flood of all the parts they need, there may very well be less than 10,000 V6 Emiras built before they have to sell i4 models only. That's for the entire world. Compare that with Porsche producing 300,000 cars just last year alone. The V6 Emira is going to be the rarest of the Emiras, and the V6 FE the rarest of all. Only 700 of those are being made for North America. I think they'll hold their value.
I'd say 2500 worldwide is pretty limited.
10,000 is still a lot

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Completely agree on all of this, and just underscoring that the manual transmission is a key piece of this puzzle. If the I4 is a great engine with more power and a great noise than I don't think too many would miss the V6 - it's the manual transmission that is the key to the appeal on this drivetrain. And that's in the unique context of Lotus, where people desire these cars first and foremost for their feeling of connectedness and engagement.

Maybe the Emira will bring a new market of casuals into the fold that don't care as much about a stick, but they're not the ones that will get into bidding wars on Bring a Trailer for those elusive manuals in 2028.