Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After this weekend trip I opened the glove compartment and I found this: the dealer had "installed" the ETC module using double-sided tape, which doesn't really work on the fabric-like surfaces there.

Any suggestions on how to attach it securely? I though about velcro, but I don't think it would work on this surface...

Attachments

• IMG_6907.jpeg
    IMG_6907.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 23
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any suggestions on how to attach it securely? I though about velcro, but I don't think it would work on this surface...
You may want to check to see if there is a bracket stuck to the top of the glovebox. Mine has a bracket screwed to the car, and the ETC unit clips onto it along with double sided adhesive.
1713277936555.png

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After this weekend trip I opened the glove compartment and I found this: the dealer had "installed" the ETC module using double-sided tape, which doesn't really work on the fabric-like surfaces there.

I had mine installed at my dealer.
You should consult with the place where you had it installed.
1713279383739.jpeg

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Next I am considering putting a Magcode power port for CTEK next to the rear view camera.
This could be easily done by removing the rear bumper, but we are investigating ways to do it without removing the rear bumper.

We are also considering a digital inner mirror.

But when will we get a parts list for the Emira?

View attachment 30968

I'm doing the same.

I'm mounting mine in one of the square recesses behind the rear number plate.

I have mounted the number plate on a synthetic piano hinge (at the top) so you lift it to expose the magcode socket and it snaps shut with a couple of magnets, hiding the socket when not in use.

Hinged plate done, yet to fit the Magcode socket.

Last edited:

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You may want to check to see if there is a bracket stuck to the top of the glovebox. Mine has a bracket screwed to the car, and the ETC unit clips onto it along with double sided adhesive.
I checked and there's no bracket. Just the double-sided tape attached to the top of the glove compartment. The ETC unit was provided by the dealer. I just checked the box and there isn't a bracket there.

I'll let them know so when I bring the car in to get the AC unit fixed they will also take care of this.

Attachments

• IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 10

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had mine installed at my dealer.
You should consult with the place where you had it installed.
Mine was done by the dealer too (Lotus Yokohama). They provided the unit and did the installation during pre-delivery.

I'll talk to them about this.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just look at all that sand from the Continent... Foam wash weekend !
黄砂ってこんなにハッキリ衛星写真に写るんですね。今週末は洗車だな...

large.jpg