• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I've figured it out...

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
After walking around this car now a few hundred times in person I've finally figured out why I love the looks so much...It's got a LOT of Ferrari 288 GTO in it
1000016541.jpg
1000016538.jpg
1000016540.jpg
1000016537.jpg

I was thinking it's like a modern 296 Dino. I've heard some say it resembles a 488.
It's very Ferrari-esq that's for sure.

I've always liked the flat rear deck lid. Looks cool and kind of says sports car. It's also a bit old school. The 296 has this and it's got a throw back kind of look. The connected sloped rear deck lid still looks great and is a bit more modern.

Definitely more 488ish. A friend suggested I get the license plate MCRRARI, to which I declined! :ROFLMAO:

I've seen "POORARI", but I don't think the average joe would look at an Emira and know it *isn't* a Ferrari, haha!

Myself, I get 458 vibes in the front, mclaren vibes from the sides

There
In that they both have seats and a steering wheel?
Very similar shapes and ergonomics. The flat dash with pronounced trapezoidal binnacle, “infotainment” and shifter are placed very similarly in the eye line with the same reach, similar bolstering and center stitching in the seats. Emira is actually a little closer to the 308, which has a very similar dash and similar shapes on the door cards as well.

You wouldn’t say the Ferrari interior looks anything like a C8, or an Alpine, or a 718. But the Emira is close enough here to suggest an homage.

There

Very similar shapes and ergonomics. The flat dash with pronounced trapezoidal binnacle, “infotainment” and shifter are placed very similarly in the eye line with the same reach, similar bolstering and center stitching in the seats. Emira is actually a little closer to the 308, which has a very similar dash and similar shapes on the door cards as well.

You wouldn’t say the Ferrari interior looks anything like a C8, or an Alpine, or a 718. But the Emira is close enough here to suggest an homage.
I agree with you. Emira certainly looks way more similar to the ferrari you posted vs any modern competitors. Old Porsches, ferraris, etc. all had this similar basic layout before modern design took hold.

Again, the emira is the newest old car you can buy. Refreshingly so. Interior design included.

I agree with you. Emira certainly looks way more similar to the ferrari you posted vs any modern competitors. Old Porsches, ferraris, etc. all had this similar basic layout before modern design took hold.

Again, the emira is the newest old car you can buy. Refreshingly so. Interior design included.
It drives like a brand new 20 year pld Ferrari

The Emira looks sleeker and less ostentatious. It's just simply a beautiful car, which is something you generally can't say about any supercar. They tend to be flashy and extreme looking, while the Emira is pure and elegant. To my eye, it looks more refined than just about anything else out there regardless of the price.

After thoroughly researching the MC20, I feel that the Emira is a more affordable and better executed version of what Maserati was aiming for.

Back