❔ QUESTION Is Vivid Red too "Ferrari" looking?

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I spec out an Emira in Vivid Red, will it be too Ferrari looking? I want a Lotus - not a Ferrari, yet the Emira looks good in Red!

Lotus Emira Vivid Red-02.jpg

Lotus Emira Vivid Red.jpg

Lotus Emira Vivid Red-03.jpg

Your opinions, especially from current Lotus Owners, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Lotus Emira Vivid Red-02.jpg
    Lotus Emira Vivid Red-02.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 38

EMorg

Reaction score
Get the color you like. Who cares if Ferraris come in red, too.
Agreed - get the colour you like. First run out in my DV 2 weeks ago we stopped for a coffee in a remote rural settlement. One lady got out of her car came back into the coffee shop and said “l just needed to come back in and say what a beautiful car”. Two minutes later a couple of guys on motorbikes dropped in, I was talking to one them and he said looks nicer than a Ferrari. And was blown away when I had to correct him on the cost of it, him guessing twice as much.

So get what you’ll love and let it speak for itself.

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
People that don’t know cars will confuse it with all sorts of things anyway. But do you care? Get the color you like. Looks hot.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think I’m one of the few to have seen vivid red in person.

It’s more “Ferrari” than Magma. The configurator is way off.

The thing about Vivid Red is it’s like a highlighter color. It’s EXTREMELY bright. Like the paint seems to glow, and it will grab the attention of anyone within 500 yards. It’s brighter than any Ferrari color.

I personally thought it looked fantastic in person, but it will undoubtably get Ferrari comparisons despite its extreme glow.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I guess I fully embraced the Ferrari look. I just happen to enjoy a bright red sports car - no matter the make. I like the red skittles! Like others here said, go with what makes you happy and don't worry about comparisons. To the average person, any mid-engined, exotic-looking car is a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

vivid-red.jpg

OP
981KMAN

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think I’m one of the few to have seen vivid red in person...................

Where did you see one in Person?
Any pics (even though I know the computer will change the color)?
Can you confirm it is a Solid Color, vs Magma which is metallic?

Thanks!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Where did you see one in Person?
Any pics (even though I know the computer will change the color)?
Can you confirm it is a Solid Color, vs Magma which is metallic?

Thanks!

I saw one on the factory floor back in April 2022. It was sitting on the line. I believe it was seen in a couple of photos bouncing around the UK as a demo tester. I’m confident it was vivid red because it very closely matches the swatch that was just released, although like Seneca, cameras won’t be able to capture the vibrancy. You’ll need to see it in person.

I didn’t get close enough to really tell if it was flat or metallic. It’s either flat or has a very subtle metallic like Seneca.

I can tell you that no matter where I was on the factory floor, if that car was at all visible it was screaming at me to look at it. Feels like a neon light perpetually turned on.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw Vivid Red on a pre-production V6 Emira at the factory in January 2022. It's similar to Ferrari Rosso Corso, maybe a bit brighter. Also similar to the previous Lotus Ardent Red used on Elise, Exige and Evora, again a bit brighter. Your screenshots from the configurator look darker than the samples and what I saw.

It is a solid (non metallic) colour. You can see this in the photos of the Vivid Red and Magma Red samples from this thread:
01441b7d-a4bd-47b2-91b9-473db7b13952-jpeg.30483

You're likely to get some "nice Ferrari" comments, but that just gives you an opportunity to tell people more about the brilliant Lotus car you own ;)

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As an FE v6 depositor, I would have liked the opportunity to order this colour, I think it looks spectacular, and suits the lines, especially with the black pack

WilmaT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As an FE v6 depositor, I would have liked the opportunity to order this colour, I think it looks spectacular, and suits the lines, especially with the black pack
Have you finalised you config? I reserved my Emira in May (pre V2 colours) and finalised my order in August when the new colours were available. I ordered Meridian blue…

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Vivid is my 2nd choice to DV. The people I have showed Vivid to say, oh, just another red sports car but when I show them DV, they say, "what color is that, green?..." They think the DV is way more unique than "another red sports car."

If I do go Vivid it will totally be the bad ass Ferrari spec.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Have you finalised you config? I reserved my Emira in May (pre V2 colours) and finalised my order in August when the new colours were available. I ordered Meridian blue…
I finalized it in Q1 2022, I don’t think it’s an option for me to switch to v2 colours - I think the first 700 FEs for North America were limited to the initial six colours.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Red is a main color of nature (hence the "R"BG scale) and is not monopolized by any single car brand. Plus Ferrari is actually moving away from red, because fewer Ferraris sold these days are red than in earlier years.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well I really like the vivid red and the Corsa Ferrari red. If would have considered the exact Ferrari red wrap until I found out it would probably need redoing every 2/3 years to look really good.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a sports car so I wanted a sports car color. 1st choice was some kind of British racing green. That didn't happen. Next up was yellow - because it's not really a color that is attached to a brand, but I already have a yellow car. That leaves me with vivid red. Yes it looks like a Ferrari. but red with tan is a classic sports car combo that so many have worn well. So I'm very OK with it.