• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Is this a FE color?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I believe its a grey car, but it looks very bluish to me.
Just wondering if this is indicative of the true colour, or has it been modified by the photography?
Also, will the production Emira sound this good?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s quite a few photos of shadow grey out there. It tends to reflect its surroundings, so in warm sunlight it looks a warmer grey and in cool light a slate grey.

The paint has some blue fleck in it so in balanced light it has a slightly cooler grey look to it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Shadow Grey abs yes the production V6 will sound almost the same.

I say “almost” because in Tour drive mode the exhaust valve stays closed until about 3-4000rpm, whereas in Sport drive mode it’s open from idle. The grey tour car is basically in Sport mode all the time.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Shadow Grey abs yes the production V6 will sound almost the same.

I say “almost” because in Tour drive mode the exhaust valve stays closed until about 3-4000rpm, whereas in Sport drive mode it’s open from idle. The grey tour car is basically in Sport mode all the time.
Thanks Tom.
My question is does shadow grey look this blue in the flesh, because in the videos you can clearly see blue hues, which I really like.

IanO

Reaction score
Thanks Tom.
My question is does shadow grey look this blue in the flesh, because in the videos you can clearly see blue hues, which I really like.
I saw shadow grey on the factory tour, it definitely has a blue tone to it to my eye but under factory lighting it wasn’t as strong as some of the angles in the video. As ever the colour in the video looks different depending on what screen I view it on so I can’t give a definitive answer.

The one I saw had the full black pack which looked a good combination with the gloss black giving a subtle contrast. Shadow grey isn’t for me, I want a brighter colour, but if I was getting it I would go full black pack.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In some lighting yes, it does have a blue tint due to the blue fleck in the paint. But I think sometimes it is over-emphasised by some cameras and screens. We've also seen that it picks up colours from the surroundings very easily, hence some of the confusion over pictures of a "blue", "purple" and "black" car that are all Shadow Grey.

I think this picture is a good representation of what it looks like on a sunny UK day:
212545461_10159551352072210_1017330585548118221_n.jpg

...but then look how it appears darker and with a more obvious blue tone in this video I took on a similar sunny UK day using an iPhone:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In some lighting yes, it does have a blue tint due to the blue fleck in the paint. But I think sometimes it is over-emphasised by some cameras and screens. We've also seen that it picks up colours from the surroundings very easily, hence some of the confusion over pictures of a "blue", "purple" and "black" car that are all Shadow Grey.

I think this picture is a good representation of what it looks like on a sunny UK day:
View attachment 4582

...but then look how it appears darker and with a more obvious blue tone in this video I took on a similar sunny UK day using an iPhone:
If photo one is 'A sunny day` in the UK, then I can guess where Nimbus Grey arose from.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I must say this grey with blue metallic flake is very cool.
Grey in some conditions and lighting, blue in others.
Screenshot_20220417-234047_YouTube.jpg