Is the V6 compatible with E10 fuel in UK ?

FrenchBred

Reaction score
Given that the v6 is relatively old, is E10 going to be an issue? What is the guidance on Exige/Evora ?

I would never put E10 fuel in any of my cars. Aside from anything else, performance and fuel economy are both compromised.

Shell Synergy Supreme 99 octane is ethanol free in the UK.

I would never put E10 fuel in any of my cars. Aside from anything else, performance and fuel economy are both compromised.

Shell Synergy Supreme 99 octane is ethanol free in the UK.
I think you meant Esso Synergy Supreme 99?

I switched from Shell V-Power to this - excerpt from Esso's FAQs, but that depends on where in the UK the fuel is sourced/supplied from! :whistle:

"Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 contains zero ethanol, except (for logistics reasons) sites supplied from Scotland, North Wales, North England and Cornwall."

I think Shell have committed to V-Power being no more than 5%? My Exige isn’t E10 compatible but I can use V-Power. If the Esso one is ethanol free I might switch to that.

Tesco Momentum is 99 Ron and E5. Less expensive than V Power and used by some motorsports teams in classes that are limited to less than 100 Ron (Pump Fuel).

As much as I love burning dinosaurs, it makes me feel like a bit of an a-hole... I want to see some of this magical synthetic stuff made from Greta-tears hit the market sooner rather than later, so I don't have to worry about ethanol eating my (baby?) seals.