Intro from Edinburgh, Scotland

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi all, I guess we are a pretty excited bunch of guys?!!! (and gals?)

Lifelong petrolhead, got it from my dad and gave it to my son. Current cars below - 17 year-old 996 C4S with 152,000 miles on it, 120,000 of which are mine - daily driver for the last 11 years. Awesomely capable and versatile car.

Weekend ride 2010 4.7 V8 Vantage - 50th birthday present to myself too many years ago.... Again, totally awesome, was designed to compete head to head with the 911 which is does in some ways and yet is a totally different experience. Full Sportspack including the much sought-after lightweight carbon-fibre seats. Oh, and the noise it makes......

If you were being totally non-pc you'd say the 911 was my wife and the Vantage the mistress - but I love them both dearly!

The Aston will be going to help fund the Emira, I'm hoping to hang onto the 911 as I'm about to do a full suspension refresh once my KW3 coilovers arrive, to join all the other new suspension components waiting in the garage.

And my odd handle here? Well my last and only Lotus was a slightly ratty eclat I owned when I was 20 - I'd love to do a full rebuild on one of those - a massively under-rated car, if not everyone's taste visually.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's stories, configurator discussions, delivery date chat - and everything else!

We are all very lucky guys...

Gav

Attachments

• 20210717_125332.jpg
    20210717_125332.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210717_125513.jpg
    20210717_125513.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Inked20210717_125408_LI.jpg
    Inked20210717_125408_LI.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 79
  • InkedAston_LI.jpg
    InkedAston_LI.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210330_074530.jpg
    20210330_074530.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210330_074715.jpg
    20210330_074715.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210330_074830.jpg
    20210330_074830.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210330_074942.jpg
    20210330_074942.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 64
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice collection of cars you have there. I think that's the first I've ever heard of an Eclat before. I'm going to have to have to learn a little bit more about them now 😊

Welcome to the forum! That's a nice collection of cars you have there. I think that's the first I've ever heard of an Eclat before. I'm going to have to have to learn a little bit more about them now 😊
Thanks Dragoon, the eclat was based on the elite, fast-back with bootlid vs more upright glass tailgate being the only difference between the two. Same engine and construction as the S1 and S2 esprit of the same period.

Thanks Dragoon, the eclat was based on the elite, fast-back with bootlid vs more upright glass tailgate being the only difference between the two. Same engine and construction as the S1 and S2 esprit of the same period.
That's super cool! Here's a nice one that I found while looking through pictures of them.
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

That's super cool! Here's a nice one that I found while looking through pictures of them.
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
Wow! I've not seen that one before, great condition and love those original wheels - i remember spending hours with metal polish and lacquer on mine!

Hi all, I guess we are a pretty excited bunch of guys?!!! (and gals?)

Lifelong petrolhead, got it from my dad and gave it to my son. Current cars below - 17 year-old 996 C4S with 152,000 miles on it, 120,000 of which are mine - daily driver for the last 11 years. Awesomely capable and versatile car.

Weekend ride 2010 4.7 V8 Vantage - 50th birthday present to myself too many years ago.... Again, totally awesome, was designed to compete head to head with the 911 which is does in some ways and yet is a totally different experience. Full Sportspack including the much sought-after lightweight carbon-fibre seats. Oh, and the noise it makes......

If you were being totally non-pc you'd say the 911 was my wife and the Vantage the mistress - but I love them both dearly!

The Aston will be going to help fund the Emira, I'm hoping to hang onto the 911 as I'm about to do a full suspension refresh once my KW3 coilovers arrive, to join all the other new suspension components waiting in the garage.

And my odd handle here? Well my last and only Lotus was a slightly ratty eclat I owned when I was 20 - I'd love to do a full rebuild on one of those - a massively under-rated car, if not everyone's taste visually.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's stories, configurator discussions, delivery date chat - and everything else!

We are all very lucky guys...

Gav
Welcome to the forum @eclat2emira 🍻

Amazing collection you have there! Thanks for taking the time to share all of the photos (y) I had a 2014 Porsche 911 for a while and it was a lot of fun to drive. I sold it hoping to upgrade to a 911 GTS / Turbo one day, but I think the Emira will take the place.

I too is from Scotland! Aberdeen…
Well, I’m actually an full on EV convert from a petrolhead, purely because I love tech and the idea of contributing to a healthier future. Was planning on a decent reasonably priced sporty EV - maybe the Porsche Macan EV as the Taycan is just too Darn expensive!!

After seeing the Emira being the last ever ICE LOTUS with an AMG option, I simply had to put a deposit down and hope that it is as good as it looks! Two great pedigree motorsport brand in a joint venture to make a compact junior super car just sounds amazing! What not to like?

I’m not too fussed about the Toyota FE V6 SC, don’t know why but a modern hi tech AMG M139 powered Lotus 2+0 sports car with super car looks is just what I would love to have as a keeper going into the new EV only future. It will perfect for Scottish roads in Touring spec….

I run an EV and a PHEV as our daily, so that will continue, and the Emira will be my guilty pleasure for sure. I just wanted something that I can admire in my garage every time I see it!! I guess being an EV convert, I don’t actually miss a manual transmission…

I toyed with an idea of an Evora before, but the manual box linkage issues and interior quality just didn’t do it for me, the slush auto is a no go, so I passed. Was also thinking of a 991, but again not too sure about it as 911 seems such a predictable “head” choice and they are everywhere in Aberdeen!
The 718 4.0 GTS PDK was on the radar, but I’m not totally sold on the boxster/cayman looks. A110 seemed an option, but the Renault 4 pot just wasn’t special enough. Same with a Alfa 4C. Almost ordered a GR Yaris, but decided against it as it didn’t have the killer looks although totally tempting from the uniqueness and driving point of view - though I prefer a low slung driving position! Yes, I’m quite picky!

So…. I seriously hope the Emira lives up to expectations!

Last edited:
I too is from Scotland! Aberdeen…
Well, I’m actually an full on EV convert from a petrolhead, purely because I love tech and the idea of contributing to a healthier future. Was planning on a decent reasonably priced sporty EV - maybe the Porsche Macan EV as the Taycan is just too Darn expensive!!

After seeing the Emira being the last ever ICE LOTUS with an AMG option, I simply had to put a deposit down and hope that it is as good as it looks! Two great pedigree motorsport brand in a joint venture to make a compact junior super car just sounds amazing! What not to like?

I’m not too fussed about the Toyota FE V6 SC, don’t know why but a modern hi tech AMG M139 powered Lotus 2+0 sports car with super car looks is just what I would love to have as a keeper going into the new EV only future. It will perfect for Scottish roads in Touring spec….

I run an EV and a PHEV as our daily, so that will continue, and the Emira will be my guilty pleasure for sure. I just wanted something that I can admire in my garage every time I see it!! I guess being an EV convert, I don’t actually miss a manual transmission…

I toyed with an idea of an Evora before, but the manual box linkage issues and interior quality just didn’t do it for me, the slush auto is a no go, so I passed. Was also thinking of a 991, but again not too sure about it as 911 seems such a predictable “head” choice and they are everywhere in Aberdeen!
The 718 4.0 GTS PDK was on the radar, but I’m not totally sold on the boxster/cayman looks. A110 seemed an option, but the Renault 4 pot just wasn’t special enough. Same with a Alfa 4C. Almost ordered a GR Yaris, but decided against it as it didn’t have the killer looks although totally tempting from the uniqueness and driving point of view - though I prefer a low slung driving position! Yes, I’m quite picky!

So…. I seriously hope the Emira lives up to expectations!
I'm with you! The AMG engine sure seems like it would have the sizzle factor, but it sounds like they are going to detune it and it's going to have much less horsepower than the V6 engine?! That doesn't seem to make sense, but I also like the idea of the DCT that comes with the AMG engine.

I think they are being conservative about figures - the M139 standard tune is 382hp and the V6 FE SC is 418hp, and that’s been confirmed by Matt Windle during Goodwood Launch. There’s no way they will detune it any more than standard as the M139 meets latest Euro Emission Regulations already. 382/416 will be the launch figures I suspect. 382 is plenty enough for a RWD with 1400kg DIN weight! That’s 272 bhp per tonne. That’s why I’m going for the AMG!

Read this from motorsport magazine:
“The first thing to establish is what weight, precisely, we’re talking about here. Lotus says the Emira weighs 1405kg, and were this a Ferrari we’d be adding 100kg to that right away to bring it up to the standard ‘DIN’ weight of a car full of fuel, oil and water. But actually Lotus quotes the still heavier ‘EU’ weight which adds 75kg for a driver and a bit of luggage. So its actual DIN weight is 1330kg. Now compare that to the Evora 410 it replaces which, it turns out, weighs 1361kg by the same measure. Not so heavy after all, then.”

This link gives a great description of the weight

Do we know what the weight differences are between the AMG engine and DCT trans versus the V6 with the manual gearbox? I would be interested to know if there is any weight difference between the two if they were both sitting on an engine stand. I guess it's probably a bit more difficult to figure the true weight of the AMG engine because of the extra piping, and radiators, such as the intercooler???