i4 FE is up on the U.S. configurator

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks like ordering starts in "Autumn" which I take it to mean September, and delivery in late 2023.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
$8000 USD less

360 puny HP ( one less hamster)

Looks like the i4 has +10tq and and a tenth of a second quicker to 60mph.

Screenshot_20220316-081613_Chrome.jpg

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So the i4 FE Manual can get a leather steering wheel with TDC in the build but the V6 FE still doesn’t have the option? Timing of build and lack of inventory?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you order a V6 automatic you can have the coloured TDC Steering wheel. I believe it applies to all automatic cars (the ones with flappy paddles) hence an option for all i4s.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So the i4 FE Manual can get a leather steering wheel with TDC in the build but the V6 FE still doesn’t have the option? Timing of build and lack of inventory?
They i4 doesn't have a manual as an option.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure the 0-60 time on the FE V6 has been completely confirmed. I keep seeing it as “under 4.5” .. Pretty sure the Evora with same 400hp is aprox 4.0 sec 0-60

It's confirmed 4.3 on the Emira site... but who knows what these will actually do with independent testing. I'm hoping they actually dyno closer to 400whp. I'm still having trouble accepting the fact Lotus detuned the V6 from 430 to 400 "for emissions" or whatever their excuse is. We all know it's so they can grow the model lineup to include a more powerful V6 Emira S or GT at some point.
2022-03-16_09-36-16.png

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that whoever posted somewhere else on a different thread that these performance numbers are pointless is 100% correct.

That was an moment of truth.

As they pointed out......As we are QUICKLY going electric most sedans/(saloons- UK) , SUV’s and even the HUMMER EV will blow away all ICE cars in straight line performance.

So, do these numbers really matter ??

I know 360 hamster HP suck especially when other cars have more for less$$. ( NISSAN Z, Supra, Mustang?, Corvette), but with electric and even Lambo going hybrid, does performance or driving fun take presidencie ?

I actually think the manual V6 is the better choice due to level
Of driver involvement.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think that whoever posted somewhere else on a different thread that these performance numbers are pointless is 100% correct.

That was an moment of truth.

As they pointed out......As we are QUICKLY going electric most sedans/(saloons- UK) , SUV’s and even the HUMMER EV will blow away all ICE cars in straight line performance.

So, do these numbers really matter ??

I know 360 hamster HP suck especially when other cars have more for less$$. ( NISSAN Z, Supra, Mustang?, Corvette), but with electric and even Lambo going hybrid, does performance or driving fun take presidencie ?

I actually think the manual V6 is the better choice due to level
Of driver involvement.

I agree 100%. Whichever car makes you happy to drive is the one to get. There is a reason the Miata is still a hot seller. I made the point on the GT4 numbers 1) because well it's the truth so people should know but also 2) because the Lotus may also outperform its "official numbers" but realistically, these are not the cars you buy for drag racing. These are drivers' cars. If you want straight-line speed, buy a hellcat or something. Drag racing is for the birds. Driving the back roads on the weekend with the windows down, some light music, engine noise, and enjoying life is what I work for.