I was Charged FE 2.0 price for a FE 1.0… but there is a twist

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mine has it too by the passenger footwell.
1711670990822.gif

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ve posted this elsewhere, but just to (for no other reason than we’re all bored here waiting for our cars) put some context to things: what was roughly your “I specced the car and don’t get my deposit back” date, and what was your production month?
Specked the car back in March 2022
My deposit $2500 was fully refundable until I paid for the car
Believe it went into production late September 2023
Arrived in Dallas mid December

73JPS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Specked the car back in March 2022
My deposit $2500 was fully refundable until I paid for the car
Believe it went into production late September 2023
Arrived in Dallas mid December
And you have a complimentary footwell cargo net 😜.

I rest my case… well, not just MY case… there are a bunch on here who have already pleaded, protested, and championed the same thing.

As far as Lotus in Hethel are concerned, there is no such thing as a differentiation between FE1 and FE2: it’s a delineation made elsewhere (by Lotus NA?) to explain a price difference with the offset being more colour choices (yes, I spelled “colour” correctly), and likely at the time the extra allotments were made for North America, it was assumed that the two tranches would come at somewhat disparate times. It was assumed that the first tranche would be built before some minor planned production changes, and the second tranche would be built after.

What happened in reality, though, is that both allotments were built together (“ish”) after the planned production changes, so it‘s passenger footwell cargo nets for everybody!

“You get a passenger footwell cargo net! And YOU get a passenger footwell cargo net! And YOU… “ Well, y’all get the idea 😏

Last edited:

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
OP, how are you enjoying your car?

My suggestion, don’t dwell on it. Easy for me to say, I know, but in the grand scheme, does it really matter? Most of us are still waiting for something you got to jump the queue for.

I hope you get many years of entertainment and this becomes a distant memory.

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
OP, how are you enjoying your car?

My suggestion, don’t dwell on it. Easy for me to say, I know, but in the grand scheme, does it really matter? Most of us are still waiting for something you got to jump the queue for.

I hope you get many years of entertainment and this becomes a distant memory.
Yes I absolute love the car and I’m not dwelling on it. I just thought it was really shady but then again I’m not really surprised coming from this dealership. I just got the car back from PPF so now it’s just time to enjoy it :)
IMG_6450.jpeg

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes I absolute love the car and I’m not dwelling on it. I just thought it was really shady but then again I’m not really surprised coming from this dealership. I just got the car back from PPF so now it’s just time to enjoy it :)
View attachment 40411
What did you do with the wheels? They look like a nice color.

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What did you do with the wheels? They look like a nice color.
Thanks it’s called brass monkey but it actually needs to be redone. I think they didn’t spray them evenly so sometimes they look great but on other angles they look totally different , some areas are too brown, other are too silver. It’s weird. That’s my next mod, to get them redone so they look like on the picture above all the time and under every angle

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a similar situation happening currently in my Emira buying process. Would love some advice.

When I put my deposit down in 2022, I was told I could not get on the FE1.0 list, but was called back a few weeks later saying I could get on the FE2.0 list. I put my deposit down.

A few months (years?) later, my dealer sent my my official build sheet. The build sheet specified that it was an FE2.0 and that the MSRP was $107k.

After I received the build sheet, I replied via email checking that there would be no ADM on top of the MSRP, due to it being an FE2.0 with a higher price than the 1.0. They replied agreeing there would be no ADM, only MSRP + taxes/fees.

Now, my car is at the dealer and I'm about to buy. However, a few things have happened.
  1. Once delivered, the dealer said my Emira is actually an FE1.0 (which I haven't gotten much of a clear explanation for, other than something about "I got you on the FE1.0 list isn't that great!") To me this feels like they actually had less demand than they made it seem? Or they're trying to pull something, i.e. justify a higher ADM.
  2. I asked for the sticker for my car, which indicates a $109k MSRP. However, when I went to the dealer, I saw a bunch of Emiras there, similar if not exact spec, at $98k MSRP. (FYI the sticker does not indicate FE2.0 vs FE1.0)
Not sure how I should proceed. Obviously I'm going to ask why the other cars are prices 10k less. But because I only had an agreement for no ADM on a FE2.0, and mine is now apparently a FE1.0, curious if I can still leverage the agreement about no ADM for the FE2.0.

All feels a little weird but I guess that's the Lotus way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Appreciate any help!!

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a similar situation happening currently in my Emira buying process. Would love some advice.

When I put my deposit down in 2022, I was told I could not get on the FE1.0 list, but was called back a few weeks later saying I could get on the FE2.0 list. I put my deposit down.

A few months (years?) later, my dealer sent my my official build sheet. The build sheet specified that it was an FE2.0 and that the MSRP was $107k.

After I received the build sheet, I replied via email checking that there would be no ADM on top of the MSRP, due to it being an FE2.0 with a higher price than the 1.0. They replied agreeing there would be no ADM, only MSRP + taxes/fees.

Now, my car is at the dealer and I'm about to buy. However, a few things have happened.
  1. Once delivered, the dealer said my Emira is actually an FE1.0 (which I haven't gotten much of a clear explanation for, other than something about "I got you on the FE1.0 list isn't that great!") To me this feels like they actually had less demand than they made it seem? Or they're trying to pull something, i.e. justify a higher ADM.
  2. I asked for the sticker for my car, which indicates a $109k MSRP. However, when I went to the dealer, I saw a bunch of Emiras there, similar if not exact spec, at $98k MSRP. (FYI the sticker does not indicate FE2.0 vs FE1.0)
Not sure how I should proceed. Obviously I'm going to ask why the other cars are prices 10k less. But because I only had an agreement for no ADM on a FE2.0, and mine is now apparently a FE1.0, curious if I can still leverage the agreement about no ADM for the FE2.0.

All feels a little weird but I guess that's the Lotus way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Appreciate any help!!
Sticker MSRP will tell you if it’s an FE1.0 or FE2.0 based solely on price.

When did you deposit in 2022? My guess is most 2022 deposits were FE2.0, but hard to know. I was November 2021, and I was FE2.0.

If your sticker says $98 and they are asking $109k then it’s an ADM added on. If your sticker says $109k then it’s an FE2.0.

Should be simple to clear up.

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My sticker said $98k which means mine was a Fe 1.0 and they charged me $119k for the car so yeah that dealership is just a bunch of crooks. ( I originally agreed to $10k ADM over sticker and they ended up charging me $20k over sticker…)
Your situation is different. If your sticker says $108k then it’s a 2.0 and normal.