• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I feel like I've made a mistake ordering my Emira....

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Seneca with ice was my 2nd choice, it's still an awesome spec, it's just we've seen the most of it by a mile so possibly just a bit of a familiarity creeping in where as other colours were kept under wraps for so long.

Nimbus with Tan was always a gamble for me off a couple of tiny discs years ago but colour is my trade so I had faith and for me it paid off 😁 (other colours are available)

View attachment 24419View attachment 24420
Easily one of the classiest combos.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You have not made a mistake. It is a great combination. I have to select my colour. From the outset I wanted Seneca Blue but have had the same thoughts as you. But, after much thought I’m sticking to my initial gut feelings and going with the Blue. I was getting black leather but looking at your picture I’m going for the Ice Grey leather. They would not have used the Blue colour in lots of the advertising if they did not think it looked any good. All colours have their merits but the blue is for me. It stands out but is not too loud. I think a sports car colour should be in a bold colour.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you are a FE1.0 you will be given the option to change your spec. At least thats what my dealer told me...

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you are a FE1.0 you will be given the option to change your spec. At least thats what my dealer told me...
Do you know when? I thought it was for smaller spec changes (tires, homelink, black pack)

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you know when? I thought it was for smaller spec changes (tires, homelink, black pack)
I am not sure when, they did not specify. But I was told 100% we would NOT be allowed to jump to FE2.0 colors. :(.

Edit- Homelink is 100% a no cost option on ALL US orders...at least for the FE1.0 and you cannot remove it. (I have butlers to open my garage for me and didnt need a homelink...jk about the butlers, but they said it had to come with it and I couldnt remove it)

moley44

Reaction score
Every friggin' time I see a delivery of a nicely spec'd Emira I feel like I've made a mistake!

I ordered the Seneca Blue launch spec with Ice Grey interior. My order had to be placed over a year ago, after seeing the paint samples, but way before any real car pictures showed up. I agonized over the decision for weeks (who am I kidding? it was months!), knowing that when the dealer calls me to lock in the order I had to have it ready. Back then, the configurator Nimbus Grey looked like some kind of a flat mouse grey you'd paint a garage floor. The Dark Verdant was too dark, the Hethel Yellow had no flake (depth) and looked boring, the Nimbus Grey was bland, the Shadow Grey seemed drab, and the Magma Red was too dark and didn't feel like Lotus.

Now, as I jealously watch people receive their cars I can't help but think how awesome the car looks in other colors. The Dark Verdant is menacingly dark, but in the right light it shines beautifully. It's such a rewarding color, which is both reserved and bold at the same time. With a tan leather interior.... why didn't I order it?? The Magma Red, with it's deep dark cherry red color. Visible from miles away and just decadent. It's a dessert I yearn after. The Nimbus Grey looks timeless, while also having titanium/champaign hues with so much character as the light moves around the curvacious body. Surely, that's the one I should have gotten! The Hethel Yellow.... with black brake calipers and a black pack, beaming. It's bold and bright, definitely attracts attention. When it rolled out during the Eletre reveal I thought I had to have that!!

Don't get me wrong, I still think the car I ordered is beautiful in Seneca Blue, with yellow brake calipers, black pack, diamond cut wheels and that beautiful ice grey interior (see exact spec below). It's bright and noticeable, but not too crazy. It feels grown up, but a kid at heart. I can't wait to get it, but I also constantly lust after all the other colors and combinations. I want them all! Damn you, Lotus!!

Who else feels similarly? Do you lust after other configurations or is nothing of interest except for what you've spec'd?

P.S. Mine will be exactly like this one:
I ordered Nimbus grey, silver wheels, yellow calipers, tan interior. Debated for ages on the full black pack but in the end decided much better without both from clean lines perspective and functionality. I live in Oklahoma and it will regularly get well into the 100's F (40C). I also preferred the contrast with the silver tail pipes against lower black pack, showing the perforations better. Each person will have their own opinions and none are wrong. I think this is an amazing car that will look good in any of the 6 colors or interior combos! I will not see mine until Q1 or Q2 '24!

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I ordered Nimbus grey, silver wheels, yellow calipers, tan interior. Debated for ages on the full black pack but in the end decided much better without both from clean lines perspective and functionality. I live in Oklahoma and it will regularly get well into the 100's F (40C). I also preferred the contrast with the silver tail pipes against lower black pack, showing the perforations better. Each person will have their own opinions and none are wrong. I think this is an amazing car that will look good in any of the 6 colors or interior combos! I will not see mine until Q1 or Q2 '24!

Very good taste

Attachments

• IMG_7307.jpeg
    IMG_7307.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 78

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Totally agree with this. Any vinyl shop can add black to the roof over factory paint, but you can't go the other way. I'm actually quite surprised how popular the upper black pack is so far.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Totally agree with this. Any vinyl shop can add black to the roof over factory paint, but you can't go the other way. I'm actually quite surprised how popular the upper black pack is so far.
Dark colors/clear coat tend to degrade faster after many hours of sun exposure. The roof, hood, and trunk are the areas that are affected most. Of course, if you keep your car in the garage most of the time, this will not be of concern.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you change your spec and even if you get a confirmation, check back with Lotus before your car goes into production. I had removed the black pack from my spec, had a reply to confirm this was done, yet the BP still went into production. I accepted the car anyway - otherwise I'd be in for a long wait, LCC has not charged me for the black pack - but if it's a show stopper then double check.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dark colors/clear coat tend to degrade faster after many hours of sun exposure. The roof, hood, and trunk are the areas that are affected most. Of course, if you keep your car in the garage most of the time, this will not be of concern.
Also not so much of a concern for those of us in the UK and not California! 🤣

Sadly, we are far more concerned here with the road salt used in winter ☹️

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Also not so much of a concern for those of us in the UK and not California! 🤣

Sadly, we are far more concerned here with the road salt used in winter ☹️
I know how that goes. I drove cars in Connecticut for 11 years. Some of the 70s cars could not be registered by a buyer, due to excessive frame corrosion from salted roads during Winter months. Here where I currently live, ambient temps rarely dip under 40F during Winter. Average daily temps during that season are 65-70F.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Which bugs set you apart from the emira ?

Do you know there are already a lot of customers with no problems

I suppose the gt350r is a perfect car .
Maybe I have to see the second market about this cars here

Year 2026, lotus launch the emira NBE, non-bugs edition
Unfortunately my Lotus dealer is 4+ hours from me, so if I had issues like the current ones (a/c not working, wiper speed, car stalling and having lots of warning lights, transmission stuck in gear, leaking coolant, etc) I would not be able to easily get it in to be fixed.

Non-Bugs edition sounds perfect! 😆