I do have a concern.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In 2016 I made a big mistake and purchased a Ford Focus RS sight unseen without having test-driven one.
I had to go out of state to get it and once having returned, I instantly regretted the purchase due to the extremely harsh ride quality, and that was even in the most comfortable setting.
It literally beat the crap out of me every time I drove it.
I sold the car after only eight months cuz I just couldn't handle the harsh ride.
That was a very good learning experience for me and I said to myself I would never ever buy another car sight unseen without a test drive ever again.
Well today I just broke my rule and made my deposit on the new Emira.
After watching many many evora car reviews(Emira will probably drive similarly)they all came to the a similar conclusion regarding the suspension, they said they were impressed because it was a smooth, Supple ride not harsh at all, and the car still handled very well with just a little body roll, Lotus suspension magic.
I'm asking any of you here who have experience driving both the Ford Focus RS and the Evora if you can comment on them, particularly the ride quality and suspensions.
My plan is to purchase the touring model of the Emira.
I just don't want to make another mistake.
Much appreciated.

You WILL NOT be dissappointed in the ride and hadling of the Emira, particularly if you go for the tour setup. My first pass ride in a lauch edition Evora, I couldn't believe it - pure witchcraft!

You'll be pleasantly surprised with the touring chassis and Goodyears. If the ride is still too harsh, you can always go with slightly smaller wheels and meatier tires with more sidewall.

Watch this video from Harry's Garage. There's quite a bit of time on track in an Emira where he comments about the performance and ride.

My Evoras rode better than most exec class saloons.

Evora GT suspension = Emira Sports suspension (as per the comments in this forum). Compared to a F80 BMW M3 Competition, the suspension in the Evora GT is definitely firmer, the car stays flatter around corners and it is not as harsh. Because it is firm, your body gets moved around on uneven road surfaces or roads that aren't as smooth as a typical track. Touring may be the best option for you.

Have faith - Gavan Kershaw and the team that do ride and handling at Lotus know what they're doing. I can guarantee that it will be one of the best riding and handling cars you can buy.

I've only driven a Focus RS 2018 model and on broken tarmac it was quite harsh, very firm and quite tiring on long journeys when not at 10/10ths. I've only driven an Evora S from c2010 and it was some sort of magic carpet ride compared to most sports cars. It glided over the kerbs at Hethel and even on the road was compliant yet still cornered amazingly.
As mentioned above, I've been told to try an Evora GT to gauge the closest to 'Sports' set up of the Emira and if that's too firm you know Touring is right for you.
I dont think many cars have the sport/ride comfort of a Lotus :)

Was the Evora S or 400 sold in Canada? If so, see if your dealer or a local Lotus owner can give you a ride in one. This is the closest to Emira Touring suspension. The US-spec Evora GT (GT410 in the UK) is equivalent to Emira Sports setup. You won't be disappointed with the ride in a Touring spec car.

Was the Evora S or 400 sold in Canada? If so, see if your dealer or a local Lotus owner can give you a ride in one. This is the closest to Emira Touring suspension. The US-spec Evora GT (GT410 in the UK) is equivalent to Emira Sports setup. You won't be disappointed with the ride in a Touring spec car.
Thanks for the feedback, and the reassurance.
Personally, I don't think there's many cars out there that have a rougher ride than the Ford Focus RS, it maybe champion in that department.
The amazing thing I find when reading all the reviews on Lotus cars, Evora in particular is that they always compliment how great the ride quality is with the unflappable handling abilities, and yet Lotus doesn't put active dampers in any of their cars.
Got to be Lotus Magic I guess.

Does anybody know who is supplying the springs and dampers for the Emira? Is it Eibach and Bilstein again?

Back