• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

How you do pre production test drives

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Few interesting takes from the M2 vid.
It's borderline 1700kg

Will probably be 450bhp

Joe said how much better the front end turn in was with Cup 2s (soft without)

They are using staggered wheels

The optional carbon seats are blooming marvelous #muchwant

Reviews so far have commented that manual gearbox and the ride could be better #perspective

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was considering an M2 12 months ago as a back seat was essential (for school runs) but then the Emira was released and that requirement went out of the window.... but during my bmw research I noticed that Joe Achilles worships every new bmw he is given and so I take his reviews with a pinch, sorry, a bucket load of salt....

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was considering an M2 12 months ago as a back seat was essential (for school runs) but then the Emira was released and that requirement went out of the window.... but during my bmw research I noticed that Joe Achilles worships every new bmw he is given and so I take his reviews with a pinch, sorry, a bucket load of salt....
I just posted this video as thought was interesting and possible competitor.
I've had a few beemers and the later ones were too firmly sprung and damped.
I made the mistake of buying my M2 Comp off the back of all the positive reviews and with no test drive.. It really didn't work for me where I live and sounded a bit meh. Bar the looks I don't miss it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is an interesting comparison review between the M2CS and the Evora GT. The conclusion is they are both brilliant cars and score 4/4. And both reviewers pick the Evora as the winner. Skip to 16:30 for the conclusions.

JAhmed

Reaction score
Few interesting takes from the M2 vid.
It's borderline 1700kg

Will probably be 450bhp

Joe said how much better the front end turn in was with Cup 2s (soft without)

They are using staggered wheels

The optional carbon seats are blooming marvelous #muchwant

Reviews so far have commented that manual gearbox and the ride could be better #perspective

No real surprises in those takeaways, IMO. Still cool that they're making this car before they go hybrid/EV crazy at M.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is an interesting comparison review between the M2CS and the Evora GT. The conclusion is they are both brilliant cars and score 4/4. And both reviewers pick the Evora as the winner. Skip to 16:30 for the conclusions.

Good review that one have watched a few times. Nice result as well!

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
BMWs really have piled on the pounds in recent years, a lot of power and the good M cars are very capable but how does a 2 series get so heavy!
Flip side the M3 Touring looks very appealing (if only they'd bring manual to the UK) - and weight is a little less important when you're buying an estate load lugger

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
BMWs really have piled on the pounds in recent years, a lot of power and the good M cars are very capable but how does a 2 series get so heavy!
Flip side the M3 Touring looks very appealing (if only they'd bring manual to the UK) - and weight is a little less important when you're buying an estate load lugger
I think its based on the 3 series platform now, so its basically an M3/M4 slightly shortened and with different suspension set up!