How to remove the nose badge

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The replacement badge is here to fit on the McDonald's-mobile.

Does anyone know how to remove the existing Emira front nose badge?

Attachments

• 16749215816711717814480710896519.jpg
    16749215816711717814480710896519.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20230128_155752.jpg
    20230128_155752.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 20230119_144818.jpg
    20230119_144818.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 129
I’d try gently warming with a hair dryer to soften the glue then dental floss or light fishing line to release/lift it off (assuming that the pins are just to locate and aren’t screwed or bolted from behind)…..

In one of shmeeeeee’s videos, he just peeled the back and stuck the badge on like a sticker. I am guessing you can carefully peel it off as well. Maybe apply heat if necessary???

In one of shmeeeeee’s videos, he just peeled the back and stuck the badge on like a sticker. I am guessing you can carefully peel it off as well. Maybe apply heat if necessary???
This seems to have a sticky back too so good shout

Yeah, hair dryer or heat gun CAREFULLY on low heat to loosen the glue and something tiny (preferably rounded off and plastic as not to scratch the paint) to pry off the old one.

Some dental floss or similar (after heat gun) better than prying.
Second this. I never have needed heat gun. Just use high strength fishing line and slide under to cut adhesive tape. Heat might actually make it gummy. Then use sticker remover solvent to remove adhesive tape left behind.

I'm hoping that those pegs are just placement pegs and that they don't have those circular clips on the back.

Also, I must have missed this, how does one go about ordering this black/silver badge?

I'm hoping that those pegs are just placement pegs and that they don't have those circular clips on the back.

Also, I must have missed this, how does one go about ordering this black/silver badge?
I vaguely remember a video where one of the so called VIP’s was going to put the badge on their finished car, so I would say they are push fit, no clips on the back

Covered here:

I should have taken more pictures. But I took the important one: what the nose looks like without the badge in place. Any emblem, original or ORM replacement, has an adhesive backing and two plastic pins. It's very easy to remove.

While they are tradition emblem removers, I can't see how you could get fishing line or dental floss into circular the indentation and behind the emblem. No heat gun necessary, only a small plastic pry bar. The adhesive is in one piece and scrapes off easily. I did a final clean up with acetone..

(Notice PPF and ignore water droplets, please.)

IMG_0652.jpeg

Last edited: