• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hot off the press

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they're going to do this, they'd probably be counting on being able to take advantage of the fleet average that sales of the Eletre would provide. Who knows... it's Lotus.
that makes sense

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
From the rumour mill - Emira S will be the Chinese i4’s. (400 BHP) Expect the R to be closer to 430-450 BHP.

My understanding is V6 “might” get an S version, mostly lightweight parts and modest power upgrade - 416 BHP I heard.
This feels plausible. Maybe the i4 becomes the race spec with DCT and the v6 remains the enthusiast spec with the 6 speed manual. Would also be nice to be able to upgrade the FE with any of those additions to get to the same power numbers.

Last I prefer the Union Jack! Would be better than the (1).

OP
JonFuller

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't know but they were posted to the FB group by the parts manager at B&C.
Who had aggro from Lotus today for doing so.
He messaged me this afternoon saying they showed up at B&C with the pissy itch

I suspect Gary 'found' them listed somewhere in the lotus system and ordered them just to see what happened, and the system gave em to him

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I suspect Gary 'found' them listed somewhere in the lotus system and ordered them just to see what happened, and the system gave em to him
Like it's his fault?

drjazzsk

Reaction score
If they follow any of the prior nomenclature, yes it will be a more powerful version of the Emira -- much like the Evora S was a more powerful version of the Evora.
With the Evora where was it in the product cycle? Ie how many years after launch?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If they follow any of the prior nomenclature, yes it will be a more powerful version of the Emira -- much like the Evora S was a more powerful version of the Evora.
So since I'm another six months out already I wonder if I can switch to the more powerful version. May as well given the wait.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why would Lotus issue these to a dealer, and why would they use the S from the GM SS logo (Super Sport)? If these were truly from Lotus, wouldn't they use the same font that they used for EMIRA?
View attachment 37136
Is that Emira s logo the same “s” as Eletre and emeya “s” - I think it’s the same font??

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

The fact that they have enough people on staff to go around doing in-person damage control about messaging with the poor dealers, when they don't seem to be able to employ enough people to SEND THEIR U.S. CUSTOMERS AN UPDATE EMAIL EVEN ONCE IN TWO YEARS just absolutely beggars belief.

Meanwhile, folks who ordered a Porsche are getting 10 build stages of update emails with explicit thanks for being a customer. Lotus, by comparison, seems to not care if they even have customers.

Yes, they sent a very nice "care package" recently. It's a book, a hat, and a keychain. It notably lacked anything resembling a letter, a message, or any explanation of what the care package was for or meant to represent, as a gesture. Honestly I would have preferred some kind of meaningful communication rather than a FedEx package sent blindly with no context.

BobbyG

Reaction score
The fact that they have enough people on staff to go around doing in-person damage control about messaging with the poor dealers, when they don't seem to be able to employ enough people to SEND THEIR U.S. CUSTOMERS AN UPDATE EMAIL EVEN ONCE IN TWO YEARS just absolutely beggars belief.

Meanwhile, folks who ordered a Porsche are getting 10 build stages of update emails with explicit thanks for being a customer. Lotus, by comparison, seems to not care if they even have customers.

Yes, they sent a very nice "care package" recently. It's a book, a hat, and a keychain. It notably lacked anything resembling a letter, a message, or any explanation of what the care package was for or meant to represent, as a gesture. Honestly I would have preferred some kind of meaningful communication rather than a FedEx package sent blindly with no context.
In true Lotus fashion, I’m still waiting on my “pain and suffering” consolation prize.😩

BobbyG

Reaction score

You’re right Porter.

Porsche’s Track Your Dream is light years ahead of what Lotus provides, which is absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Forget S and R, I'm fairly sure I'm in the queue for the (probably less exclusive than we'd like) F.U. spec... my latest interaction with them (after an inquiry as to when I might actually see a checkout email for my "November build" vehicle):

Thank you for contacting Lotus Customer Care.

I'm sorry that you were told November 2023. I can see you confirmed just before the 11/08 price increase, and we are estimating a Q1 2024 production for cars confirmed around then. I haven't had any further update since this so I would believe that this is still the case, and that production will be sometime this month or March. Please note that this is indeed an estimate and subject to change.
Not the service agents' fault, but christ on a cracker... I somehow keep getting mildly surprised at how piss poor things continue to be run.

You're an optimistic soul if you're thinking of punting on your current order and waiting for other editions :)

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With the Evora where was it in the product cycle? Ie how many years after launch?
The second year Evora was more powerful than the First Edition and a lot of people were pissed off. With a little luck Lotus will do it again.