• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hill Hold?

only Lotus' buggy implementation of the auto-hold is stopping me from treating it like a handbrake, because I can't turn it off with the brake switch while it's automatically holding. but I can wait the full two seconds and have it release.

the issue isn't a lack of user options to avoid rollback; I'm very confident that I won't roll back. the issue is that their imperfect implementation can cause sudden confusion and concern to a new owner while in traffic.

I still haven't been back to the dealer for a software update, but the car now seems like it might be 'learning' a bit and I have felt the hold releasing before the two seconds as I start to let out the clutch. so maybe there was a bad initialized value or two in the program that took a few driving events to wash out?
Hi, I have an automatic FE V6. Mine doesn't engage auto-hold, ever. If I don't press the brake pedal, the car will move forward, for example when in red lights. Is this normal? :unsure:

Hi, I have an automatic FE V6. Mine doesn't engage auto-hold, ever. If I don't press the brake pedal, the car will move forward, for example when in red lights. Is this normal? :unsure:
Yes - V6 automatics will creep - it's not Autohold everywhere, just hill hold that stops the car rolling backwards (mainly useful for manual cars)....

Mine doesn't engage auto-hold, ever. If I don't press the brake pedal, the car will move forward.
That's the difference between Auto-Hold and Hill-Hold. Emira has Hill-Hold equipped. Auto-Hold should have been included for the automatics however, another oversight from Lotus in my opinion.

They could still deliver all these things in a software update, but given the fact they are apparently overwhelmed with just fixing what's out already I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hill-Hold should still work for you, but not engaging or not releasing are known issues.

That's the difference between Auto-Hold and Hill-Hold. Emira has Hill-Hold equipped. Auto-Hold should have been included for the automatics however, another oversight from Lotus in my opinion.

They could still deliver all these things in a software update, but given the fact they are apparently overwhelmed with just fixing what's out already I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hill-Hold should still work for you, but not engaging or not releasing are known issues.
Good to know. So it's normal that she likes to move, and not stay still, when on traffic lights! :D

Mine still has the issue. Has its first service in a couple of weeks so it's down to be looked at again. The more annoying things is you are meant to be able to switch off hill assist in the options, which I have, but it still engages.....
Just had the first service carried out (4,000 miles, 18 months old) and all the updates failed to solve the problem :(
Will chat to the dealer but assume they are waiting for Lotus to provide an update/recall fix.