Hi there

VicVenlo

Reaction score
Just joined this forum (not a forum type but I hope it makes the wait for the Emira more enjoyable). I own an Evora S and an original 1997 Elise S1. On the waiting list for the Emira I4. In The Netherlands we are "blessed" with very high car sales tax which now is re-branded to an environment tax which makes the V6 version impossible at 149 thousand Euros (yes...). I saw a post somewhere from someone who saw the Zinc Grey new colour in the production line. I wonder if that is like the Audi Grey? In the picture I seem to notice it's lighter? I am very curious since I would love to get my Emira the same way as my Evora S (picture attached). Looking forward to read all the gossip here.

Attachments

• Evora_Spa-Classic-2019.JPG
    Evora_Spa-Classic-2019.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20161022_171407.jpeg
    IMG_20161022_171407.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 32

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello and welcome to the forum!

We know that there will be more colours in the future, but the closest currently available colour to your Evora S pictured would be Shadow Grey.

The Zinc Grey colour is a flat non-metallic paint that looks like a mid grey. There was a photo of it somewhere… will try to find it. Nowhere near the colour of your Evora though!

OP
VicVenlo

VicVenlo

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!

We know that there will be more colours in the future, but the closest currently available colour to your Evora S pictured would be Shadow Grey.

The Zinc Grey colour is a flat non-metallic paint that looks like a mid grey. There was a photo of it somewhere… will try to find it. Nowhere near the colour of your Evora though!
Hi, yes I know, but the Shadow grey I find too dark and the Nimbus grey perhaps too light. The original Emira configurator had a sort of wrong colours and I made my Shadow grey version which came out like the Audi non metallic grey, and I liked that very much. See attached picture. Later they updated it with more realistic colours and the Nimbus turned out to be too dark.

Attachments

• Mijn_Emira.jpg
    Mijn_Emira.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 43

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations on the Emira order plus a couple of nice looking cars.

If Zinc Grey is like the colour I saw at the factory in January then it's very similar to Audi's Nardo Grey.

k6ab4e1x1ds11.jpg

Lotus are due to publish the Base Edition options and pricing in September then open up the configurator for Base orders, so I'm hoping the extra colours will be publicised then.

Don't hold your breath waiting for photos of them though, as we're still waiting the official photos of the 6 First Edition colours which were promised "soon" back in October.

OP
VicVenlo

VicVenlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures! It makes it very clear what kind of colour it is. It seems to be lighter than the Audi grey. But as always...one needs to see it in the flesh! But with standard black gloss alloys, full black pack and red calipers I think I made my choice now! Plus: this solid grey lends itself to wrapping fun, right? (Like the Gulf theme).

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi, yes I know, but the Shadow grey I find too dark and the Nimbus grey perhaps too light. The original Emira configurator had a sort of wrong colours and I made my Shadow grey version which came out like the Audi non metallic grey, and I liked that very much. See attached picture. Later they updated it with more realistic colours and the Nimbus turned out to be too dark.
I don't remember seeing this grey on the configurator, but it looks good!

Rollie

Reaction score
Just joined this forum (not a forum type but I hope it makes the wait for the Emira more enjoyable). I own an Evora S and an original 1997 Elise S1. On the waiting list for the Emira I4. In The Netherlands we are "blessed" with very high car sales tax which now is re-branded to an environment tax which makes the V6 version impossible at 149 thousand Euros (yes...). I saw a post somewhere from someone who saw the Zinc Grey new colour in the production line. I wonder if that is like the Audi Grey? In the picture I seem to notice it's lighter? I am very curious since I would love to get my Emira the same way as my Evora S (picture attached). Looking forward to read all the gossip here.
Welcome from a almost Belgian neighbour( Limburg)😎

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
looks quite similar to the last Lotus grey.... my grey.....
Which my friends used to say, "when are you going to get the primer covered?"
I liked it.... but I had one eye on selling the car when I bought it and wanted a none toxic green colour which not everyone likes, and certainly not in Spain...

Attachments

• IMG_0550 2.jpg
    IMG_0550 2.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 26