• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hi from Milton Keynes

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey Everyone,

Been reading the pages and post for a while and thought I should register and say hi.

Should have my Emira in the next few weeks - Magma Red :)

Nellie

Logoman

Reaction score
Welcome Nellie,

Lotus Silverstone is going to be very convenient for you.

Snakes

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey Everyone,

Been reading the pages and post for a while and thought I should register and say hi.

Nellie
Lucky you! I really hope you have a fautless experience. Mine's about 2 years away!

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome Nellie,

Lotus Silverstone is going to be very convenient for you.
They are indeed, I went there to see the Emira on tour, will be using them for my maintenance etc

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lucky you! I really hope you have a fautless experience. Mine's about 2 years away!
I assume you are going for i4?

My experience is been average I would say, I wanted to change the wheels from gloss black to the diamond cut and did this in line with the process they gave, unfortunately they missed the wheel spec change, got everything else correct but I am happy with either wheel selection so stuck with it so I could get the car.

The biggest complaint is the customer service communication, you go months and months without updates, I have had 5 production dates until this one was confirmed with checkout. On the plus side I get a '23 car :)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum Nellie. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with your new Emira!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the imminent arrival. Matt and Aimee at Silverstone are great advocates for Lotus ownership.

Have you had a Lotus before? What’s been your car history and why did you pick the Emira?

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome! I grew up in Milton Keynes so know it well. I don’t think all of us have had the best experience but hopefully the car makes up for it

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Nellie

Welcome to the forum! Glad you signed up and look forward to seeing pics of your Magma Emira.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Nellie,
I am in MK on a regular basis. It might be cool to go for a twin Magmas in the wild photo once you get yours.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Nellie 🍻 Please post some photos when you take delivery!

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum @Nellie 🍻 Please post some photos when you take delivery!
Will do, so excited now its been such a wait that I almost gave up on a couple of times through frustration!

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Nellie,
I am in MK on a regular basis. It might be cool to go for a twin Magmas in the wild photo once you get yours.
Would be up for that :)

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome! I grew up in Milton Keynes so know it well. I don’t think all of us have had the best experience but hopefully the car makes up for it
Hoping so, although as an existing Esprit owner I am used the poor customer experience of dealing with Lotus, I think it just adds to how unique a bunch we are as owners that put up with it.

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the imminent arrival. Matt and Aimee at Silverstone are great advocates for Lotus ownership.

Have you had a Lotus before? What’s been your car history and why did you pick the Emira?
Hi TomE,

My car history is varied, all sorts of hot hatches and Jag's as well as racing Motorbikes, I am a long suffering Lotus owner as I own a Ruby Red 1999 V8 Esprit (Hence the Magma Red Emira) which I have had for 15 years and was desperately holding on for a new Esprit model as I was not a fan of the Elise/Exige/Evora range.

Had a test drive in a GT4 and all set on going to get a GT4 but when I saw the Emira I decided that was the one for me, looks as good as the Esprit and looked real world useable.

I am buying mine as a daily driver so it will be used in all weathers and seasons, not to be a garage queen

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Excellent, would love to see some pics of the Esprit.

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Excellent, would love to see some pics of the Esprit.
This is my V8, I have had it off the road for a couple of years to keep the mileage down :(

Attachments

• Esprit out for a play II.jpg
    Esprit out for a play II.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Esprit out for a play.jpg
    Esprit out for a play.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 55