Hethel Yellow First Edition is mine now!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great pictures and excellent to read your thoughts about the car. Looks like an awesome trip on brilliant roads through some fantastic scenery.

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And here some fotos of the Penser Joch:

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

And some drone shots still to come, my friend sat in the car and followed my Emira up the mountain pass, should be some epic views. :cool:

And by the way, Emira in Hethel yellow is the star of the show. We had so many different cars there all with color, but Emira was the one that got most of the attraction. Someone called it "das Einhorn / unicorn".

Lotus may be relatively widespread in UK, but here in mainland-Europe it's still a rare sight. It's unreal.

Last edited:

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just came back from my trip to South-Tyrol. Wow, what an experience with this car. I love it! :love:

But first things first. On Friday I had a short stop at Sportivo Leipzig in order get the things done like A-pillar trim and software updates. They are doing a great job, I could stand next to them doing their work and talk to them. They have already some experience with the Emira as I am already late to the party doing this recall. Although the following foto seems to tell a different story... :sneaky:

View attachment 31849

View attachment 31850

As planned I could start the journey to the Dolomites, with a friend of mine and his Audi TT RS.
At The Hotel Leitner the cars already had gathered, because we did a complete package with Chef as the tour-guide. He knows best where to go there and we as the drivers can concentrate on driving.

Some nice cars on the parking lot of the Hotel.

View attachment 31852

Some impressions of the tour:

View attachment 31853

View attachment 31854

View attachment 31855

View attachment 31856

View attachment 31857

Emira handled all beautifully, composure of the chassis is sublime. These roads are perfect, especially Mendel-Pass was a joy. Some very positive observations are that the gearbox is such a joy to use. I didn't miss a single shift. You can really use first gear in those tight sections and the then the rear steps out when you hit the throttle. But it feels so natural and not intimidating, of course you somehow need to know what you're doing.

Second gear has already so much grip that the rear won't step out, at least on the road.

Seats are very comfy and to my surprise were up to the task, if you're really on it there is enough support for me (Alcantara).

The engine sound / Exhaust sound gets better and better. I now have already 6.000 km with it and it screams through the tunnels! :love:

Power is good, but to keep up with the BMWs who have so much torque down low you really have to wring it out and sometimes use first gear.

Overall experience is so great. Also my friend was with me one day as passenger and he said it's Mega!
Sounds great. I have now driven 500km. Can you explain how the sound is increasing? Does it get much louder or deeper?

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds great. I have now driven 500km. Can you explain how the sound is increasing? Does it get much louder or deeper?

Here is a taste what you get, both windows fully opened and in track mode:

YouTube Emira video to follow

It gets much more vocal. It's howling growling and barking, a true great sounding V6. It's a big part of the sex-appeal.

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I requested as well. Great trip recap, thanks for taking the time to share with us!

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It says your Instagram account is private?
Sorry, did not think about it, it‘s my friend‘s account. Will tell him that there may come some requests in the next hours… 🤪

Edit: He seems to be very anal about his instagram account, so my apologies. Soon I hope, there will be a video take of my Emira on YouTube available, I keep you informed... :censored:

Last edited:
OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here is a video take, so you get an impression how Emira sounds like on the road irl.

From 5:30 min. onwards behind the GT3 is the take I already wanted to show you.

And for the drone shots of my Emira you have to watch this one, it starts at 18:54 min.:

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just found some old footage on youtube from my Speedster Turbo driving on some tracks nearby Berlin :

Maybe I'll revive this channel someday when my little kids let me do this kind of stuff again... :giggle:

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exhaust of my Emira has opened up a bit over the last 2500km, I‘m enjoying it Even more now. 😊

Hibernation for my Speedster, last photos of the season.

IMG_0225.jpeg

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Today's the first day I can drive the Emira and I used lunch time making a short inspection run.

Of course, during winter months Emira is connected to a battery tender. Engine started faultlessly, no problems here.

Smiles per miles, I can tell. It's just so satisfying to drive, parked in the garage and you get out the car with a grin. Priceless. :)

And then I met a 992 GT3 RS, what a monster. This wing, such a presence. 3x the price. We drove past each other and I took some photos. He must live in my hometown. Rare sight, but he also has a season plate (03-10), so he was on the same mission today. :giggle:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg