• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Help! Battery complete emty?

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi,
it seems that my battery gets completely empty within 2 days (we have - degrees right now).
There is no blinking light inside the Emira and both remotes are not woeking.
Any ideas what to do now and how I can start the engine?

Thanks

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You would need a battery charger to get it up and running again, and possibly change a new battery if the current one is damaged by the deep drain.

OP
Robbierob

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I have a battery starting aid here. But how to open the door and the trunk? With the emergency key? Will the alarm system start? Thanks

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Pg. 55 to get in with blade key and turn off alarm
Pg. 51 emergency tailgate release handle

Last edited:
OP
Robbierob

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks…The question is, if alarm starts when the battery is complete empty? I will not try it at 11pm😂

Turning off alarm is put the key in the holder and press the start engine button? Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but its the first time for doing that…

Will the Emira lost any settings when a battery is complety empty or will be exchanged? Is any configuration later on needed?

Thanks

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks…The question is, if alarm starts when the battery is complete empty? I will not try it at 11pm😂

Turning off alarm is put the key in the holder and press the start engine button? Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but its the first time for doing that…

Will the Emira lost any settings when a battery is complety empty or will be exchanged? Is any configuration later on needed?

Thanks
It's going to depend on how empty the battery is.

If not enough power to open the door it may or may not have enough power for the alarm.

Suggest you wait until 6am Sunday morning to try 😈

OP
Robbierob

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's going to depend on how empty the battery is.

If not enough power to open the door it may or may not have enough power for the alarm.

Suggest you wait until 6am Sunday morning to try 😈
😂😂😂

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's not correct. The Alarm has an internal battery and disconnecting the "main" battery with the alarm armed will trigger it. The battery might be "dead" but still has enough voltage not to trip the alarm. Opening the door will also trip the alarm. Placing the keyfob into the holder and pressing the Start button should disable the alarm if the car has enough juice to detect the keyfob.
Would not recommend doing the at night :LOL:

OP
Robbierob

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's not correct. The Alarm has an internal battery and disconnecting the "main" battery with the alarm armed will trigger it. The battery might be "dead" but still has enough voltage not to trip the alarm. Opening the door will also trip the alarm. Placing the keyfob into the holder and pressing the Start button should disable the alarm if the car has enough juice to detect the keyfob.
Would not recommend doing the at night :LOL:
Hi, just could restart the car by opening the door and the trunk manually. No alarm starts…. After connecting the starting aid to the battery all systems came up and alarm starts. After pressing the remote alarm turned off and I could start the car normally. Drove 45 minutes afterwards and will have a look if this issue came up again…Thanks for your help.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi, just could restart the car by opening the door and the trunk manually. No alarm starts…. After connecting the starting aid to the battery all systems came up and alarm starts. After pressing the remote alarm turned off and I could start the car normally. Drove 45 minutes afterwards and will have a look if this issue came up again…Thanks for your help.
I guess it’s a very slow but constant drain then.. is your ac working as intended? We have reports of cars where the fan wouldn't shut down fully, draining the battery.

OP
Robbierob

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It was the first time within 4 month that this happen. Will have a look the next days. I have a problem with the air condition, that the fans in total are not working. Did not recognized that the fans are running after power off the engine. Otherwise no changes…

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It was the first time within 4 month that this happen. Will have a look the next days. I have a problem with the air condition, that the fans in total are not working. Did not recognized that the fans are running after power off the engine. Otherwise no changes…
Okay so you probably have water ingress in the resistor box, that will stop the fans from turning on. The water could have created a different electrical fault resulting in a slow drain.

OP
Robbierob

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Went already to Lotus for some exchange parts. Hope they will come soon…