Hello from Ontario, Canada

Neily

Reaction score
I have had my GT3 for 15 years, my Seven for 33, my 944T for 36 and my 240Z for 44. (yes, I am old!) Looking forward to adding an Emira, whenever I get my, deposit secured, place in line, to order one! Position 70 in Canada as I understand.
Screenshot 2016-07-09 00.11.48.png
2004-06-REB-CAC0037-001.JPG

Rebel0276 copy_1_6_1.jpg

IMG_7343-001.JPG

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great photos, congrats on the order and welcome to the forum!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OP
Neily

Neily

Reaction score
I built my Seven (Caterham 1700 Super Sprint) in my basement garage in 1990, and have enjoyed it thoroughly ever since! Targa Newfoundland twice!!! "Finished" in 2004 and Second in Class in 2007, plus many Solo 1, Solo 2, track days and Lotus Club tours.

Closest and chosen Lotus dealer to me is Peninsula in Oakville.
Tony there seems "hopeful" that I will be able to place an actual order in Feb. 2024, six months after putting down a deposit Aug 31, 2023......... LOL

I am replacing my 997 GT3. I have now had it for 15 great years! It is not actually leaving my possession, as one of my sons is going to take it over, sorta on permanent loan. It will be up to them to sort that out. They say that “estate family cottages” can upset a family, we will see how this asset distribution goes.....

Looking at the Emira option sheet, I think I will choose, if and when that option becomes available, green on tan leather, supercharged V6, six-speed, LSD, black wheels, yellow calipers (like my 911's but too bad no ceramic option for this Lotus), leather steering wheel and ……….. touring suspension. I am getting “older” as you might expect!

Thanks for asking again!

Are you in the Lotus Club of Canada?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I built my Seven (Caterham 1700 Super Sprint) in my basement garage in 1990, and have enjoyed it thoroughly ever since! Targa Newfoundland twice!!! "Finished" in 2004 and Second in Class in 2007, plus many Solo 1, Solo 2, track days and Lotus Club tours.

Closest and chosen Lotus dealer to me is Peninsula in Oakville.
Tony there seems "hopeful" that I will be able to place an actual order in Feb. 2024, six months after putting down a deposit Aug 31, 2023......... LOL

I am replacing my 997 GT3. I have now had it for 15 great years! It is not actually leaving my possession, as one of my sons is going to take it over, sorta on permanent loan. It will be up to them to sort that out. They say that “estate family cottages” can upset a family, we will see how this asset distribution goes.....

Looking at the Emira option sheet, I think I will choose, if and when that option becomes available, green on tan leather, supercharged V6, six-speed, LSD, black wheels, yellow calipers (like my 911's but too bad no ceramic option for this Lotus), leather steering wheel and ……….. touring suspension. I am getting “older” as you might expect!

Thanks for asking again!

Are you in the Lotus Club of Canada?
I didn't even know there was a Lotus club of Canada? - I may look into this. I am looking forward to Lotus meetups in the future for sure!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Really? I thought there were at least 50 deposits at each dealer in Canada.
I think he meant dealer. But it should be quicker I would think - from the amount of extra allocations that came through for 2024 due to the i4 delays in UK/EU. I think dealers in Canada got allocated around 50 cars each for 2024. Which is a lot more than they originally expected.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think he meant dealer. But it should be quicker I would think - from the amount of extra allocations that came through for 2024 due to the i4 delays in UK/EU. I think dealers in Canada got allocated around 50 cars each for 2024. Which is a lot more than they originally expected.
Gentry in Toronto would be 1st or 2nd depending on Vancouver for allocations. I know at one point they had over 200 deposits from what I heard but that was before they got to place any orders so I’m not sure where it sits now. I think most FE 1 depositors took theirs, seems like farther down the line at all dealers a lot of depositors are passing or delaying but not sure if that’s 10% or 50%. Not up to date but a year ago I was told they should get 6 cars a month once they start finally rolling in so that would be more like 72. Despite all the deposits they only got about a dozen FE1 allocations and then maybe 15 FE2 up to the point I got my order in September - but sounds like everything now is FE2 for the time being and perhaps it’s 5/6 a month?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gentry in Toronto would be 1st or 2nd depending on Vancouver for allocations. I know at one point they had over 200 deposits from what I heard but that was before they got to place any orders so I’m not sure where it sits now. I think most FE 1 depositors took theirs, seems like farther down the line at all dealers a lot of depositors are passing or delaying but not sure if that’s 10% or 50%. Not up to date but a year ago I was told they should get 6 cars a month once they start finally rolling in so that would be more like 72. Despite all the deposits they only got about a dozen FE1 allocations and then maybe 15 FE2 up to the point I got my order in September - but sounds like everything now is FE2 for the time being and perhaps it’s 5/6 a month?
makes sense Gentry and Van City would be receiving more allocations. My guess is the V2 F/E allocations will be closer to 50 for Gentry then, I don't see them delivering any base units in 2024, at least to N/A market.