Hello All

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi, a pre launch deposit holder here, going for the AMG base model, so a longer wait than most.
Lets hope the Emira delivers what it should

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! I assume, like the other i4 deposit holders, that you've had very little info on the AMG version or contact so far from Lotus?

Can we assume from you user name that you're driving a nice Elan while you wait, or one of the other TC applications? Would be great to see pictures.

OP
Twin Cam

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome! I assume, like the other i4 deposit holders, that you've had very little info on the AMG version or contact so far from Lotus?

Can we assume from you user name that you're driving a nice Elan while you wait, or one of the other TC applications? Would be great to see pictures.
Thanks for the welcome. No Elan I’m afraid, but my first Lotus was a Cortina.
You are right, only factory contact was to find out what model I wanted, which is fine with me.
I have gone with the base model as I am from the less is more school of thought, also, I am quite happy with the quoted 360 BHP. Fingers crossed that they can keep the £60k price tag with all that is going on regarding costs.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There aren't many who can claim a Lotus Cortina as their first Lotus. Very cool cars. Saw them racing at Brands Hatch a few times. Love this picture of Jim Clark racing one at Goodwood:

british-racing-driver-jim-clark-driving-a-ford-lotus-news-photo-1640275729.jpg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the fun.. Looking forward to reviews soon. The AMG turbo I4 should be a blast!