• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

head lights with condensation

Jjrho

Reaction score
just got the car in so. calif... i noticed that both head lights have water condensation in side... i have not washed the car yet..i did drive some 50 miles since getting the car...on dry cooler weather... has anyone else gotten this and where do we plug the outside so..... lmk, James R

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Both my headlights do this this from time to time also, but doesn't seem to cause any long term trouble. I've been told by other owners that this is another "they all do that" problem. Sorry, not a very satisfying answer, but hopefully no need to panic.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also spotted this after I washed it the other week. I've had other cars do the same and with the same "they all do that" response from the dealership to I won't bother mentioning it.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Both my headlights do this this from time to time also, but doesn't seem to cause any long term trouble. I've been told by other owners that this is another "they all do that" problem. Sorry, not a very satisfying answer, but hopefully no need to panic.
Mine also does it, idk why some car models do and some don’t but also the 718 I had did it but at the rear lights.

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OHB p231.png

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
LOL - looks like they got their "they all do that" etched into the manual then :)

OP
J

Jjrho

Reaction score
Ah... tnx for the reply.... weird cause I drove in sunny so calif after noon n still got condensation.... hope it doesn't get weird haze etc over the years.... it's obviously not a "sealed" beam head light.... another lotus "character ".....?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine does it also from time to time, did not bother asking the dealer.

I was used to it on my previous DB9, maybe it´s not Lotus specific, but British characteristic! 🤣

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone tried adjusting their headlight height? Mine hits the ground about 100-150' out and I want to raise it a bit and add another 50-100'

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I get it as well and will ask the dealer when I speak to them tomorrow because I don't think that can be right

OP
J

Jjrho

Reaction score
Anyone tried adjusting their headlight height? Mine hits the ground about 100-150' out and I want to raise it a bit and add another 50-100'
isn't that high beam distance ? lol