• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Head Light On dash light always ON ?

Jjrho

Reaction score
hi, just got my emira.... i noticed that the Green Light ON light on dash is ALWAYS ON , regardless of whether the headlight or parking light is ON or OFF....is that normal ? if so, what is the utility of this light? does it go blink or out if some bulb is out ?!? it doesn't bother me much but....i 'd like to know if there is a function to this dash light....

james R
hethel yellow

so. california

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
hi, just got my emira.... i noticed that the Green Light ON light on dash is ALWAYS ON , regardless of whether the headlight or parking light is ON or OFF....is that normal ? if so, what is the utility of this light? does it go blink or out if some bulb is out ?!? it doesn't bother me much but....i 'd like to know if there is a function to this dash light....

james R
hethel yellow

so. california
I believe it’s when headlights are set to auto.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_4925.png

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The way I read the manual the DRL cannot be turned off unfortunately . I wish they could.

OP
J

Jjrho

Reaction score
well, i was referring to the green head light SYMBOL on the dash board....it's ON regardless of whether my headlights are ON or OFF or on auto, ...it seems like the light is ON when the ignition is on...i mean, it serves no purpose.....it does NOT tell me whether the head light is ON or off...it's ALWAYS on , regardless of head light condition....
may be im looking at a wrong green sign but to me, it looks like a head light indicator....

james R

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
well, i was referring to the green head light SYMBOL on the dash board....it's ON regardless of whether my headlights are ON or OFF or on auto, ...it seems like the light is ON when the ignition is on...i mean, it serves no purpose.....it does NOT tell me whether the head light is ON or off...it's ALWAYS on , regardless of head light condition....
may be im looking at a wrong green sign but to me, it looks like a head light indicator....

james R
That’s not the headlight symbol. It’s always on indicating your DRLs are on. Doesn’t appear to be a way to deactivate the DRLs. At least the DRLs aren’t horrible looking.

111s

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car does the same, only ever shows DRL rather than low beams or auto despite the position of the stalk. Pretty sure all of the Emiras I have driven are the same, so some form of software issue.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, all cars like that. No, I don’t think that’s how it should be, but that’s the least of my concerns. The lights work and no one got a puddle of water in them yet - that’s a win everybody 😂

OP
J

Jjrho

Reaction score
Yes, all cars like that. No, I don’t think that’s how it should be, but that’s the least of my concerns. The lights work and no one got a puddle of water in them yet - that’s a win everybody 😂

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It isn't just an Emira thing, my Volvo XC60 (which of course is also Geely) works in the same way.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It isn't just an Emira thing, my Volvo XC60 (which of course is also Geely) works in the same way.
Pretty sure my rental XC showed low beams as active when active in auto mode