Has the waiting list pretty much evaporated?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s more than that, I’m just salty at people waiting a few weeks and going to get their cars before us… just absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, that really sucks too. Even more so that they're now like "hey, we're gonna offer another round of First Editions to make yours even less special/limited AND they're going to have more colors to choose from AND you'll all get your cars around the same time." 😡

I'm just waiting for the "So yeah, we had to lower the redline to 5500 for North America."

In all seriousness, how has the manual transmission steering wheel "supplier issue" not been resolved yet after all this time? And why aren't we getting blind spot mirrors at least? 😒

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, that really sucks too. Even more so that they're now like "hey, we're gonna offer another round of First Editions to make yours even less special/limited AND they're going to have more colors to choose from AND you'll all get your cars around the same time." 😡

I'm just waiting for the "So yeah, we had to lower the redline to 5500 for North America."

In all seriousness, how has the manual transmission steering wheel "supplier issue" not been resolved yet after all this time? And why aren't we getting blind spot mirrors at least? 😒

You know the deal now, horribly mis managed company that has put its money into to many things and cannot focus on tasks at hand. Im not a smart man, but I do have a business degree.

They are sinking their money into other markets and blowing off the USA. They have the funding to just blow us off like they have.

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They are sinking their money into other markets and blowing off the USA. They have the funding to just blow us off like they have.
Same thing is happening in Japan which was the largest market of Lotus in Elise era, but they never let even test drive yet.

So, I changed my mind to think this situation as “Lotus is working hard to preparing, shooting issues, and getting quality up for us”.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They're busy ramping up anything related to selling EVs in China.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

FE was never really "special" it's just the first cars fully loaded with a slight discount for ticking all the options. In addition, if you were part of the first FE deposit group, you're supposedly locked into original pricing. The second wave of FE owners will be ponying up over $10k more for their cars. So there's that!

Also, I've been away from the forums for a few months and it's been refreshing. I know we all want our toys last year, but it is what it is. Complaining in an echo chamber doesn't fix anything, unfortunately. I'm sure it'll be great when you finally get the car. I'm already planning my mods. Lots of aftermarket goodies popping up!

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seems to be a huge amount of people on face book groups that have only recently put deposits down, some as recent as a few weeks ago, and are being asked to lock their spec in for build in the next few months. So there's no real waiting list for a v6 fe now it appears.
I put my deposit down 5 weeks ago.

Had my 'it's time to configure 3 days ago'.

That's confusing to say the least when I was told a minimum wait of 18 months...

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

That's confusing to say the least when I was told a minimum wait of 18 months...
Configuration happens about 6-8 months before checkout I believe but could have changed

AndySXV

Reaction score

My deposit was end of Feb and same config email, I was told at least 1 year for the Auto which is what I have ordered (again!)

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My deposit was end of Feb and same config email, I was told at least 1 year for the Auto which is what I have ordered (again!)

So what does it mean? The email gives zero indication as to how it affects the waiting time.

I left the deposit late because I'm not ready for it yet - but it would be interesting to see if I ignore this email how soon I would get another one asking me to configure again.

There's lots of BS and negativity (I've seen a post on the FB group this morning saying nobody wants an Emira - which is just total nonsense).

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Configuration happens about 6-8 months before checkout I believe but could have changed

Ok - still odd - that means 12-14 months has been slashed off my waiting time.

Why would that happen?

I don't believe there has been a mass exodus for a minute.

Also a little frustrating, is the very short window you get given to configure - I wanted to go and have another look to confirm the colour, but now I don't have time to do that before the configuration date passes.

Last edited:

AndySXV

Reaction score
So what does it mean? The email gives zero indication as to how it affects the waiting time.

I left the deposit late because I'm not ready for it yet - but it would be interesting to see if I ignore this email how soon I would get another one asking me to configure again.

There's lots of BS and negativity (I've seen a post on the FB group this morning saying nobody wants an Emira - which is just total nonsense).
All it means is you have confirmed your config, nothing else. you can still change it but that could cause a delay, the delivery date is still based on when you placed your deposit and confirmed config - its still 1st come 1st served. AND you can still cancell right up to the point of check out. wait times maybe reduced as they switch from building cars for the US back to rest of world.

There is sooo much hate on the forums, I honestly think a lot of these folk don't even have an order in place. I called one guy out on it, he's got and Esprit, no Emira order at all, and all he does is slag the Emira off - his last comment was "the car is just chinese tupperware!"

The comment about people not wanting them is rubbish - I do, so much so I have just bought a manual v6FE in Red this morning while I wait for my Auto to be built.

AndySXV

Reaction score
Ok - still odd - that means 12-14 months has been slashed off my waiting time.

Why would that happen?

I don't believe there has been a mass exodus for a minute.

Also a little frustrating, is the very short window you get given to configure - I wanted to go and have another look to confirm the colour, but now I don't have time to do that before the configuration date passes.
there are a few cancellations, but from what I understand, Lotus have a lot more capacity, 2nd shift is up and running and all the production for USA is on hold, so they can focus on UK and R.O.W

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
All it means is you have confirmed your config, nothing else. you can still change it but that could cause a delay, the delivery date is still based on when you placed your deposit and confirmed config - its still 1st come 1st served. AND you can still cancell right up to the point of check out. wait times maybe reduced as they switch from building cars for the US back to rest of world.

There is sooo much hate on the forums, I honestly think a lot of these folk don't even have an order in place. I called one guy out on it, he's got and Esprit, no Emira order at all, and all he does is slag the Emira off - his last comment was "the car is just chinese tupperware!"

The comment about people not wanting them is rubbish - I do, so much so I have just bought a manual v6FE in Red this morning while I wait for my Auto to be built.
Agreed - you'd expect people on a forum (the FB one I've followed seems very odd) to be 'appreciators' at least, otherwise why are they here?

It would take a lot for me to not want one - my arms would have to fall off - and even then I'm not sure I would cancel 😂

And I'm buying it to keep (forever-ish) - not to flip.

And 'Mr Tupperware' has a funny smell - it's possibly the smell of jealousy...

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed - you'd expect people on a forum (the FB one I've followed seems very odd) to be 'appreciators' at least, otherwise why are they here?

It would take a lot for me to not want one - my arms would have to fall off - and even then I'm not sure I would cancel 😂

I think the FB post was just in response to a flipper offering his at 112k EUR. People waiting patiently for cars always react negatively to flippers.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus offering a lot of cancelled cars to non deposit holders is probably killing the long wait and definitely killing the flippers dream of making a few quid as it’s keeping the demand down for now.

Clever really 😊

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Absolutely no fault of your own but you can imagine how bat shit this drives people that have had a near 2year roller coaster of being promised cars, over and over

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus offering a lot of cancelled cars to non deposit holders is probably killing the long wait and definitely killing the flippers dream of making a few quid as it’s keeping the demand down for now.

Clever really 😊
I'm not sure there are that many cancellations to be fair. Well, certainly not enough to flood the market and reduce demand in any way anybody would notice.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Absolutely no fault of your own but you can imagine how bat shit this drives people that have had a near 2year roller coaster of being promised cars, over and over
I think there are assumptions being made.

I still imagine I have a long wait - and maybe it's simply that Lotus are trying to forward plan.

The earlier they know what people are going to want, the smoother the process.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I still imagine I have a long wait - and maybe it's simply that Lotus are trying to forward plan.

The earlier they know what people are going to want, the smoother the process.
For the record, I have had a deposit for 1-1.5 years and have still not submitted a final configuration!

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I used to be an “appreciator” it’s constantly having the piss took out of you that turns you in the end. Some people can live with it and some can’t, each to their own and good luck to all