Has the waiting list pretty much evaporated?

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does seem the wait between 1st deposit and confirming spec is reducing rapidly. I placed my first depisit Sept 2021 and only asked to lock in my spec earlier this month with a June 2023 build.

However, while there may seem limited options for the FE, in total the number of different combinations is considerable, even just for the V6:

2 suspension choices
2 transmissions
6 paint colours
2 black pack options
2 tyre choices
3 wheel options
4 caliper colour options
7 interior trim options
2 steering wheel options
2 options for homelink
2 options for tracker
2 options for privacy glass

Total no combinations = 129,024

So given the number of drop outs Lotus are probably struggling to find buyers for cars with the specific options that are locked into their current build planner. This would explain why recent first depositors may be fast tracked to the front of the queue if their choices match those of cancelled orders.
if you are in the UK, this really has no bearing on USA experience. We wont see a build slot here unless you were one of those people ordering it august when it was hardly announced.
I wish there was a UK and a USA forum split. There is no one getting these cars who ordered them in say December 2021, anytime soon in the USA. Possibly in 2024. POSSIBLY lol.

I ordered mine in February 2022. I will not see anything until 2024, and my best guess near the end of 2024, it does seem.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was first on the list at a very large dealer but was building a house and pushed myself back to get last FE allocation. When I did it I expected the car to arrive before the house was complete. Well I will be waiting and won’t see it to 2024 Same as my Z06. But for those in the USA that think the Emira will not sell and sit on lots is wrong. Porsche is increasing their MSRP on all products 10% if not higher for 2024. EV’s taking priority and manual transmissions are going to be toast in the next 3 to 5 years. The cars we all enjoyed are going to be in smaller numbers with demand being higher than available products especially If you’re not wanting a hybrid of EV sports car.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was first on the list at a very large dealer but was building a house and pushed myself back to get last FE allocation. When I did it I expected the car to arrive before the house was complete. Well I will be waiting and won’t see it to 2024 Same as my Z06. But for those in the USA that think the Emira will not sell and sit on lots is wrong. Porsche is increasing their MSRP on all products 10% if not higher for 2024. EV’s taking priority and manual transmissions are going to be toast in the next 3 to 5 years. The cars we all enjoyed are going to be in smaller numbers with demand being higher than available products especially If you’re not wanting a hybrid of EV sports car.

I wouldn't want to be in the business of making engines and gearboxes right now - that's for sure.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a magic clean fuel turned up that would allow the ICE cars, and their gearboxes to remain.

The Politicians do have a habit of making up rules for things they don't understand.

A modern diesel throws out cleaner air than went in - but in the UK at least, that's kept hush hush and they have become the work of the devil.

And if hydrogen becomes the fuel of choice, then the manual gearbox might just make a return to power.

But while all that's happening, I'll be in my manual Emira, when it turns up...

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does seem the wait between 1st deposit and confirming spec is reducing rapidly. I placed my first depisit Sept 2021 and only asked to lock in my spec earlier this month with a June 2023 build.

However, while there may seem limited options for the FE, in total the number of different combinations is considerable, even just for the V6:

2 suspension choices
2 transmissions
6 paint colours
2 black pack options
2 tyre choices
3 wheel options
4 caliper colour options
7 interior trim options
2 steering wheel options
2 options for homelink
2 options for tracker
2 options for privacy glass

Total no combinations = 129,024

So given the number of drop outs Lotus are probably struggling to find buyers for cars with the specific options that are locked into their current build planner. This would explain why recent first depositors may be fast tracked to the front of the queue if their choices match those of cancelled orders.

Out of curiosity - how long after locking in your spec (which I understand from last weeks email, can still be unlocked, but may incur a build delay) were you informed of your build date?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be in the business of making engines and gearboxes right now - that's for sure.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a magic clean fuel turned up that would allow the ICE cars, and their gearboxes to remain.

The Politicians do have a habit of making up rules for things they don't understand.

A modern diesel throws out cleaner air than went in - but in the UK at least, that's kept hush hush and they have become the work of the devil.

And if hydrogen becomes the fuel of choice, then the manual gearbox might just make a return to power.

As you correctly say, still a lot of uncertainty on the way forward for motive power in personal mobility. If you've not already seen it, this is a fascinating video that Harry Metcalfe shot at JCB with Lord Bamford, talking about their new hydrogen engine tech.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I was so against EV’s that all my friends said I would be the last adopter of a hybrid or an EV. Well in 2021 I sold my 2020 X3 M competition and needed a replacement but could not find a ICE SUV. I ended up leasing a 2021 Etron Prestige because the GM at Audi store gave me an offer I could not refuse. I was skeptical but in the end I love it for a daily driver & never go more than 180 miles in a day. I only juice up at home & never had to juice at any station in two years of ownership.. The Lease was up this coming April & I Traded it in for a Etron GT, I love that even more it’s fast and handles well but it weighs 5900 Pounds opposite of Lotus.. i still need a mid engine sports car in my garage with a traditional motor. Lol, Go figure I was the first to jump in out of all my friends but one who drives a Tesla since the start.
CDD8CEB4-63EE-4E2A-A988-3BBCB46F1746.jpeg
D10A30F1-F489-4074-81F0-3DC4A42A6F4A.jpeg
3844125B-7210-471A-B199-A376D933ABC5.png

Last edited:

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Hah, wishful thinking, my friend. Hydrogen is incredibly inefficient compared to electric and hydrogen cells are even more efficient than ICE, anyway. Diesel is only made clean with dollar bills to politicians. We'll much sooner have breakthrough battery discoveries than gas (that's already happening).

Agree with your first and last sentence though!

SteveB

Reaction score
Out of curiosity - how long after locking in your spec (which I understand from last weeks email, can still be unlocked, but may incur a build delay) were you informed of your build date?
I was told the (estimated) build month in the same email that informed me of the requirement to lock in my build spec. I believe that last year there was a requirement to lock in specifications around 6 months before the build date. This time interval has now reduced to 3 months.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was told the (estimated) build month in the same email that informed me of the requirement to lock in my build spec. I believe that last year there was a requirement to lock in specifications around 6 months before the build date. This time interval has now reduced to 3 months.
I'll re-read mine - don't think it mentioned any such thing!

Barriejames

Reaction score
did you manage to bag a cancelled order ? so your wait time has been 4 weeks ? Whoosh 💨 👏 and at curent price rather than price rise price
I waited 3 days from deposit to delivery to my local dealer must be a record

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Was at a Ferrari event and a new Z06 pulled up and did not look good compared to all the Italian cars. Think the Emira would have looked nice in the line up unless parked next to this Bugatti. WTF look at the yellow car, looks dangerous.

Attachments

• IMG_5175.jpeg
    IMG_5175.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_5174.jpeg
    IMG_5174.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5192.jpeg
    IMG_5192.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 154

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was at a Ferrari event and a new Z06 pulled up and did not look good compared to all the Italian cars. Think the Emira would have looked nice in the line up unless parked next to this Bugatti. WTF look at the yellow car, looks dangerous.
Interesting Bugatti. Odd-looking bike rack on the yellow Frankenstein car.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting Bugatti. Odd-looking bike rack on the yellow Frankenstein car.
That is a wing it also had a hood scoop. Surprised it can drive without falling off. Fast and the Furious. In his case slow.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.png
    IMG_1171.png
    741.5 KB · Views: 57