• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had visions of part-built cars resting up somewhere waiting to the remaining bits to arrive so they could be finished… is that actually what’s happened or was that a myth?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well Harry’s done well… up to 191 built with Harry at 333 move the lad up the ladder; he has nothing else to drive in his “garage”
And I was told by LCS that I was number 54, on Wednesday, so looks like I have been down graded somewhat.

spice

Reaction score
I had visions of part-built cars resting up somewhere waiting to the remaining bits to arrive so they could be finished… is that actually what’s happened or was that a myth?
May as well have a cardboard box at the end with Lucky Dip written on it 😂

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I was told on Wednesday I was number 54. Which, obviously, in Lotus calculations comes after the number 333 of Harry's car.🤔
333 must include type approval models, cars for crash testing, mules and international cars and demos.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I love this reply from Harry in the comments...

Cable operated gear-change mechanisms always take time to loosen up, trouble is they continue to loosen and need further adjustment to bring them back again. As for understeer with Tour spec, I get annoyed at journos saying this sort of stuff as the chassis on the Emira is fully adjustable and it you want a more neutral/oversteer, setup just dial it in as you want it. That's a beauty of a Lotus chassis, it's fully adjustable.

I wonder how Jethro will take that ;)

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I was told on Wednesday I was number 54. Which, obviously, in Lotus calculations comes after the number 333 of Harry's car.🤔
But do you believe that? Every time I’ve asked LCC where I am in the sequence they’ve refused to say, and that goes back many months and before I got the extra delay. They’ve said they don’t give out that info. I found my sequence number out through other contacts.

kenniGT

Reaction score

Cable operated gear-change mechanisms always take time to loosen up, trouble is they continue to loosen and need further adjustment to bring them back again. As for understeer with Tour spec, I get annoyed at journos saying this sort of stuff as the chassis on the Emira is fully adjustable and it you want a more neutral/oversteer, setup just dial it in as you want it. That's a beauty of a Lotus chassis, it's fully adjustable.

Shame Lotus gives so little technical details on the website. I had no idea about that, and fully adjustable suspension changes a lot !

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve been told that by people at Hethel. They started part-building cars rather than do nothing.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Contacted local Lotus dealer and was suggested to come test drive an Evora GT for feel. Is it even worth it considering it’s not an Emira?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
333 must include type approval models, cars for crash testing, mules and international cars and demos.
It’s Production cars globally, so includes dealers demos but not mules or crash test cars.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Except it’s not fully adjustable. You can change the geo to dial out the understeer. Fully adjustable to most people means you can adjust the suspension settings yourself.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Contacted local Lotus dealer and was suggested to come test drive an Evora GT for feel. Is it even worth it considering it’s not an Emira?
The Evora GT suspension setup is the equivalent of Emira Sports suspension. Steering feel and ride and handling will be close, within 10-15%.

kenniGT

Reaction score
Except it’s not fully adjustable. You can change the geo to dial out the understeer. Fully adjustable to most people means you can adjust the suspension settings yourself.
So can compression, rebound damping and preload be set out in the garage?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But do you believe that? Every time I’ve asked LCC where I am in the sequence they’ve refused to say, and that goes back many months and before I got the extra delay. They’ve said they don’t give out that info. I found my sequence number out through other contacts.
Well I do find it hard to believe what LCC tell me, after all the wrong information and broken promises. But this time, and as they even checked it, I was number 54 and starting production on Thursday.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, I may have missed it, be a bit dim, or both. But what is the 498 YTD number on the screen? 498 in, 191 out? 307 evaporated?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I do find it hard to believe what LCC tell me, after all the wrong information and broken promises. But this time, and as they even checked it, I was number 54 and starting production on Thursday.
Perhaps a new era of openness has dawned at LCC. Matt was certainly more open in the vid than I expected.