• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Goodwood - updates and info

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I understand the frustration. I was assured at Goodwood by the LCC staff and their boss that the folks staffing the contact centre over the four days of Goodwood had exactly the same info as the team had on-stand at Goodwood.

I suggest if you and others are getting a generic email response then either use live chat or phone them and emphasise that people at Goodwood are being given this info on revised delivery timeframes and being told LCC have it too.
I called lotus Cs today and couldn't be given any more than a generic 6-8wks. They said they hoped to be able to narrow it down on a more Individual basis early next month

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I found the lotus management equally frustrated with the delays, it has been a logistical nightmare for them. I’m in a manufacturing business so have experienced similar issues
With the V6 probably having to be terminated sometime in 2025 they are losing valuable sales with these delays, good for the rarity factor of us V6 buyers though!. :)

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How grey is Ice Grey in a natural outdoor environment? In pictures it looks more white and beige-ish than grey.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom what have they said about the seats in the ice grey car 4k not a lot of miles for sag to happen are they still the pre production ones.
They're not production ones. I was concerned about the sag but told they weren't 100% representative.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE Was there any clarification on the 3 second delay on starting up the engine (from pressing the start button) that Schmee raised in his review?
I didn't ask about this. Didn't seem to be any appreciable delay when Will started the yellow car for our run up the hill. I'll see if I can check on Sunday.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard about an outbox V6 that has been complete even Pre production?

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My information from Goodwood today (sorry for any that have been covered already)

- I'm July 11th Deposit, original delivery was August but now told October completion, November delivery and apparently I'm car 700.

- Seats - seemed comfortable and reasonably supportive. Plenty of headroom - I'm 5' 11'' and there was loads of room above. I was told the seats at Goodwood were pre-production. The Ice Grey ones were VERY saggy and 'bottom shaped' which wasn't great

- The redline - appeared to me to be 6800 only in track mode and 6000 in other modes. I asked about it but the Lotus guy in the car didn't even know and told me it was 6000 as that was what was showing on the dash (in Tour mode)!! I kindly suggested that he might be wrong and asked him to put the car 'Track mode and this raised the RMP to 6800, which he seemed surprised about!!

- The Lotus Team - All very friendly and helpful and Kevin was very helpful and even took my phone number so he could ring to let me know when they would be starting the cars later in the day so I wouldn't miss the close up sound.

- The exhaust sound - To me, for a 22 reg car with all the restrictions on emissions, was very good. Not fantastic but very good given the parameters. I have a 2 minute video of it running and revving up close-by but I'm not sure how to upload a lengthy video. If anyone wants to see it and can advise me how to upload it then I'm happy to do so!

- Delays - I'm told are not for certain parts but for sporadical supplies of all parts. I was also told that they will continue to build the cars even with some missing parts, providing the missing parts can be added once they arrive and obviously before they are delivered to customers!!

- Paint and colours - For me, I'm glad I chose blue and it is still my preferred choice having seen, yellow, red and Nimbus today. I very nearly changed to yellow but having seen it in the flesh now, I think it's a bit mustardy for a non-metallic paint. I would add though that all of the colours looked nice.

- Infotainment - I got to play with it for some time and it seemed very nice to use, not laggy at all, plenty of modes, plenty of info and good resolution.

- Pedal placement - Felt perfect and ideal for heel and toe

- Gearbox - Notchy but tight (can't think of a better way of explaining it, sorry!) Basically, you either get it in gear and it feels prefect, or occasionally it doesn't engage properly. Obviously I didn't drive the car but when doing it statically for about a minute I managed to (not) engage 3rd and 4th gear at least 4 times. I'll caveat that it 'felt' like it didn't engage but is hard to say for definite as the car wasn't running but I'm 95% sure it didn't engage.

- Number Plate - No real comments on this but as a few have asked about it I took a couple of close up pictures for reference so if anyone want to see them just let me know.

- Build quality - Seemed generally very good and as they were pre-production cars it would be hard to fully critique. A couple of points of reference were, the paint quality seemed to vary on each car (some more 'orange peel' than others), the engine cover 'Lotus' lettering was, in my opinion, poorly finished and there was a seal on one of the door windows that seemed to be catching and misaligned. Also see the note regarding the seats above.

I hope that helps for anyone who couldn't/can't get to Goodwood to see for themselves.

G

Guest142

My information from Goodwood today (sorry for any that have been covered already)

- I'm July 11th Deposit, original delivery was August but now told October completion, November delivery and apparently I'm car 700.

- Seats - seemed comfortable and reasonably supportive. Plenty of headroom - I'm 5' 11'' and there was loads of room above. I was told the seats at Goodwood were pre-production. The Ice Grey ones were VERY saggy and 'bottom shaped' which wasn't great

- The redline - appeared to me to be 6800 only in track mode and 6000 in other modes. I asked about it but the Lotus guy in the car didn't even know and told me it was 6000 as that was what was showing on the dash (in Tour mode)!! I kindly suggested that he might be wrong and asked him to put the car 'Track mode and this raised the RMP to 6800, which he seemed surprised about!!

- The Lotus Team - All very friendly and helpful and Kevin was very helpful and even took my phone number so he could ring to let me know when they would be starting the cars later in the day so I wouldn't miss the close up sound.

- The exhaust sound - To me, for a 22 reg car with all the restrictions on emissions, was very good. Not fantastic but very good given the parameters. I have a 2 minute video of it running and revving up close-by but I'm not sure how to upload a lengthy video. If anyone wants to see it and can advise me how to upload it then I'm happy to do so!

- Delays - I'm told are not for certain parts but for sporadical supplies of all parts. I was also told that they will continue to build the cars even with some missing parts, providing the missing parts can be added once they arrive and obviously before they are delivered to customers!!

- Paint and colours - For me, I'm glad I chose blue and it is still my preferred choice having seen, yellow, red and Nimbus today. I very nearly changed to yellow but having seen it in the flesh now, I think it's a bit mustardy for a non-metallic paint. I would add though that all of the colours looked nice.

- Infotainment - I got to play with it for some time and it seemed very nice to use, not laggy at all, plenty of modes, plenty of info and good resolution.

- Pedal placement - Felt perfect and ideal for heel and toe

- Gearbox - Notchy but tight (can't think of a better way of explaining it, sorry!) Basically, you either get it in gear and it feels prefect, or occasionally it doesn't engage properly. Obviously I didn't drive the car but when doing it statically for about a minute I managed to (not) engage 3rd and 4th gear at least 4 times. I'll caveat that it 'felt' like it didn't engage but is hard to say for definite as the car wasn't running but I'm 95% sure it didn't engage.

- Number Plate - No real comments on this but as a few have asked about it I took a couple of close up pictures for reference so if anyone want to see them just let me know.

- Build quality - Seemed generally very good and as they were pre-production cars it would be hard to fully critique. A couple of points of reference were, the paint quality seemed to vary on each car (some more 'orange peel' than others), the engine cover 'Lotus' lettering was, in my opinion, poorly finished and there was a seal on one of the door windows that seemed to be catching and misaligned. Also see the note regarding the seats above.

I hope that helps for anyone who couldn't/can't get to Goodwood to see for themselves.
Thank you for this detailed feedback.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to upload a lengthy video
Others have used either unlisted YouTube videos or Vimeo and then posted links. Any content you have I'm sure will be greatly appreciated shared!

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Dommo Shmee drove a LHD model where the wheel felt off-center to the left and pedals off-center to the right. In the RHD version, you say the pedal placement feels perfect. But were they also slightly off-center and did you get a feel for steering wheel placement as well?

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Dommo Shmee drove a LHD model where the wheel felt off-center to the left and pedals off-center to the right. In the RHD version, you say the pedal placement feels perfect. But were they also slightly off-center and did you get a feel for steering wheel placement as well?
I sat in both today and the pedals in the LHD were noticeably off to the right, the steering wheel seemed ok to me though.

In the RHD, both pedals and wheel seemed to be exactly where I would expect them for my normal driving position. YMMV of course.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Others have used either unlisted YouTube videos or Vimeo and then posted links. Any content you have I'm sure will be greatly appreciated shared!
I’m just enjoying a post-Goodwood pint and then I’ll see if I can upload any videos and pics of the day 👍🏻

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I sat in both LHD and RHD cars but have to admit that I only took proper notice of the RHD car as it was most relevant to me 😬. The centring and position of them felt perfect for my liking.

Kingslim

Reaction score
Can't add much to the already comprehensive info shared by Tom and others, but for what its worth:

The nimbus car really does look fantastic - so much so that I was tempted to add further delay to my seneca blue order, but then, in discussions with my mates we realised the nimbus car is on the stand under lights with a very blue tint, theres a team of guys polishing it etc. All the other cars are outside under black awnings in normal daylight which today was pretty flat grey, they all have a dusting of Goodwood dust, and are not being fettled contantly, I think the blue would still look epic as it did on the stand last year, and also when it was on the hill in the sun.

Inside with the doors closed the sound proofing is excellent, you really couldnt hear the considerable noise outside (the stand is pretty close to the hill).

The silver wheels are more light gunmetal than usual alloy wheel silver (assuming the nimbus cars wheels are the silver?)

CS told me my car (seneca V6 man, silver wheels upper BP, alcantara, deposit friday of last Goodwood) is delayed a further 6-8 weeks - so likely October from August now. I asked two of them at different times and both told me delay wasnt due to customer choices (apart from auto) - its things like the supply of dashboards and dials, switches etc, not choices of wheels and colours. Make of that you will.

Jenson and Harry M were on the stand today - place was rammed. I watched the Hethel and Seneca cars do the climb around 6.30 pm and they both sounded excellent - maybe less background noise around then and I was very close to the track. Its also worth noting that if you stand just ahead of Molecomb the cars are all off-throttle braking so you don't really hear the engines.

I'm more committed to mine than ever. I looked at the Artura - a really pretty car and not that different looking to the Emira, but £200k+!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The silver wheels are more light gunmetal than usual alloy wheel silver (assuming the nimbus cars wheels are the silver?)

Thanks for the feedback!

The Nimbus Emira at Goodwood is on Diamond Cut wheels. The innerspokes are the matte gunmetal color.

Kingslim

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

The Nimbus Emira at Goodwood is on Diamond Cut wheels. The innerspokes are the matte gunmetal color.
I'm not sure - I thought the seneca car was on diamond cut (silver edges, dark gunmetal inner surfaces), The nimbus wheels all look one colour, light gunmetal, which I assumed is the silver option? They are definitely different wheels.

Kingslim

Reaction score
I'm not sure - I thought the seneca car was on diamond cut (silver edges, dark gunmetal inner surfaces), The nimbus wheels all look one colour, light gunmetal, which I assumed is the silver option? They are definitely different wheels.

Attachments

• 59736C85-9BBC-4B0E-AD86-2BF27FDF6B72.jpeg
    59736C85-9BBC-4B0E-AD86-2BF27FDF6B72.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 68265A66-CBD1-47DF-B673-56D848BA0955.jpeg
    68265A66-CBD1-47DF-B673-56D848BA0955.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 126