Good 2GR-FE issues overview and teardown vid

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My buddy tracked his 400, we are talking over 10k hard track miles. Not one engine issue, engine is the least of my worries on this car. The electrical and switch gear are my main concerns.

OP
Porter

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My buddy tracked his 400, we are talking over 10k hard track miles. Not one engine issue, engine is the least of my worries on this car. The electrical and switch gear are my main concerns.
Right, I didn't post the video to show the motor is unreliable. Quite the opposite.

I posted so that those who are interested could see one torn down, and hear an experienced mechanic talk through the (few) issues he does see on these motors, along with their causes.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Right, I didn't post the video to show the motor is unreliable. Quite the opposite.

I posted so that those who are interested could see one torn down, and hear an experienced mechanic talk through the (few) issues he does see on these motors, along with their causes.
This was a very informative video, both for the work involved, and the mechanic who was a first class example of a good and professional mechanic. I also took note about how critical the oil change interval is on these engines. No 10k mile oil changes. I'm going to change mine once a year, period. It was also good to hear how long these engines last; hundreds of thousands of miles if properly taken care of and maintained.