Gear selector issue

paulbutcher

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the collar on the gear selector sticking up after reversing? It happened to me a couple of times today: after reversing, the collar stuck up leaving the selector “waggling” all over the place (felt like there was no gate), making it basically impossible to select a gear. Once I worked out what was going on, I could fix it by pushing the collar down (but it was a bit embarrassing until I did work it out).

It happened a couple of times in quick succession, but not since (and I can’t make it happen again).

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone else had issues with the collar on the gear selector sticking up after reversing? It happened to me a couple of times today: after reversing, the collar stuck up leaving the selector “waggling” all over the place (felt like there was no gate), making it basically impossible to select a gear. Once I worked out what was going on, I could fix it by pushing the collar down (but it was a bit embarrassing until I did work it out).

It happened a couple of times in quick succession, but not since (and I can’t make it happen again).
Might have been a bit of dirt or a tiny burr on the metal that has rubbed off. Let your supplier know so there is a record and if you get further issues I’m sure they will sort or replace it.