Front cover (Car UK 09/03/22)

IMG_20220309_181957.jpg

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
... just sayin':

1646950692841.png

BTW I am a Lotus fan - I have a Burnt Orange S2 Elise SC which I love, and think is the best-looking car Lotus have ever made. I think it's really sad that Elise and Exige production is finished: they were real Lotus, unique cars the like of which you couldn't get anywhere else.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
... just sayin':

View attachment 3755

BTW I am a Lotus fan - I have a Burnt Orange S2 Elise SC which I love, and think is the best-looking car Lotus have ever made. I think it's really sad that Elise and Exige production is finished: they were real Lotus, unique cars the like of which you couldn't get anywhere else.

That's because of...

1-1626094598369@2x.jpg

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think ever since Ferrari parted their ways with pinnefarina their design went down hill, starting I dare say, with la ferrari. Although stunning looking it lacks the eternal elegance compared to Enzo and F50. However the worst offender is no doubt F8 tributo which to me is a twisted 488 trying to hard to look menacing, it almost looked like a after market bodykit, or it's too hot the front just melted all over the car.
f62fba613c9d76b371e7d9c4ef8f09bc.jpg

Roma and 296GTB is actually a step back toward elegance for ferrari and it‘s a good sign suggesting the worst has passed us. Although both are a bit too retro-minded for my taste.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think ever since Ferrari parted their ways with pinnefarina their design went down hill, starting I dare say, with la ferrari. Although stunning looking it lacks the eternal elegance compared to Enzo and F50. However the worst offender is no doubt F8 tributo which to me is a twisted 488 trying to hard to look menacing, it almost looked like a after market bodykit, or it's too hot the front just melted all over the car. View attachment 3761
Roma and 296GTB is actually a step back toward elegance for ferrari and it‘s a good sign suggesting the worst has passed us. Although both are a bit too retro-minded for my taste.
Nearly every car on that list is done by Pininfarina. They are working together since forever. They even designed the Dino in the late 60s.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nearly every car on that list is done by Pininfarina. They are working together since forever. They even designed the Dino in the late 60s.
Yes but not after 458, thus my point. It became more and more fussy as they keeps adding styling details over it till it became a over complicated mess that F8 is.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Good car design is all about proportion, and not over-exaggerating any one feature. The Roma is a beautiful example of long-bonnet cruiser, but everyone hates the exaggerated grill. The 296 is a gorgeous mid-engined design, but some of the bulges and intakes are too dramatic.

The Emira is a bit of a rarity… very simple, traditional Coke bottle curves, with nothing too offensive. I don’t know if it’ll be a classic, but it’s certainly a beauty.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good car design is all about proportion, and not over-exaggerating any one feature. The Roma is a beautiful example of long-bonnet cruiser, but everyone hates the exaggerated grill. The 296 is a gorgeous mid-engined design, but some of the bulges and intakes are too dramatic.

The Emira is a bit of a rarity… very simple, traditional Coke bottle curves, with nothing too offensive. I don’t know if it’ll be a classic, but it’s certainly a beauty.
I think the features you list in the Emira, plus the huge amount of talent and effort it takes to create something so cohesive and beautiful, are the very makings of a classic.