• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Forum 2023 event ideas and planning

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Moderator edit: post moved from another thread to start a new topic about ideas for events, trips, meets for forum members in 2023. Ideas and organisers welcome. For specific events please start a new thread in the Events sub-forum or in the relevant Regional sub-forum.

With all the proper car lovers and enthusiasts around here on this forum, @TomE should better think of announcing the first forum meet-up for next year. No need to bring Emiras, I think we would all drool over all other sorts of cars as well and would actually make a good crowd to hang out with.

NC500 trip, anyone?

(We should rename this thread to "how long does it take until we get new topics out of this?!" 😂🙈)

Last edited by a moderator:

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
With all the proper car lovers and enthusiasts around here on this forum, @TomE should better think of announcing the first forum meet-up for next year. No need to bring Emiras, I think we would all drool over all other sorts of cars as well and would actually make a good crowd to hang out with.

NC500 trip, anyone?

(We should rename this thread to "how long does it take until we get new topics out of this?!" 😂🙈)
I’m buying a yacht next summer, any of you guys know how to swim? #sassafrasriver

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

NC500 trip, anyone?

First forum meet up of 2023 will be Newlands Corner (Guildford UK) on 15 Jan. This is our regular monthly Lotus breakfast meet and we've already had Emiras attending the events in Nov and Dec.

C828D446-65C8-40B5-9003-986B08B1B543.jpeg

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
First forum meet up of 2023 will be Newlands Corner (Guildford UK) on 15 Jan. This is our regular monthly Lotus breakfast meet and we've already had Emiras attending the events in Nov and Dec.

C828D446-65C8-40B5-9003-986B08B1B543.jpeg
I will definitely be attending one, just as soon as it falls on a free day! How do 3 and 5 year olds have such a busy social schedule?!

SuperBusa

Reaction score

NC500 trip, anyone?

I've done the NC500 loads of time. These days I use only the good sections and leave the rest to the Campervans, tourists and cyclists 😉😉

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
@VL3X im putting you in charge of our local meets. I’ll need a plan from you after new years

Don't put me in charge! I struggle to get even my close friends out with their cars. We're lucky to get 1 track day a year in at NJMP and I'm happy if we manage to meet up once every few months for a valley cruise. If/when my Emira arrives, I'll be making any excuse I can to get out and drive! I'm just kinda bored with my GTI these past couple years... though APR did just release a new turbo kit that's only $1500 and bumps it up to 406whp/387wtq! 🤯 Tempting for a winter project....

OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@TomE 15th January is a bit too soon for me to do the trip over to you guys, but if this is a regular thing I'll definitely join once the weather gets more predictable.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE 15th January is a bit too soon for me to do the trip over to you guys, but if this is a regular thing I'll definitely join once the weather gets more predictable.

It's every third Sunday of the month, rain or shine. Let me know when you're coming and we can organise some runs before or after. The breakfast meet itself is only two hours. We tend to get more people attending in spring/summer with the better weather - usually 20-30 cars. Winter can be less than 10 - only 3 last time.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd definitely be keen for a meet/drive in Scotland sometime in Spring once the salt is off the roads!