For Sale: Nearly New Michelin Cup 2 Tires

Photos of the cup2s when they were mounted. Got to say, they definitely have really nice looking side walls
Is this the Racing Green Emira from Lotus Charlotte? (well, the 1st one they got)
 
I had ordered a Racing Green one through them that just recently came in. When yours came in Luke gave me the heads up that if I see one it's not mine lol.
Haha nice! Each dealer got only 1, but luke had told me they got to order a second one due to a fluke since the first one got delayed until 2026. I think that makes 3 of them in NC that I’m aware of. What’s your spec and where are you at?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6731.webp
    IMG_6731.webp
    540.5 KB · Views: 103
I have a new set of take-offs for sale in Denver, just need 9 more posts before I can list my for sale here.
 
Ship them via uship on a pallet with some ratchet straps. That's typically how I do it. It never seems to be that much if you are willing to drop them off at the frieght center and the end user picks them up at theirs.
 
Hey all,

Just took delivery of a 2026 emira with Cup 2s. The car is going to be more of a touring car for me so I ordered a different set of tires. The take-off Cup 2s have 118 freeway miles, so basically new. I just drove home with them from the dealer. At this point, not willing to ship. I'd be willing to drive some depending on your location. Located in central NC. Asking $1400 (tirerack has them for $2200 shipped).
Hi Bimmernate, I'm new to the forum and the proud new owner of a first edition Hethel Yellow. Any luck selling your Cup 2's. I'm in the same situation, have them but will not track the car and want something for everyday driving. I assume there is a market for used ones but not sure where to start. Please provide any advice. My Emira has 7900 miles but don't know if this is the original set, sport suspension so maybe. thanks
 
Hi Bimmernate, I'm new to the forum and the proud new owner of a first edition Hethel Yellow. Any luck selling your Cup 2's. I'm in the same situation, have them but will not track the car and want something for everyday driving. I assume there is a market for used ones but not sure where to start. Please provide any advice. My Emira has 7900 miles but don't know if this is the original set, sport suspension so maybe. thanks
I still have the tires. Plenty of people are interested nation wide, but if you are trying for local sales like me, the market is small. I’m sure if you were in a more densely populated region, like Southern California or south florida, they would sell quick.

Looks like you are in Charlotte, let me know if you are interested in my cup 2s 😏
 
I had a little chuckle at how the CEL is on. Typical Lotus lol. And I say this while mine currently also has a CEL 😅
CEL is always on when car powers up. Goes off when started.
 
I still have the tires. Plenty of people are interested nation wide, but if you are trying for local sales like me, the market is small. I’m sure if you were in a more densely populated region, like Southern California or south florida, they would sell quick.

Looks like you are in Charlotte, let me know if you are interested in my cup 2s 😏
Mine are still on the car, so I'm deciding wether to replace soon with something all-weather and keep the Cup 2s for resale, just let the installer dispose of them or keep running them until the tread is out. But I do have some concern on hydro-planning, first day I broke the back end loose on a mild turn in light rain. Safest option is to probably replace soon.
 
Which tires did you go with instead and how do you like them? I have the sport suspension with Cup2's and want to swap them out for tires better in the rain. Did you go with pilot sports? How's the ride?
 
Which tires did you go with instead and how do you like them? I have the sport suspension with Cup2's and want to swap them out for tires better in the rain. Did you go with pilot sports? How's the ride?
I went with the Continentals, DWS06 I think they are called. Just put 900 miles on them and seem good. I couldn't really tell if the ride was better or worse. I've always gone with Contis over Michelin, usually rated just as high and 10% cheaper. Encountered some heavy rain and glad I had them. And I kept the Cup 2s, hopefully can sell them but haven't tried yet.
 
I went with the Continentals, DWS06 I think they are called. Just put 900 miles on them and seem good. I couldn't really tell if the ride was better or worse. I've always gone with Contis over Michelin, usually rated just as high and 10% cheaper. Encountered some heavy rain and glad I had them. And I kept the Cup 2s, hopefully can sell them but haven't tried yet.
The Continental DWS06+ is an outstanding ultra-high-performance (UHP) all season tire. Until they get to track-level high temps, only possible after 5 or so laps near the limits, they are comparable in lap times making them a perfect tire for year round street use. Summer performance tires are superior after 4-5 laps because UHP tires will fade when very, very hot in extended track sessions.

They are vastly superior to summer performance tires at temps below 60ºF, in wet conditions, and roughly equivalent for the first few laps on a race track even on a hot day. It's simply not possible to get to fade-level temps for in even spirited street driving without getting arrested. Dedicated track tires like Cup2s are only much grippier when they get to long-session, very hot, track temps.

Tire technology has dramatically progressed over the last decade making UHP all seasons often a better (and safer) choice for the vast majority of owners. UHP all seasons are now standard equipment on many C8 Corvette models, and that was unheard of 5 years ago. Cup2s and summer max performance tires are no longer the best choice for most people who will never track their cars.

I run the DWS06+ year round on my Porsche 911, and will likely put them on my Emira when the Goodyears are ready to be replaced. The best UHP all seasons (Michelin PS AS4 and Continental DWS06+) tires are about the same price as the best summer max performance tires for each brand.
 
Last edited:
Maybe it's because I have a lot less mileage on these Continentals (6,000 vs 40,000km), but I was on the track 3 weekends ago and I was really not feeling comfortable compared to the Goodyears. The tires never gave up on me, but they were audibly letting me know to back off, which is not something I've experienced with the F1s. You definitely cannot impress the fellas in their audis/bmws at the stoplights slide the car with as much confidence, but that is to be expected I guess.

They don't feel as responsive to me, but for spirited driving, I think they are almost as good as the Goodyears. I'm hoping to get more mileage out of them because I'm tired of buying three sets of summer tires per year. :LOL:
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top