First Edition colours - first-hand impressions...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Having seen cars complete, or near complete in all colours yesterday, my thoughts are below:

Hethel Yellow - exactly as I expected it to be meaning most photos have been representative. When i was mixing the colour for my painting of a Hethel Yellow Emira https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-art.870/post-17881 it comprised cadmium yellow hue, white to reduce the colour saturation and orange to warm it up, which looks like it got me very close. Great looking with or without full black pack.

Seneca - this seemed a little darker than I remember it from the roadshow, but that was probably the lighting inside. Metallic not very evident in this light, still a great signature colour.

Nimbus (the most debated of all?!) Slightly Darker and warmer than a regular silver, such as Porsche's arctic silver but still a relatively light colour. Classy as heel and good with or without full BP -saw both.

Dark Verdant - well, it's dark! Only saw this indoors so I was moving my viewing point around as much as possible to see what happened when the light hit it at different angles. It does read as very dark indoors, the highlights will pop outdoors and even more in bright sunshine. As per my painting, there is a strong blue component - this means the dark parts read almost as a very dark teal. In my view this is preferable to a warmer green which can have a brown or black component to it when very dark. So it is a "cool" dark green in more ways than one and remains my choice. See https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/more-emira-art-this-time-dv.1061/post-26066 for my take on it in acrylics on canvas.

I have somewhere very important to be so will conclude on Shadow and Magma later!

Last edited:
OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Knowing you’ve spent your career dealing with colour and your expertise as a painter, we very much value your commentary on the Emira colours.
Thanks Tom, the rest is about to be added below....

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
....Episode 2, starring Shadow and Magma!

Shadow Grey - I think this is one of the most neutral greys I've ever seen! What I mean by that is it is not a warm (e.g. brownish) grey, nor a cool (blue-ish) grey, it's just neutral, certainly when viewed first-hand and without other colours reflecting on it and changing the colour. None of that is good or bad, it's just what it is.

Among all the colours it's one that needs daylight, a bit like DV, to add a bit of life as it felt a little flat indoors - I think it will look great outdoors, whether you go the stealth route with black wheels or the contrast option with silver or diamond cut.

Any of the interior options will work with it (a benefit of the colour neutrality I mentioned earlier) and they will all look great: tan with shadow - sophisticated and high-end, Black- mean and stealthy, full of purpose, Red will contrast and pop brilliantly and Ice - well that will be cool! 🤣

Nearly forgot, I mentioned in another thread that this Shadow Emira had full black pack and it worked! I thought it would be a waste of money but it was subtle and effective - I liked it.

Magma - 2 Magma cars on the line away from the windows looked darker and less lively. The one sitting beside the QA Inspection booth near the windows was quite different - lighter (but never remotely like a Ferrari red) really lively and showed off the form really well. Not a hint of brown-ness or maroony-ness. Someone used the term cherry earlier which was a great reference - but it's not like darker cherries, more like the brighter ones!

Looking at many of the pictures of the planforms on here, on my HP laptop or Galaxy S10 I'd say they are all good representations of the 6 FE colours. Remember that the flake in the planforms looks more pronounced than on the full size cars because the planforms are reduced in size but the flakes are not.

BONUS COLOUR - WHITE!
There was a white Emira, devoid of the extra stickers we saw on the Carfection tests and others, I absolutely loved it!

It shows off the graphics (the shape of the lights, vents and windows) perfectly and had a litheness and lean-ness to it missing in the other colours. It did something to the appearance of the car I can't quite put my finger on but it looked fabulous.

Some very experienced design professionals picked these colours for very good reasons - there are no duds.

Last edited:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1651100381489.jpeg
1651100412196-jpeg.4836
1651100512708.jpeg
Since we are picking car colors by fruit colors now. Pick the cherry😛

Attachments

• 1651100412196.jpeg
    1651100412196.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 1651100435187.jpeg
    1651100435187.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 22

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was just a joke thank you for all of the descriptions👏and your art is superb.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Shadow Grey - I think this is one of the most neutral greys I've ever seen! What I mean by that is it is not a warm (e.g. brownish) grey, nor a cool (blue-ish) grey, it's just neutral, certainly when viewed first-hand and without other colours reflecting on it and changing the colour. None of that is good or bad, it's just what it is.

Among all the colours it's one that needs daylight, a bit like DV, to add a bit of life as it felt a little flat indoors - I think it will look great outdoors, whether you go the stealth route with black wheels or the contrast option with silver or diamond cut.

Any of the interior options will work with it (a benefit of the colour neutrality I mentioned earlier) and they will all look great: tan with shadow - sophisticsted and high-end, Black- mean and stealthy full of purpose, Red will contrast and pop brilliantly and Ice - well that will be cool! 🤣

Nearly forgot, I mentioned in another thread that this one had full black pack and it worked! I thought it would be a waste of money but it was subtle and effective - I liked it.

Magma - 2 Magma cars on the line away from the windows looked darker and less lively. The one sitting beside the QA Inspection booth near the windows was quite different - lighter (but never remotely like a Ferrari red) really lively and showed off the form really well. Not a hint of brown-ness or maroony-ness. Someone used the term cherry earlier which was a great reference - but it's not like darker cherries, more like the brighter ones!

Looking at many of the pictures of the planforms on here, on my HP laptop or Galaxy S10 I'd say they are all good representations of the 6 FE colours. Remember that the flake in the planforms looks more pronounced than on the full size cars because the planforms are reduced in size but the flakes are not.

BONUS COLOUR - WHITE!
There was a white Emira, devoid of the extra badging we saw on the Carfection tests and others, I absolutely loved it!

It shows off the graphics (the shape of the lights, vents and windows) perfectly and had a litheness and lean-ness to it missing in the other colours. It did something to the appearance of the car I can't quite put my finger on but it looked fabulous.

Some very experienced design professionals picked these colours for very good reasons - there are no duds.

Will add that the white was also metallic. It was a lot like seneca in that it looks flat until you get very close and then super fine metallic sparkles begin to appear in the highlights. Agree it was one of the best colors.

The white car we saw had a red interior which looked amazing - BUT - the red interior had black seats. Red interior with black seats is the perfect amount of red, and I’m hoping that’s actually how they come but configurator shows red seats so I’m assuming they just didn’t have any red seats yet?

Also on my way into Hethel I passed a white one on the motorway headed in the opposite direction. I didn’t know what it was at first but it grabbed my attention immediately and had amazing presence. This car looks incredible on the road.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Was just a joke thank you for all of the descriptions👏and your art is superb.
It was a good joke - and a valid point! Colours and reference points used to describe them (e.g. cherries...) contain so much subjectivity - and many people even see and experience colours differently, that it is a real minefield!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Will add that the white was also metallic. It was a lot like seneca in that it looks flat until you get very close and then super fine metallic sparkles begin to appear in the highlights. Agree it was one of the best colors.

The white car we saw had a red interior which looked amazing - BUT - the red interior had black seats. Red interior with black seats is the perfect amount of red, and I’m hoping that’s actually how they come but configurator shows red seats so I’m assuming they just didn’t have any red seats yet?

Also on my way into Hethel I passed a white one on the motorway headed in the opposite direction. I didn’t know what it was at first but it grabbed my attention immediately and had amazing presence. This car looks incredible on the road.
Ahhh, good to know re the metallic, I didnt get that close.

You're right, red interior with the white will be killer!

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Any of the interior options will work with it (a benefit of the colour neutrality I mentioned earlier) and they will all look great: tan with shadow - sophisticsted and high-end, Black- mean and stealthy full of purpose, Red will contrast and pop brilliantly and Ice - well that will be cool! 🤣

Nearly forgot, I mentioned in another thread that this one had full black pack and it worked! I thought it would be a waste of money but it was subtle and effective - I liked it.

BONUS COLOUR - WHITE!
There was a white Emira, devoid of the extra badging we saw on the Carfection tests and others, I absolutely loved it!

My big dilemma - Nimbus w red leather or White w red leather. (Neither w BP) Which do you prefer?

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My big dilemma - Nimbus w red leather or White w red leather. (Neither w BP) Which do you prefer?
See my later comment on the white, white with red leather will look modern on the Emira while also being classic, timeless and have strong sporting overtones.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If the white car is Aspen White as intended for the extra 13 Base colours then it's a pearlescent paint. The white car I saw in January was Aspen and looked great.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Shadow Grey -[snip]

Did you see the back of Shadow with the Black pack, i.e. The black Lotus Logo and black pipes? Did it all totally disappear and blend together against Shadow Grey or did it still look nice?

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm considering the 'mafia pack' but with red leather. :ROFLMAO:

Whipped this up to convince myself but still on the fence. Maybe diamond cut wheels might add a bit more visual interest but they're harder to photochop

black-pack-wheels.png

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Whipped this up to convince myself but still on the fence. Maybe diamond cut wheels might add a bit more visual interest but they're harder to photochop

View attachment 4839
Would never have considered grey with black pack but comments above combined with that picture I’m considering!

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 4839
Holy smokes! That is mean, I think gloss black >>>> diamond cut but only my opinion