First Edition colours - first-hand impressions...

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm considering the 'mafia pack' but with red leather. :ROFLMAO:

Whipped this up to convince myself but still on the fence. Maybe diamond cut wheels might add a bit more visual interest but they're harder to photochop

View attachment 4839

Damn, that looks phenomenal @digilotus!

Is the dark grey that light though? I had the impression it was almost the same shade as the black pack...

firstlotus

Reaction score
Having seen cars complete, or near complete in all colours yesterday, my thoughts are below:

Hethel Yellow - exactly as I expected it to be meaning most photos have been representative. When i was mixing the colour for my painting of a Hethel Yellow Emira https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-art.870/post-17881 it comprised cadmium yellow hue, white to reduce the colour saturation and orange to warm it up, which looks like it got me very close. Great looking with or without full black pack.

Seneca - this seemed a little darker than I remember it from the roadshow, but that was probably the lighting inside. Metallic not very evident in this light, still a great signature colour.

Nimbus (the most debated of all?!) Slightly Darker and warmer than a regular silver, such as Porsche's arctic silver but still a relatively light colour. Classy as heel and good with or without full BP -saw both.

Dark Verdant - well, it's dark! Only saw this indoors so I was moving my viewing point as much as poss to see what happened when the light hit it at different angles. It does read as very dark indoors, highlights will pop outdoors and even more in sunshine. As per my painting, there is a strong blue component - this means the dark parts read almost as a very very dark teal. In my view this is preferable to warmer green which can have a brown or black component to it when very dark. so it is a "cool" dark green in more ways than one and remains my choice. See https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/more-emira-art-this-time-dv.1061/post-26066 for my take on it in acrylics on canvas.

I have somewhere very important to be so will conclude on Shadow and Magma later!
Thanks for the comments - did you happen to see how dark the Privacy Glass was and what is your impression of it...?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Damn, that looks phenomenal @digilotus!

Is the dark grey that light though? I had the impression it was almost the same shade as the black pack...
This photo was taken under bright lights, so in the wild it will be a bit darker and more moody, with more subtle contrast. However in strong light it won't be too far off.

Below is an adjusted body shell colour to make it darker and probably a bit more realistic.

black-pack-wheels-adjusted.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ADC

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This photo was taken under bright lights, so in the wild it will be a bit darker and more moody, with more subtle contrast. However in strong light it won't be too far off.

Its a bit hard to adjust the colour balance without compressing the dark areas too much but here we go...

View attachment 4845
Man... option black calipers and you are practically driving a baby batmobile. Probably a little too gangster for me... probably. 🤔

Thanks a bunch for stirring up my uncertainty again. 🤬😁

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm tinkering with the online configator again (damn Nimbus for potentially threatening Magma!) and the brake caliper rendering is all over the place - choosing certain calipers made the alloys black and certain choices made the rear caliper disappear!

I wonder if a configurator upgrade is happening today, hence the disruption?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I thought that this photo looks lighter than car I’ve seen at factory
The base photo I used for these was taken under bright overhead lights so might be somewhat over exposed. I've created an adjusted (darker) photo above to try to compensate so should be closer.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seeing the renders above I am more convinced that black wheels are the way to go. I was on the fence with the diamond cut wheels to start with but I have really gone off the squared off petal look now - for me it detracts from the Emira's flowing lines.

Looking forward to seeing all the color/wheel options at the factory next week :cool:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can those who went to Hethel let me know if i got the colours about right? All I had was close up photos of sample discs that I took a while back and my artists eye. Nimbus was particularly difficult, but I think its kind of close!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If the white car is Aspen White as intended for the extra 13 Base colours then it's a pearlescent paint. The white car I saw in January was Aspen and looked great.
Pearlescent - nice! It looked a lot less sparkly than Aston's pearlescent white which was a bit too jazzy for a DBS or anything else in my opinion.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That looks very close to what I saw in the factory (3 end to end!) - with and without BP. The light/dark level is about right, it could be a tiny smidge warmer but we are talking very fine margins here. The gloss level is also very good - nice work!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Dark Verdant 'mafia pack' 🤔

View attachment 4861
The dark areas are close - they are really dark in the flesh. DV is so light sensitive it is hard to judge the rest, it would take quite a bit of overhead lighting or direct sunlight for the upper surfaces to read as light as that - it's not far off though and the hue is pretty good.