• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Final spec changes after dealer visit

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The effect of the upper black pack is going to be different on light color versus dark colors. From a strict sideview, which is a view you'll never have unless you're sitting on the ground, it appears to visually lower the car. However, in real life, you're going to be looking at it from above the roof line, and from all kinds of angles. You'll also be seeing the interior which breaks up the effect.

The A pillar is the front one that the windshield connects to. The B pillar is in the middle, behind the edge of the front door. The C pillar is the rear one that the rear window connects to. On the Emira, visually we don't have a B pillar to speak of, and the C pillar is already sectioned off at the top. By putting the factory black pack on, it cuts the visual of the body horizontally, which gives the impression of a car that's not as tall. This effect is the most dramatic on light colors, but almost invisible on dark ones like Verdant and Shadow. The factory black pack also blacks out the top of the side mirrors, as well as the exhaust tips and rear lettering. On dark colors, this really creates a void in the back of the car as there's not much contrast. On the other hand, the lettering and exhaust tips really stand out in silver on a dark color, whereas on a light color, the lettering especially tends to almost disappear.

Here's Hethel with the factory black pack, a user-applied black pack where the side mirrors are left body color, and no black pack.

View attachment 2084
View attachment 2085
View attachment 2086

Here's the difference of the rear lettering in silver or black.

View attachment 2087
View attachment 2088

Since all of our cars are going to have the lower black pack, the main difference regardless of body color is silver or black exhaust tips.

View attachment 2089
View attachment 2090

To my eye, the silver breaks up the heaviness of the diffuser with nice size exhaust tips. On a light color car, this isn't as big an issue as it is on a dark color.

View attachment 2091
View attachment 2092

If you get the car without the factory black pack, then you have the option to color the A pillar/roof, side mirror tops, rear lettering and exhaust tips as you wish, instead of it being an all-or-nothing deal.

The other benefit is the body colored A pillar/roof enables the car to be a single shape, rather than sliced off at the top, which you may like... or not. If you do the wrap yourself, then you have the option to remove it later if you want to just change it up to be different. For FE buyers there's no cost difference with or without, so it's just a matter of aesthetics and preference.

Oh yes, and Merry Christmas to everyone as well!
Awesome love that thank you. I was going to always add my own black pack as required. Hadn't thought about leaving mirrors and the exhaust in silver though and that could look great! Merry Xmas 🥳

Last edited:

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That hethel yellow looks fantastic in any configuration! Love the pairing with bright wheels and leaving the mirror surrounds in body color. I also like the black Lotus lettering and the silver exhaust tips. As my teenage son would say, that car is fire bro!

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree, the yellow looks amazing… I will likely go non black pack, as I am not sure about the 3/4 view, and even though I love the evora, the black pack gives an evora look where the colour meets the black near the first edition badge. I will get the lettering and exhaust done in black by the dealer..

Ubergreg

Reaction score
So based on configurator and photos shared to date, without seeing the car in the flesh I had narrowed down choice to :-
Yellow, red or nimbus grey​
silver wheels​
solid colour roof​
red leather interior​
leather steering wheel with red nappa inserts​

However today I made the visit to local dealer and saw the car in the flesh, plus car colour samples . Result now is:-
Red is near identical to ”fire red” apart from colour of metallic flake. Great in sunlight but too maroon for me in shade.​
nimbus grey is just a metallic silver, not a crayon grey what I was hoping for​
yellow is not metallic and…..​
the blue looked stunning for me, so I’m going that colour now​
The diamond cut wheels looked better in flesh than configurator​
seeing the car in the flesh I realise the roofline is quite high and I reckon a body colour finish will accentuate this. Now I’m going black pack as optically it does make roofline look lower on bright coloured cars.​
still liked the red leather​
So my final spec will now be :
- V6 FE Auto
- blue
- black pack
- diamond cut wheels
- sports chassis
- cup 2 tyres
- red callipers
- red leather

View attachment 743

✊🏻

Attachments

• 7F8DD025-CE59-43FC-9E58-20843395023D.jpeg
    7F8DD025-CE59-43FC-9E58-20843395023D.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 51
  • Haha
Reactions: DJW

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The effect of the upper black pack is going to be different on light color versus dark colors. From a strict sideview, which is a view you'll never have unless you're sitting on the ground, it appears to visually lower the car. However, in real life, you're going to be looking at it from above the roof line, and from all kinds of angles. You'll also be seeing the interior which breaks up the effect.

The A pillar is the front one that the windshield connects to. The B pillar is in the middle, behind the edge of the front door. The C pillar is the rear one that the rear window connects to. On the Emira, visually we don't have a B pillar to speak of, and the C pillar is already sectioned off at the top. By putting the factory black pack on, it cuts the visual of the body horizontally, which gives the impression of a car that's not as tall. This effect is the most dramatic on light colors, but almost invisible on dark ones like Verdant and Shadow. The factory black pack also blacks out the top of the side mirrors, as well as the exhaust tips and rear lettering. On dark colors, this really creates a void in the back of the car as there's not much contrast. On the other hand, the lettering and exhaust tips really stand out in silver on a dark color, whereas on a light color, the lettering especially tends to almost disappear.

Here's Hethel with the factory black pack, a user-applied black pack where the side mirrors are left body color, and no black pack.

View attachment 2084
View attachment 2085
View attachment 2086

Here's the difference of the rear lettering in silver or black.

View attachment 2087
View attachment 2088

Since all of our cars are going to have the lower black pack, the main difference regardless of body color is silver or black exhaust tips.

View attachment 2089
View attachment 2090

To my eye, the silver breaks up the heaviness of the diffuser with nice size exhaust tips. On a light color car, this isn't as big an issue as it is on a dark color.

View attachment 2091
View attachment 2092

If you get the car without the factory black pack, then you have the option to color the A pillar/roof, side mirror tops, rear lettering and exhaust tips as you wish, instead of it being an all-or-nothing deal.

The other benefit is the body colored A pillar/roof enables the car to be a single shape, rather than sliced off at the top, which you may like... or not. If you do the wrap yourself, then you have the option to remove it later if you want to just change it up to be different. For FE buyers there's no cost difference with or without, so it's just a matter of aesthetics and preference.

Oh yes, and Merry Christmas to everyone as well!
Excellent, thank you @Eagle7

Some food for thought there, and since I have plenty of time before I have to finalise my spec, I can mull over the different configurations.

On Hethel Yellow (my choice of body colour), I think the LOTUS badge must be in black.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think you get the same lowering effect with Hethel Yellow as eclat2emira has shown with Seneca Blue, particularly as your eye runs backwards from the top of the headlights past the A-pillar to the flank.

View attachment 2083
View attachment 2082
I actually think the lowering effect of the black pack is even stronger on the yellow than the blue car. Looking at r yellow car in Shanghai confirmed that. This car really shines in the lighter colours.