Emira Maniac
Reaction score
F521C524-943A-40A2-8BC9-6C8C28631B81.png

#ForTheCurves

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is the 1st Lotus forum I'm part of so guess my ans :p
Would love to see data of #1st time Lotus buyers for Evora vs Emira...my guess is that latter # will be higher...much higher.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
They’ll sell more Emiras in the first 15 months than in the whole 12 years of Evora production.
...and while some of those are to the Lotus faithful, and also a few petrolheads who see the Emira as the first viable Lotus ownership proposition for them, the majority have been attracted and ultimately hooked by the Emira's styling combined with the pricepoint.

I think that says a lot about how most people rate the Emira's styling versus that of the Evora.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They’ll sell more Emiras in the first 15 months than in the whole 12 years of Evora production.
For the US (maybe it was North America… I can’t remember), Evora GT production numbers were:

(2021) 348 total. Auto 72; manual 276
(2020) 374 total. Auto 115; manual 259

Even with such low numbers they did not exactly fly off the lot for various reasons.

We are getting 700 Emiras in NA and that’s apparently not enough. It’s better looking, better fit and finish, cheaper starting price, although less horsepower in the V6.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For the US (maybe it was North America… I can’t remember), Evora GT production numbers were:

(2021) 348 total. Auto 72; manual 276
(2020) 374 total. Auto 115; manual 259

Even with such low numbers they did not exactly fly off the lot for various reasons.

We are getting 700 Emiras in NA and that’s apparently not enough. It’s better looking, better fit and finish, cheaper starting price, although less horsepower in the V6.
6,117 Evoras sold from 2009 to 2021.

3,500 Emiras to be built in 2022, then 10,000 per year. Deposits and orders for the first 60 weeks of production so far.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Admittedly, the rear part of Evora is sexy. However, if you consider the integrated product, I prefer the new Emira.

r1lee

Reaction score
The Evora for me has always been a love hate relationship. I have loved a lot of lotus cars (with the espirit being the least and the Elan being the most). The Evora has this real beauty to her yet at angles you're not so sure. She is just so unique that such a design can bring two so different emotions. She will be one of those cars for me that I wished I had owned cause i would love her so much, but could never really pull the trigger.

The Emira is straight out what I think a mid engine car should look like. Beautiful lines, all the right cutouts, flares etc. I feel the emira will make me feel how I felt like when I bought the r8 when it was first released or when I'm in a go-kart.

Long story, hard choice. I'd go with the Emira. Just because it's honestly one the most gorgeous cars ever designed, well next to my LC500 Convertible its a close second.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ref:..............."The Evora for me has always been a love hate relationship. I have loved a lot of lotus cars (with the espirit being the least and the Elan being the most). The Evora has this real beauty to her yet at angles you're not so sure. She is just so unique that such a design can bring two so different emotions. She will be one of those cars for me that I wished I had owned cause i would love her so much, but could never really pull the trigger.................."

signal-2022-05-05-225820_001.jpeg

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ref:..............."The Evora for me has always been a love hate relationship. I have loved a lot of lotus cars (with the espirit being the least and the Elan being the most). The Evora has this real beauty to her yet at angles you're not so sure. She is just so unique that such a design can bring two so different emotions. She will be one of those cars for me that I wished I had owned cause i would love her so much, but could never really pull the trigger.................."

View attachment 5457
That is bloody gorgeous! The Evora definitely got better looking with every iteration.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That is bloody gorgeous! The Evora definitely got better looking with every iteration.
Except quite a few would disagree, me included. I much prefer the front of the Series 1 Evora and was never tempted to trade mine in for a 400/410 because of the more angular design. The simplicity of the Series 1 dashboard and interior also appeals to me more, despite the quirks like not being able to see many of the dash buttons!

I've got a Series 1 Exige and Evora, a first batch Sport 110 bike and am getting a First Edition Emira - there's a bit of a pattern here!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Except quite a few would disagree, me included. I much prefer the front of the Series 1 Evora and was never tempted to trade mine in for a 400/410 because of the more angular design. The simplicity of the Series 1 dashboard and interior also appeals to me more, despite the quirks like not being able to see many of the dash buttons!

I've got a Series 1 Exige and Evora, a first batch Sport 110 bike and am getting a First Edition Emira - there's a bit of a pattern here!
Well your first-hand experience is certainly a better body of source info that mine!

First iteration purity is certainly well established - I can't see past the first LP500 iteration of the countach for beauty - each one that followed lost more of the appeal of the original.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
REF: "..........................I much prefer the front of the Series 1 Evora and was never tempted to trade mine in for a 400/410 because of the more angular design.
.........and am getting a First Edition Emira............."

Congratulations .....you are getting a FE Emira.
I assume that you do not dislike the nose of the Emira......?
BTW isn't that front of the nose rather similar / identical as the GT 410 series.......;)
And even compared with the McLaren that kind of nose shape (Emira and GT 410 / 430) is not so bad?
Best regards, Ruud

59829417_2206496932800855_6492397475167469568_n.jpg

Schumacher

Reaction score
I think the Evora is pretty ugly. The interior felt cheap. It is just a weird looking car. I have yet to see an Emira in person. My dealer said it will be 4-6 weeks before they have a showroom car.