Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting Article.... Does this mean all of the unregistered orphaned Emira's in UK/EU need to find a home by July 1st or risk not being sellable??

'Although the 718 is no longer available to configure in EU markets, you can still buy a brand-new Boxster or Cayman by picking from whatever's available in stock. The clock is ticking because that will no longer be possible from July 1 when unsold cars will become unregistrable."

If that is the case, I think we will be seeing some BIG sales from Lotus very very soon!

Last edited:

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Interesting Article.... Does this mean all of the unregistered orphaned Emira's in UK/EU need to find a home by July 1st or risk not being sellable??
Unlikely. I would think that the Emira is new enough to have taken these security rules into account.
Porsche don't want to redesign their old system on those cars because of cost.
But just say it did apply to the Emira, Lotus would then have to pre-register all of the cars they have in stock.

I had to double check this as we are quite close to April 1st.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unlikely. I would think that the Emira is new enough to have taken these security rules into account.
Porsche don't want to redesign their old system on those cars because of cost.
But just say it did apply to the Emira, Lotus would then have to pre-register all of the cars they have in stock.

I had to double check this as we are quite close to April 1st.
I believe ADAS is required to be compliant with new EU regs. So no doubt the cars being produced after July 1st will require ADAS (for EU/UK at least). I do wonder if this is the end of the V6 manual for Europe?

EDIT; This is for EU only, looks like UK is spared from the new regs!