❔ QUESTION Emira windscreen a Ferrari part?

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After a truck dumped a whole load of gravel on the road in front of me, I collected 4 windscreen chips in one go and some are so close together they are not repairable, so now my Emira windscreen is being replaced. The team at Autoglass ordered the screen 3 times incorrectly (over the period of 5 weeks now) before finally getting the right one in stock. They explained the mix up saying that the screen is a Ferrari part and that they kept getting shipped one with a space for a camera (which obviously the Lotus doesn’t have).

But it’s left me intrigued - does anyone know if the screen is a part in common with a Ferrari? And if so, which one? I’m just curious now!

(And also word of warning - if you end up needing a new screen from Autoglass, make sure they have DEFINITELY ordered the right one!) 😊

OP
Simon

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the detective work everyone, I’ve not found anything either - suspect it may have been nonsense.

Either way, since the replacement, I’ve now discovered my automatic wipers don’t work. Thanks Autoglass 🤦‍♂️

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Either way, since the replacement, I’ve now discovered my automatic wipers don’t work. Thanks Autoglass 🤦‍♂️

So frustrating! Maybe the sensor needs to be calibrated? You'd think the installer would have gotten this done properly.

Somewhat related - I had my GTI's windshield replaced a couple years ago and they used aftermarket glass. The auto wipers work still, but my rear view mirror is about an inch lower than before and dramatically reduces my field of view. It's so annoying, but not worth going through that replacement process again.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the detective work everyone, I’ve not found anything either - suspect it may have been nonsense.

I’d guess they forgot to reconnect the sensor. It doesn’t need calibration.

You can pop the mirror shroud off easily to check. It’s just clipped to the screen.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I doubt the windscreen is shared with Ferrari, but I know of one component that is. The seat frames along with the runners and electric motors are bought in from Lear who also supply Ferrari. I saw a bare seat frame with a Ferrari logo and part number sticker while I was on the factory tour. So, presumably there is at least one model of Ferrari out there also afflicted with a seat that doesn't adjust low enough :)

EM12A LS

Reaction score
What happened? That’s huge crack
I wish I could say something exciting, but I was just driving home not too fast 60mph when I'm guessing a big stone was kicked up from the car in front, it was a huge sound, lucky it missed the pillar. Frustrating but its one of those things.

Attachments

• Window2.jpg
    Window2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 17

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wish I could say something exciting, but I was just driving home not too fast 60mph when I'm guessing a big stone was kicked up from the car in front, it was a huge sound, lucky it missed the pillar. Frustrating but its one of those things.
Sorry to hear that, frustrating, but resolvable. Hope you get it sorted

OP
Simon

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d guess they forgot to reconnect the sensor. It doesn’t need calibration.

You can pop the mirror shroud off easily to check. It’s just clipped to the screen.
This is very helpful advice thank you! Saves me yet another trip back to Autoglass!