Emira - What's in the name?

Nick

Reaction score
Saw a couple of YouTube videos on the Emira, where they claimed the origin of the name is from some ancient language meaning leader. That was a bit too vague for my liking. What do they mean ancient? is it a dead language? The word Εμίρης/Εμίρα (Emiris/Emira) is used in Greek as a term of endearment as well as representing a title of authority (but definitely does not sound Greek in origin). Quick google came up with Emir being of actual Arabic origin with Emira the feminine form, a cognate for princess!
So I would like to think of Emira as an exotic princess, straight out of 1001 Nights, that we have all fallen in love with.

:)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Saw a couple of YouTube videos on the Emira, where they claimed the origin of the name is from some ancient language meaning leader. That was a bit too vague for my liking. What do they mean ancient? is it a dead language? The word Εμίρης/Εμίρα (Emiris/Emira) is used in Greek as a term of endearment as well as representing a title of authority (but definitely does not sound Greek in origin). Quick google came up with Emir being of actual Arabic origin with Emira the feminine form, a cognate for princess!
So I would like to think of Emira as an exotic princess, straight out of 1001 Nights, that we have all fallen in love with.

:)
Another interpretation was Leader or Commander, which was cited during one of the launch event interviews. I'm content with leading edge, because of the design.

OP
Nick

Nick

Reaction score
Another interpretation was Leader or Commander, which was cited during one of the launch event interviews. I'm content with leading edge, because of the design.
I am a fan of Modesty Blaise comic strip, so Princess really does float my boat ;-)