Emira the dawn of new Lotus?

Spider

Reaction score
Very excited about the prospect of owning an Emira, found this forum just Googling for information, photos, colours and specs of the car.
Think it’s Nimbus Grey for me with the black pack, black light weight wheels, red calipers, black alcantara red stitching.
Please don’t hate me but I am not a huge fan of the current range (bar Evija) if I am totally honest, there I’ve said it and it’s out there, apologies no offence meant.
Spoke with local dealer and they inform me they will have an Emira to view in September along with full specs and prices. Apparently they currently have around 1,500 deposits.
looking forward to exploring the forum and topics, thanks for setting it up 🏎💨👍
Chris

42F90837-EA54-4FCD-81E8-A650EAE5DB0B.png

Welcome to the forum @Spider 🍻 So far that photo above looks just like my build!

Welcome to the forum @Spider 🍻 So far that photo above looks just like my build!
Thank you, I guess we both have similar tastes. I think the darker colours don’t show the lines properly, the blues also nice but prefer the subtler lighter colours. I normally have my cars in silver but I guess that’s not currently an option. I know there’s a lot of heritage with Lotus which I love but my main attraction is the cutting edge design and tech and a bit of luxury!. I am going with the AMG DSG and have it tweaked as necc. I know folk like the manual option but I’ve moved on, I think the driving is just as fun with paddles. I am a big fan of Frank Stephenson who designs with nature shapes in mind and doesn’t put any BS on shapes, vents etc it’s all functional. He has a good video on YouTube with his thoughts on the Emira, all positive but had a couple of tweaks and I thought he was bang on. I couldn’t get to FOS so looking forward to seeing it in the flesh hopefully later next month at the dealership…🏎💨

Very excited about the prospect of owning an Emira, found this forum just Googling for information, photos, colours and specs of the car.
Think it’s Nimbus Grey for me with the black pack, black light weight wheels, red calipers, black alcantara red stitching.
Please don’t hate me but I am not a huge fan of the current range (bar Evija) if I am totally honest, there I’ve said it and it’s out there, apologies no offence meant.
Spoke with local dealer and they inform me they will have an Emira to view in September along with full specs and prices. Apparently they currently have around 1,500 deposits.
looking forward to exploring the forum and topics, thanks for setting it up 🏎💨👍
Chris

View attachment 146
When you say "to view", do you mean they will have one on display at the dealership?

When you say "to view", do you mean they will have one on display at the dealership?
Yes the dealer in Ashford Kent said every Lotus outlet will have one to show September / October and they will have full spec and prices too

As per the email from Lotus - "In Autumn 2021, we will be communicating further details about Emira, including launch specifications, plus updating the configurator on lotuscars.com, and Emira will start a tour around selected retailer showrooms." - so not sure every Outlet will have one in Sept / October

As per the email from Lotus - "In Autumn 2021, we will be communicating further details about Emira, including launch specifications, plus updating the configurator on lotuscars.com, and Emira will start a tour around selected retailer showrooms." - so not sure every Outlet will have one in Sept / October
Apologies meant to say tour to dealers, I think there are about 30 U.K. dealers? You’d like to think they would all get a go, or maybe share if reasonably close by so prospective purchasers can view

Apologies meant to say tour to dealers, I think there are about 30 U.K. dealers? You’d like to think they would all get a go, or maybe share if reasonably close by so prospective purchasers can view
Looks like about 22 going by map on Lotus website (https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/retailers/) - so yes would hope it goes to all of them, luckily I live not far from Lotus HQ and the local dealer in Long Stratton - so hoping will be first place for it to visit as so close! fingers crossed

Looks like about 22 going by map on Lotus website (https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/retailers/) - so yes would hope it goes to all of them, luckily I live not far from Lotus HQ and the local dealer in Long Stratton - so hoping will be first place for it to visit as so close! fingers crossed
Let’s hope so and lucky you being so close. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh as it were and picking spec out. Last Lotus I was in was a Sunbeam 😂

Let’s hope so and lucky you being so close. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh as it were and picking spec out. Last Lotus I was in was a Sunbeam 😂
I'll post here if I hear anything about it coming to my local dealer. Yes totally agree