EMIRA in Bay Area CA.

Lovora

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I live in Folsom, CA, and placed a deposit on an Emira with Mike from SF Lotus at the Quail event last August. He was not sure at the time about the number of cars that his dealership would get under allocation. I don't think anybody knew how many cars would be ordered. Surprise, they got many more orders than they expected. Along with all the supply chain nightmares (I know, I own a manufacturing company), one must give Lotus some slack. I was told that I "might" make the list for an FE in 2022. Mike and SF Lotus have been great in updating me and crossing their fingers for me.

Well, I got the "Call" on Monday (6/20). One customer backed out last week and I was next. I promptly confirmed my order with Mike and we submitted my final order on Monday evening. And, yesterday Lotus confirmed that my car was on order. My expected delivery is early December 2022. I'd be glad to show it to any of you at Folsom C+C someday.

I have been following the progress of the Emira over the past year. I used to work for a high-end car audio company and I still have some pretty good industry ties. My contacts have confirmed that the new KEF audio system will be quite good. It comes standard on the FE cars and I would have ordered it anyway. I made a post about the technology of the system in another thread, so you can search for it if you are interested. Do not worry, KEF is indeed a high-quality company with tremendous engineering talents. And they will not be going this alone, two other industry powerhouse companies will be assisting. Combined, they have many hundreds of high-end OEM stereo systems under their belts.

I have a 2017 Evora in perfect condition, 18K miles, stick, dark grey with black leather. It will be coming up for sale soon. I will post it on the Lotus forum in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Glenn
My Evora SOLD yesterday. The new owner is thrilled. It was a sad day for me. He emailed me last night saying he and his wife sat in the garage and just stared at the car. :)

Crown

Reaction score
As our supposed delivery dates for July deliveries are moving back by months now, I think it only fair they release the lock part of your locked in spec and allow you to make changes if you wish .
As many of us have made decisions on specs and locked them in without seeing colours and final product.
You had to lock in as you were getting the benefit of an early car, now your not !

Lovora

Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer this week (Lotus of San Francisco) and I was told "US car production starts this week". My August 2021 deposit was supposed to be delivered in Dec 2022. We all know how that worked out. I'm in manufacturing and the supply chain issue is certainly real. I totally understand. I have been told that my (FE) car should be delivered this summer.

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I spoke with my dealer this week (Lotus of San Francisco) and I was told "US car production starts this week". My August 2021 deposit was supposed to be delivered in Dec 2022. We all know how that worked out. I'm in manufacturing and the supply chain issue is certainly real. I totally understand. I have been told that my (FE) car should be delivered this summer.
Fantastic if true!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Were you able to confirm if your dealer got this info from a recent update? I reached out to my NJ dealer today and haven't heard back. All signs are pointing toward further delays... Nothing confirmed yet.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Were you able to confirm if your dealer got this info from a recent update? I reached out to my NJ dealer today and haven't heard back. All signs are pointing toward further delays... Nothing confirmed yet.
Yea, I am afraid of the case that the dealer was just relaying the old info they got back in August.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
At this point we just don't know if they have or have not started producing NA units, right?

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm scheduled for a 10-2024 delivery, so don't feel bad. Honestly, I'd rather Lotus resolve any issues than end up like so many Corvette owners - bug fest city.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer today. They have not been given any updates from Lotus.
So still know only old information that US production is scheduled to start this month.
I plan on checking with then again next week. If I hear anything will post it

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I'm scheduled for a 10-2024 delivery, so don't feel bad. Honestly, I'd rather Lotus resolve any issues than end up like so many Corvette owners - bug fest city.
Yea, but those guys deserve it. /S