Emira GT4 rear wing

Even if Lotus, or the aftermarket, do I won't be. Shouldn't be necessary for road use/speeds.....

I can't see a rational reason to install the wing if the car does not come with it. Looks aside, there are also practical concerns. For one, the rear hatch lid cannot be opened more than a few inches with the wing in place.

I wasn't thinking about every day driving I was thinking about track day options. My 22b has a wing and whilst initially self conscious I learnt to love it!
22b.jpg

I would, but only if I could buy the whole gt4 visual kit. That means the vented front access panel, wing, front splitter, and presumably suspension mods to lower the car. The wing all by itself would be out of balance.

Honestly I’d probably buy all of those bits but leave the wing off, or go with something more subtle.

1664974578478.jpeg

I would, but only if I could buy the whole gt4 visual kit. That means the vented front access panel, wing, front splitter, and presumably suspension mods to lower the car. The wing all by itself would be out of balance.

Honestly I’d probably buy all of those bits but leave the wing off, or go with something more subtle.

View attachment 9480
I fully agree!

Although the front splitter I have doubts for daily use. Might have to go like a turtle on speed bumps and garages.

Unless we had nose lift option

View attachment 9480
Well when I say the wing, it means everything else, Lotus will not sell you these parts because it defeats the purpose of them selling you a $210K Emira with a few upgrades and a roll cage, genius marketing ;)

I fully agree!

Although the front splitter I have doubts for daily use. Might have to go like a turtle on speed bumps and garages.

Unless we had nose lift option
If you’re going to go full aero you’re probably going to need stiffer spring rates and damping to match in which case there are coilovers to help you achieve the front lift you want. Probably a decent amount of space to work with to place the compressor and air tank for it too.

If you’re going to go full aero you’re probably going to need stiffer spring rates and damping to match in which case there are coilovers to help you achieve the front lift you want. Probably a decent amount of space to work with to place the compressor and air tank for it too.
Yup and the spoiler is pointless.
On the cup cars it will go straight through the boot and bolt directly to the chassis.
You probably won't even be able to attach it to the std Emira hatch

Yup and the spoiler is pointless.
On the cup cars it will go straight through the boot and bolt directly to the chassis.
You probably won't even be able to attach it to the std Emira hatch
Don’t worry I’m sure someone will release a street version of it that presses on fiberglass instead of the chassis. For those who want race car looks … and not much more.

For what? The 4.6/5.0 sec to a 100 with a v6 engine? It will look like a joke! if any other sports car will beat your ass at a traffic light.. eg audi s/rs 5 cyl model, merc amg 4 cyl model who are doing 0-100 under 4 seconds. What a joke.. because your car has super car looks? Well its just the looks dont fool your self especially with an outdated v6 engine in the back! And when it comes to the i4 indeed they did fck all to the engine just put it in there as and even detuned it???… no lotus map touchup sound change, performance change or whatsoever, they just using the lotus brand/heritage to make this car a succes.. im out! .. its going to be an i4 if I can get my hands on or cancel the emira order… such a disappointment really.. first lotus and a very bad experience :s prices going up twice, inflexible to adjust order where I put a 20% downpayment for etc etc etc

Back