Emira for sale in Germany - V6 Hethel Yellow Touring

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this is very hard for me to post, but I need to offer my Emira, which will be here with my dealer in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
My specification is as follows:

- Hethel Yellow with black wheels and red calipers
- V6 manual
- no black pack
- privacy glass
- Touring with GY
- black Alcantara with yellow stitches
- steering wheel in black leather

Because of some private reasons I can't take my Emira anymore! And I was told by my dealer that the car is already on its way to the dealer. He expects it to arrive in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Who is interested in to take it? I don't charge anything additional!
Please let me know!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you can't take the car after the long wait. Hasn't your dealer got a waiting list of people with deposits who might be interested?

Sorry to hear you , for sure there’s somebody interested or in waitlist

Hi guys,
this is very hard for me to post, but I need to offer my Emira, which will be here with my dealer in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
My specification is as follows:

- Hethel Yellow with black wheels and red calipers
- no black pack
- privacy glass
- Touring with GY
- black Alcantara with yellow stitches
- steering wheel in black leather

Because of some private reasons I can't take my Emira anymore! And I was told by my dealer that the car is already on its way to the dealer. He expects it to arrive in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Who is interested in to take it? I don't charge anything additional!
Please let me know!
Yes as Tom said, you would imagine the dealer should be able to find someone quite easily, especially in Germany, one of Lotus's largest markets. Maybe its a colour thing and people wanting their exact spec, but even still it would be surprising if they cannot take it off your hands.
Not wishing to be negative, but my Spanish dealer has not found anyone interested either in case I wanted to sell. I still am unsure of the "real" interest in the car after the very dubious reviews, BUT I am sure you will sell it without losing any money, but you may need to pay and let the dealer deal with it..... unless they can offer you a better solution.
Let us know how you get on. If it were not yellow and I didnt have to pay sales tax to bring it to Spain, I would consider it, so I am sure someone in Germany will want it....

Thank you guys.
For sure I‘ll let you know about everything what’s going on.

Very kind of you. You could easily buy it and flip for cool 5-10k. Good luck, not that you will need it :)

Thank you guys.
For sure I‘ll let you know about everything what’s going on.
Why dont you also try emailing / calling some other german dealers, not just your own. Your guys make the margin with you and hence have got the sale already.... Another dealer could perhaps be more helpful to make more money.

try this guy, he is very nice and pleasant to deal with. He may buy the car directly or know a customer for it..

Bernd Feistle

Moderator edit: email address removed to prevent address harvesters/spammers

Last edited by a moderator:
Presumably if the car isn’t registered in Germany it could be shipped elsewhere in the Eu without taxes, if you can find someone eon here it could be a great deal as I can’t see these selling at list with such limited supply.

Presumably if the car isn’t registered in Germany it could be shipped elsewhere in the Eu without taxes, if you can find someone eon here it could be a great deal as I can’t see these selling at list with such limited supply.
I think the dealer will be obligated to register it... or else Lotus would not give them credit for the sale....
Its not that easy to take a car from a dealer before its registered I would say, especially under the Lotus new guidance.....
I would like to think that they will sell over list also, but as of yet we have no evidence to back this up.... we do have evidence however, of people cancelling orders... :(

Not wishing to be negative, but my Spanish dealer has not found anyone interested either in case I wanted to sell. I still am unsure of the "real" interest in the car after the very dubious reviews, BUT I am sure you will sell it without losing any money, but you may need to pay and let the dealer deal with it..... unless they can offer you a better solution.
Let us know how you get on. If it were not yellow and I didnt have to pay sales tax to bring it to Spain, I would consider it, so I am sure someone in Germany will want it....

I don't think this is being negative. It's hard to sell a car people don't know a lot about. I think the real test is after the cars are on the road for a while and the public can see it. Lotus really needs people to daily drive this car to generate wide interest in the brand, or at least go beyond enthusiasts.

I don't think this is being negative. It's hard to sell a car people don't know a lot about. I think the real test is after the cars are on the road for a while and the public can see it. Lotus really needs people to daily drive this car to generate wide interest in the brand, or at least go beyond enthusiasts.
I agree, BUT...if the overall reviews had been better and there is a great deal of space for them to be better, then I think the level of interest would be that much higher.
Harry's garage with all due respect is not what people in the EU watch, its not even that well known in the UK if I am honest. Even I only started watching it about 15 months ago.... haha. I do the farm too ;)

I agree, BUT...if the overall reviews had been better and there is a great deal of space for them to be better, then I think the level of interest would be that much higher.
Harry's garage with all due respect is not what people in the EU watch, its not even that well known in the UK if I am honest. Even I only started watching it about 15 months ago.... haha. I do the farm too ;)

I disagree. The mass appeal buyer isn't concerned about the limits of the car. They want a comfortable, sporty car to drive. If I am driving an Mustang Ecoboost 4 cylinder and I got a new job and I am looking for a new sporty car to drive, an I4 would be a great upgrade. A base I4 with touring suspension would be a very nice sports car for someone to drive. I have friends who have sporty cars such as M5s, Caymans, Mustangs that don't watch youtube car reviews and really don't know they exist.

I disagree. The mass appeal buyer isn't concerned about the limits of the car. They want a comfortable, sporty car to drive. If I am driving an Mustang Ecoboost 4 cylinder and I got a new job and I am looking for a new sporty car to drive, an I4 would be a great upgrade. A base I4 with touring suspension would be a very nice sports car for someone to drive. I have friends who have sporty cars such as M5s, Caymans, Mustangs that don't watch youtube car reviews and really don't know they exist.

Also my perspective is for USA only, I can't speak at all for other countries so that may be a blindspot for my opinion.

Just now stumbled across this thread, I realise it's a month old and would guess the car is already gone.

@Golfer1971 are you still looking for a buyer? I may be able to ask around in the german Lotus circle where I know a few people in. Feel free to DM me in case it is.

Unfortunately it looks like @Golfer1971 hasn’t visited the forum since 20 Oct. Not sure if the car is still available. Hope he is OK.

Back