• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira configuration - it's u-turn time!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good evening/morning/afternoon - select according to time-zone. (G'day if you're in Australia!)

Well it's done!!! After weeks and months of agonizing I have made my choices - here's what they are and why, along with a screenshot.

Colour - Dark Verdant: classy, British and Lotus. If it's a little lighter than the sample discs then great, but I'll take it even if it's not.
Black Pack - not with the green, it's dark enough not to need it and my interior choice looks better without the black roof.
Interior - Tan! After months of saying green and tan was a bit too traditionaI I suddenly fell in love with it.
Steering wheel - black alcantara, tactility and functionality, plus it adds another texture inside.
Wheels - the green needs the bright silver for me, added benefit being the silver wheels, while the same size as the others, look slightly larger.
Calipers - I could have gone silver for a clean, super-classy look but the pop of yellow works so well and this is a Lotus, not an Aston.
Engine - V6. After saying i4 since day 1, impatience plus the possibility to run this for a couple of years then switch to i4 got the better of me. Looking forward to the soundtrack....
Gearbox - Manual. I've read so many complimentary things about the auto and this will be a daily driver after all but the inclusion of the LSD swung it.
Suspension - Touring. The Harry's garage video nearly switched me to sports, but then I reminded myself he was on a track, whereas I'll be on Scottish roads 99% of the time.

So here she is....

1635878879882.png

Attachments

• 1635878826078.png
    1635878826078.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
My same exact configuration, and for the same reasons. Congrats!!
correction…. I’m still trying to figure out wheels….
have you placed the order?

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great spec - very classy. Interesting point about the silver wheels and Russell said in the Harry's Garage video about the optical illusion of silver wheels looking larger. I'd never heard that before but it makes sense.

Non-BP also means some green on the mirror housing plus silver rear badge and exhaust tips, some further points of visual interest.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great spec - very classy. Interesting point about the silver wheels and Russell said in the Harry's Garage video about the optical illusion of silver wheels looking larger. I'd never heard that before but it makes sense.

Non-BP also means some green on the mirror housing plus silver rear badge and exhaust tips, some further points of visual interest.
On the wheels Tom, black tends to shrink things visually (that's why people always say it's slimming!) The reason the all-silver appear larger than the diamond cut is clear if you look at how the black parts of the rim reduce the apparent overall diameter in those areas. But I'm sure you already know all of that... 😎

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not until Russell pointed it out! I choose what I like the look of and then post-justify it :)

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not until Russell pointed it out! I choose what I like the look of and then post-justify it :)
Don't we all! 🤣 Good point on the silver badging and exhaust tips too.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Don't we all! 🤣 Good point on the silver badging and exhaust tips too.
I’ve gone for silver wheels no matter which colour I go for. I’ve got diamond cut alloys on the M3 and there a pain to recut, the laquer always goes milky and bubbles.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Is this still true (ie silver badges/tips)? Seems the lower black pack was changed to everything low being black and the black pack adds a black roof and mirrors. Carr also mentions it in the Harry's Garage video.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good evening/morning/afternoon - select according to time-zone! (G'day if you're in Australia!)

Well it's done!!! After weeks and months of agonizing I have made my choices - here's what they are and why, along with a screenshot.

Colour - Dark Verdant: classy, British and Lotus. If it's a little lighter then the sample discs then great, but I'll take it even if it's not.
Black Pack - not with the green, it's dark enough not to need it and my interior choice looks better without the black roof.
Interior - Tan! After months of saying green and tan was a bit too traditionaI I suddenly fell in love with it.
Steering wheel - black alcantara, tactility and functionality, plus it adds another texture inside.
Wheels - the green needs the bright silver for me, added benefit being the silver wheels, while the same size as the others, look slightly larger.
Calipers - I could have gone silver for a clean, super-classy look but the pop of yellow works so well and this is a Lotus, not an Aston.
Engine - V6. After saying i4 since day 1, impatience plus the possibility to run this for a couple of years then switch to i4 got the better of me. Looking forward to the soundtrack....
Gearbox - Manual. I've read so many complimentary things about the auto and this will be a daily driver after all but the inclusion of the LSD swung it.
Suspension - Touring. The Harry's garage video nearly switched me to sports, but then I reminded myself he was on a track, whereas I'll be on Scottish roads 99% of the time.

So here she is....

View attachment 1096
Congratulations.. it will be worth the wait.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great spec!!! Same spec here except:

Black Pack, Yes. I think the Black pack looks best with the Verdant and Greys.

Black Gloss wheels instead of silver. Like Russell said, black is more aggressive, race car type look.

Black calipers instead of yellow. Again, I want a dark car and yellow calipers, yellow center caps, and gold wheels seems too much.

Suspension: Sport not touring. Not a daily driver. James Bond will be riding shot gun and his martini will be shaken not stirred after a ride with me!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is this still true (ie silver badges/tips)? Seems the lower black pack was changed to everything low being black and the black pack adds a black roof and mirrors. Carr also mentions it in the Harry's Garage video.
That was what I was told at the 29 Sept dealer roadshow. I went through all the elements of the Black Pack with Scott Walker, both in the product brief document and on the blue show car.

That doesn’t mean Lotus haven’t changed their mind since then!

It currently says this on the configurator, which implies without black pack these 5 elements are non-black:
012F4572-D6B1-42B1-A4CF-B4CB2C5C7C24.jpeg

Singularity

Reaction score
Good evening/morning/afternoon - select according to time-zone! (G'day if you're in Australia!)

Colour - Dark Verdant: classy, British and Lotus. If it's a little lighter then the sample discs then great, but I'll take it even if it's not.

So here she is....

View attachment 1096
Congratulations. As others have pointed out this is the classy look - great choices.

I’m still torn between this exact spec and something a bit more shouty with the Magma Red, full black pack, alcantara and the diamond cut wheels.

The big difference is I have decided to opt for the i4, so have a bit longer to figure things out! The question now is ….. how do we stand the wait?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations. As others have pointed out this is the classy look - great choices.

I’m still torn between this exact spec and something a bit more shouty with the Magma Red, full black pack, alcantara and the diamond cut wheels.

The big difference is I have decided to opt for the i4, so have a bit longer to figure things out! The question now is ….. how do we stand the wait?
1. If you wait for the i4 you may have more paint options and an even more difficult decision
2. Drive another Lotus as a stopgap :)

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If they changed the black pack features, then this would mean that every first edition would have a black tail pipe since they all have the lower black pack as standard. I hope that’s not the case, since I like the bling and visual interest of bling and brightness. I have just never understood the interest in black wheels. They just aren’t for me. But if they are for you, then go for it!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That was what I was told at the 29 Sept dealer roadshow. I went through all the elements of the Black Pack with Scott Walker, both in the product brief document and on the blue show car.

That doesn’t mean Lotus haven’t changed their mind since then!

It currently says this on the configurator, which implies without black pack these 5 elements are non-black:
View attachment 1097

Hhmmm... Interesting. I have also noticed the configurator doesn't change the tips from silver to black like it used to. It's always black. Fyi, I use the US configurator.
Could this be a US vs UK thing? I wouldn't think so but nothing surprises me at this point.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The change on the configurator isn't always obvious, both for the tips and the rear badge. If you view from rear three quarter from slightly above (7pm position) then you can see both the tip and badge change as you toggle between.

The V6 FE Specification Document also covers what's in Lower Black Pack and Black Pack:
  • Lower Black Pack (standard): air blades, front splitter, side sills and rear diffuser in Gloss Black
  • Black Pack (cost option): roof, cantrails, mirror backs, rear Lotus badge, tailpipe finisher in Gloss Black

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The change on the configurator isn't always obvious, both for the tips and the rear badge. If you view from rear three quarter from slightly above (7pm position) then you can see both the tip and badge change as you toggle between.

The V6 FE Specification Document also covers what's in Lower Black Pack and Black Pack:
  • Lower Black Pack (standard): air blades, front splitter, side sills and rear diffuser in Gloss Black
  • Black Pack (cost option): roof, cantrails, mirror backs, rear Lotus badge, tailpipe finisher in Gloss Black

OK yes, it's definitely spelled out in the text. Thank you 😊

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I had the same dilemma and I'm sure we are not alone! If I'd chosen the "shouty" route it would have been pretty much launch car spec - Seneca blue, black pack, etc.

The other option was Nimbus, with red or tan leather (love a contrast interior) this would have looked amazing but I have silver 996 C4S (which I'll be keeping) and just fancied a change.