Emira Car Covers

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In the end, how did it go?
Still havent had it on the car - car was dirty then off for detailing and PPF (that has taken ages - a story for the PPF thread !) and I pick it up Thurs. Will pop cover on when I get it home and let you know šŸ‘šŸ»

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still havent had it on the car - car was dirty then off for detailing and PPF (that has taken ages - a story for the PPF thread !) and I pick it up Thurs. Will pop cover on when I get it home and let you know šŸ‘šŸ»
Great thank you very much!
Surely you will be looking forward to rolling with the car šŸ˜œ

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally got the car back from PPF (over a month away šŸ™„) and so some photos of the cover on the Emira.

It fits really well and is thicker/heavier than other indoor covers I have owned - a good thing as will protect the car from garage dings better.

I mentioned before that it is strange it has clips and straps - I will never use these on an indoor cover so will remove the clips as, even though they are in a little pouch, they can bang against the car whilst fitting.

I like the way the seams on the bonnet area are sewn to match the lines of the Emiraā€™s bonnet.

Shout if any queries but overall I would definitely recommend this cover.
IMG_4910.jpeg
IMG_4915.jpeg
IMG_4913.jpeg

Last edited:

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally got the car back from PPF (over a month away šŸ™„) and so some photos of the cover on the Emira.

It fits really well and is thicker/heavier than other indoor covers I have owned - a good thing as will protect the car from garage dings better.

I mentioned before that it is strange it has clips and straps - I will never use these on an indoor cover so will remove the clips as, even though they are in a little pouch, they can bang against the car whilst fitting.

I like the way the seams on the bonnet area are sewn to match the lines of the Emiraā€™s bonnet.

Shout if any queries but overall I would definitely recommend this cover. View attachment 27964View attachment 27965View attachment 27966
Congratulations, I'm glad you already have the car I hope you enjoy it a lot driving with it.

Thank you very much for the feedback, in that case I will surely buy the same cover when my order arrives :)

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has purchased one of these and if so, what are your thought on it ?

THanks.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has purchased one of these and if so, what are your thought on it ?

THanks.
I've got one, looks great in the corner of my room in it's cover. One day I'll put it on the car šŸ˜

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased an outdoor cover for the car that they like or know where we can get then? Covercraft doesn't seem to have the pattern yet.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I cancelled my TLF order and bought one at Hethel too, 10% off when I did a day at LDA. Haven't used it yet though.
Is this a thing? 10% off for the tour / driving academy?

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Bought mine direct from Lotus. A bit fiddly to get on over the door mirrors but fine apart from that!

Attachments

• IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 53

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Bought mine direct from Lotus. A bit fiddly to get on over the door mirrors but fine apart from that!
Hmm, that looks different to the one on the Lotus website.Maybe it's because they've pulled it taut from underneath?
Are there fixing lines to do this?
1709462292338.jpeg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hmm, that looks different to the one on the Lotus website.Maybe it's because they've pulled it taut from underneath?
Are there fixing lines to do this?
View attachment 37937
Different cover. The one you are showing is the "indoor" cover. They have the outdoor version which is nowhere near as fitted.

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Different cover. The one you are showing is the "indoor" cover. They have the outdoor version which is nowhere near as fitted.
Ok. I was just going on their website shop page.
1709462789686.png

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yea I am looking for a fitted outdoor cover. I am not sure the unfitted one will hold up to the wind. Neither Covercraft nor Coverking has the pattern yet. I can't bring it home until I have the cover, it will have to stay in storage. It will be parked under trees and exposed to the elements.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok. I was just going on their website shop page.
View attachment 37939
Yes, this has been a wrong image for a long time. Lotus UK was using the images of the indoor cover for both products for many months, I think because they didn't have any shots of the outdoor cover. I guess many dealers and parts channels are still doing so.

Unfortunately the outdoor cover does NOT look like that. There have been several threads on here going back about a year and a half ago, about the mismatch between expectation and reality based on the wrong photo. The real outdoor cover isn't "fitted" at all in the way shown.

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It does have two under car "clip in" fixing straps but really only needed in very windy conditions! As others have said, not as "fitted" as the indoor cover, but a heavier material with a soft inner lining.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm planning on keeping my Emira outside, so will need to purchase a decent outside car cover. Does anyone know if Lotus will be bringing out indoor and outdoor car covers for the Emira before it comes on sale, or will I have to get one bespoke made by a car cover manufacturer?
This guy in England is awesome! I've had two covers made by him

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 00.32.55 copy.png

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

View attachment 37954
Thanks for this. It looks like they ship to the USA so I will contact them. Like the customization of it.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 37954

Looks great! I'll use them if they can adjust it to work with the ducktail.

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Iā€™m fortunate enough to always garage my sport cars on a 4-post lift, so donā€™t need outdoor car covers and for me, Iā€™d not risk them moving with wind and rubbing the paint. I use indoor covers and usually use OEM for around $500 Can. The OEM Lotus Emira indoor cover looks great but itā€™s out of stock. The UK Classiceditions.com indoor cover looks interesting, with its customizable colour options. But both would easily cost me $750 to $850 Can. delivered, once I paid custom charges. Iā€™ve just ordered the black satin indoor Emira cover from Carcover.ca and after their 20% off discount, the delivered price is just under $200 Can. (taxes included) since it ships from Canada. They also sell out of the States as Carcovers.com. I know I know, you get what you pay for: their cover has nothing for the mirrors and they have some questionable reviews for their outdoor covers. Hopefully an indoor cover will be OK. Iā€™ll report here once I get it and check it out, but Iā€™m told not to expect my Emira until August (Iā€™ll believe it when I see it, given all the delays) so Iā€™ll not know the fit for awhile.