Emira Car Covers

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I think I’ve taken car covers a bit too far… lol this finally arrived after about 6 weeks.
Needs a few days (?) to straighten out having been compressed on a boat for weeks, and I need to inflate it a bit more.
Fits perfectly, i sized it for both Emira and Evora (I bought two). Size wise it’s precisely how I specified it. I need a bit more time to evaluate overall, but so far i think I’ll be happy.

View attachment 21086
Is this supposed to be for indoor storage or outdoor protection?

Ian C

Reaction score
The outdoor covers are not yet available from Lotus but juts double checked to see if they were now in stock and they are not but the price has gone up from £499 to £550 , should have paid for it long ago !

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The outdoor covers are not yet available from Lotus but juts double checked to see if they were now in stock and they are not but the price has gone up from £499 to £550 , should have paid for it long ago !

Ouch! I'm sure there will be some quality aftermarket options soon.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't get too excited. One of the guys who received one of the outdoor covers ended up with this:

bad-cover-outdoor.jpg

I hope that the price change is reflective of a change in either the product or the supplier, because this somewhat oversized cover doesn't seem entirely appropriate to the car, and certainly doesn't match the photos of the outdoor cover that have been released by Lotus. That was showing a fitted cover.

This one seems like it will flap in the wind, and that's going to create paint problems over time.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. One of the guys who received one of the outdoor covers ended up with this:

View attachment 21568

I hope that the price change is reflective of a change in either the product or the supplier, because this somewhat oversized cover doesn't seem entirely appropriate to the car, and certainly doesn't match the photos of the outdoor cover that have been released by Lotus. That was showing a fitted cover.

This one seems like it will flap in the wind, and that's going to create paint problems over time.
Theyre all going to create paint problems, tbh I think they create more problems than they solve. Just ceramic and clean your car regularly. Or maybe look at those outdoor domes that fold ove clear of the paint.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Theyre all going to create paint problems, tbh I think they create more problems than they solve. Just ceramic and clean your car regularly. Or maybe look at those outdoor domes that fold ove clear of the paint.
On the flip side, some people do need a cover they can put on the car while parked outside every now and then, when they need to clear out the garage for some work on a different vehicle or for a project.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
On the flip side, some people do need a cover they can put on the car while parked outside every now and then, when they need to clear out the garage for some work on a different vehicle or for a project.
I get that but I think I'd he looking at this sort of thing rather than fitted

images.jpeg-8.jpg

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I get that but I think I'd he looking at this sort of thing rather than fitted

View attachment 21589
I mean, that's cool and all, but it would look pretty weird out in front of my house. I could see this being a thing if I needed a semi-permanent way to store a car outside and had the room to put it back behind the house or behind a garage or something.

But not in the particular use case I'm dealing with, which is a need to very occasionally park a car outside and in public view, but want to keep tree filth off of it while it's there for a few nights.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 21568

This one is apparently the official lotus one, it looks nothing like the fitted one they remove when they reveal cars to customers for the factory pick up. That fits like a glove, from the photos the outdoor one looks a similar fit

The one used in this photo isn’t worth anywhere 500 GBP

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I mean, that's cool and all, but it would look pretty weird out in front of my house. I could see this being a thing if I needed a semi-permanent way to store a car outside and had the room to put it back behind the house or behind a garage or something.

But not in the particular use case I'm dealing with, which is a need to very occasionally park a car outside and in public view, but want to keep tree filth off of it while it's there for a few nights.
If its only occasional then I really would give a fitted outdoor cover a miss. You'd have to clean it before you put it on anyway, just get the car coated and clean it.

Not like you're hiding it from view with a massive lotus badge on it 😄👍🏼

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If its only occasional then I really would give a fitted outdoor cover a miss. You'd have to clean it before you put it on anyway, just get the car coated and clean it.

Not like you're hiding it from view with a massive lotus badge on it 😄👍🏼
Yeah I really wish they didn't have that giant Lotus on there. It's like an invitation for vandalism.

My particular situation involves parking the car under an enormous magnolia tree, so I'm just trying to keep crap off the car on the one night every few months that I have some friends over to wrench on one of their cars. Honestly the indoor cover might even be fine for my use case, particularly if it's washable.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 21568

Gosh, that’s not as fitted as I’d expect it to be, but I imagine the less fitted, the better for the car paint. I would look for a solution than doesn’t touch the body work - there are a few manufacturers I’ve seen with options.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I put a high end cover on my VW R32 and it destroyed the paint over one winter. I will never use a car cover outside again.

Attachments

• EA96222B-BE1D-45A3-A825-5BC7A391C399.jpeg
    EA96222B-BE1D-45A3-A825-5BC7A391C399.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 51
  • 48B93324-11CE-42A3-99C2-0C413B3C3D0C.jpeg
    48B93324-11CE-42A3-99C2-0C413B3C3D0C.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 53

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have no garage available or space for a car port but plenty of front drive space. I was intending to go the cover route but a little concerned over the paint damage experiences. Maybe ppf and ceramic coating and a cover would be fine? Or is ppf and ceramic, the cover is unnecessary?

Any advice/experiences welcome. Not getting a tent either and not a fan of the loose (correct use btw - drives me nuts when people write loose instead of lose - sorry my trigger :cool: ) cover pictures above.

Ian C

Reaction score

View attachment 21568

That looks awful and nothing like the one originally advertised

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts